Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR firecracker red
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Aerospace Industrial Engineering Technician
The post was a year old so I'm creating a new one as I doubt those people will see my question.

My husband didn't disconnect the front locker harness yesterday installing the lift kit. In his defense the instructions didn't mention it.

The wires broke off flush with the plug, so the pin reset fix there didn't help. We need a new harness, and every single one I find online is a 2 wire harness. Ours is a 4 wire, so now I'm gun shy about any so called OEM parts. But, can anyone help with the legit part #? I don't want to spend $80-$90 on this thing and it be the wrong part.
Sponsored

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
The two wire one is for when you want to run the lockers independent of the factory controls, ie hooking them to an aux switch so you can use them whenever you want. For the 4 wire, check junk yards if the dealers cannot get the correct wiring harness.

Brett

alphalife9

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Z51 C6, Sting Gray JLUR
The post was a year old so I'm creating a new one as I doubt those people will see my question.

My husband didn't disconnect the front locker harness yesterday installing the lift kit. In his defense the instructions didn't mention it.

The wires broke off flush with the plug, so the pin reset fix there didn't help. We need a new harness, and every single one I find online is a 2 wire harness. Ours is a 4 wire, so now I'm gun shy about any so called OEM parts. But, can anyone help with the legit part #? I don't want to spend $80-$90 on this thing and it be the wrong part.
@Ejpanints, did you evevr find resolution to this? I'm on the same boat. I've been researching and only come up with the two wire option.

If I can't find a four wire OEM style replacement option to splice or replace the entire harness, a two wire unit and a connector repair kit to add the metal pins and additional 2 wires would do the trick.

I rather just buy something and plug and play though.
Sponsored