Sponsored

Bronco Temptation..

xcantuaj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Love my JL but I love that Ford really put in a lot of research on what consumers want.
Quad roof panels
Ecoboost engines (2.7 ecoboost is butter)
35 inch tires
4.70 gears
list goes on and on.
Sponsored

zgrw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
I am also very curious about its off road performance, to me though I feel like, with Jeep we have more functionality for a lower price. At least this was my experience when I built a fairly similar branco on ford.ca website for comparison.

Last edited:

rallydefault

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
Go for it, man.

I'm tempted, but I'm gonna wait and see how the 4XE pans out and if they offer it in the 2-door at some point in the next 3ish years. I think hybrid and electric vehicles are the future, so I don't see value in purchasing a brand-new vehicle that is only ICE at this stage in the game (my personal opinion only, please understand). Bronco hasn't revealed any plans for their inevitable hybrid/electric implementations, so I'm just gonna be patient for a bit.

Ruby Clatterbox

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 dr. Willy's
The competition is a good thing. Hopefully Jeep will institute some of those options other than a 6.4 to make it easier to stick with the brand.

Zotch

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hella Sport S JL
Love my JL but I love that Ford really put in a lot of research on what consumers want.
Quad roof panels
35 inch tires
4.70 gears
list goes on and on.
Grass is always greener.

Sponsored

cmb

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon, 2020 Toyota Tacoma
I have an early reservation for a Bronco, also may consider a 4xe before the order actually gets placed in December. Will be replacing my daily driver (Audi Q5), will be keeping my Jeep so I am not as worried about it's off road capabilities. Sure it can handle any basic trails I would do on our road trips and if plan on doing something more channeling will just take the Jeep.

Kind of like the ideal of having both, although have to admit the hemi JL sounds awesome. To bad it will mostly be a bit more then I want to spend.

OP
OP

xcantuaj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Grass is greener? Jeep has had many years to come up with better engine options and never did. It’s nice when a car manufacturer really puts in the effort to listen to the consumer.

iamstillvince

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 wrangler sport s
i just bought my first wrangler, way I figure is in 4 ish years, I'll trade on a bronco if I still want it. Probably gonna be hard to get one for a while also and first production years are usually full of bugs. In the end they are both pretty awesome.

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
Quad roof panels
35 inch tires
4.70 gears
list goes on and on.
Jeep Wrangler JL Bronco Temptation.. 1605560006944

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
Grass is always greener.
I think some of the new comers don't realize there is actually a fan boy forum for the new Broncos.

Sponsored

_olllllllo_

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hellayella JLU Rubicon 6-speed
Go for it, man.

I'm tempted, but I'm gonna wait and see how the 4XE pans out and if they offer it in the 2-door at some point in the next 3ish years. I think hybrid and electric vehicles are the future, so I don't see value in purchasing a brand-new vehicle that is only ICE at this stage in the game (my personal opinion only, please understand). Bronco hasn't revealed any plans for their inevitable hybrid/electric implementations, so I'm just gonna be patient for a bit.
I am hoping the unrivaled Jeep aftermarket community comes up with an electric conversion. Pull the engine and drop in a motor (I want to keep my 6-speed manual) and drop the fuel tank and replace with a battery pack. I realize the long-term is to have two motors and lose all the drive train, but I don't want to lose all the mechanicals as I would rather keep the Jeep as close to character as possible.

I refuse to buy an off-road vehicle that has an electronic push-button emergency brake. Are you kidding me? What a terrible decision. I also worry about the dial an off-road setting. Hopefully there is a lock-out so you can't accidentally turn to the wrong setting while thrashing about off-road. Also I can splash water all over the place in a Jeep and the manual controls don't care, but electronics don't really like water or other fluids and unless the interior is IP67 or IP68 I see some issues.

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
Grass is greener? Jeep has had many years to come up with better engine options and never did. It’s nice when a car manufacturer really puts in the effort to listen to the consumer.
What's wrong with the V6 pentastar? We've seen jeeps with the V6 do pretty much every single trail in the U.S. with little trouble. power plant is currently not a drawback for the JL. Bigger tires, lift, etc... is what makes the Jeep more capable. You get a more powerful engine on a sport and you won't increase its capabilities at all. Not to mention the V6 is a very reliable engine.

On top of that you have 4cyl turbo option if you want something more modern and with a bit more torque. You also can choose a Diesel, and even an electric option to be released next year.

If anything, Jeep needs to add a rear locker option for all trims, as lockers are becoming a standard option and not something "Rubicon only". Then maybe increase towing capabilities, 35s on Rubi stock with better MPG to match Sasquatch package, etc... But honestly not a big deal.

Toycrusher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
V6, turbo 4, diesel, 392 v8? I'm not sure Jeep loses on powertrain options.
A 7 speed 2.7 would sway me over, but not looking too good on that just yet

Bruce Willys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Willys, 2021 Wrangler Unlimited High Altitude
Grass is always greener.
My grass is greener than my neighbor's because I take the minimal time and effort to take care of my lawn.

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
Except they did just that...

The 3.6 is far better than any of the many engines it replaced across all of FCA.
The 2.0 returns some pretty good mileage even in a Rubicon.
The 3.0 is perfect for Diesel Enthusiasts
The 4Xe has some outstanding power and torque numbers
The 6.4 Hemi.... enough said.

The 2.7 EcoBoost is pretty meh unless you have the pedal to the floor... otherwise it's got no oomph to move the F-150 on 32s here at the shop. Maybe the 4.70s will help with that....
The 3.5 EcoBoost is far far superior.

Now don't get me wrong, there are some things I like about the upcoming Bronco. The locking rear diff as an option on every trim is a good idea. The Sasquatch package available on every trim is a good idea. The frameless doors coming standard is a good idea.

Just why couldn't they have the 3.5?
Sponsored