Billet Silver - Gone

BubbaCon

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Just tried to order a Billet Silver and was told that was no longer an option and had to choose a second color.

Wonder what it will be replaced with
Sponsored

desmo2

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'97 TJ '97-'11. '21 billet silver JLR
I am glad I got my order in! Then again...57 days and waiting...did I get it???

XJfanatic

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU, 2020 JT, 1990 Mustang
Build Thread
Link
Odd. Silver is such a staple color for cars. There will be another silver shade eventually. I like mine.

Sponsored

jparty1

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JGC
Just tried to order a Billet Silver and was told that was no longer an option and had to choose a second color.

Wonder what it will be replaced with
I also have been looking for some insight on this - no one seems to know if it's permanently or temporarily gone until model year 2022. I've been told that the Billet announcement was on the same call with Gecko coming back; not sure if that's a coincidence, but it doesn't seem like green would replace silver in a color lineup.

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
Silver is the most mundane color. The safe, practical choice. And it’s the hardest color to see on the road as it blends well with pavement. Billet was the best of the silvers though. Maybe they will devise a new shade since it has traditionally been a good selling color.

Sponsored

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
Can't imagine it's gone for long. They need to have a silver and billet is a good one.

XJfanatic

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU, 2020 JT, 1990 Mustang
Build Thread
Link
Probably something like the 2002 WJ. They will change it just enough mid cycle to call it a new color. I had a bright silver the next shade was called something else. It was just enough of a pain to make touch up paint impossible to find

OP
OP
BubbaCon

BubbaCon

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Silver is the most mundane color. The safe, practical choice. And it’s the hardest color to see on the road as it blends well with pavement. Billet was the best of the silvers though. Maybe they will devise a new shade since it has traditionally been a good selling color.
Hard to see on the roads because mostly every car is either, silver, white, black or some shade variation of any of those

Jocko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hydro Blue 4xe Rubicon
FWIW Billet got locked out at the same time Gecko became available. Meanwhile 2 weeks later both my dealer and even JeepCares thought it was still available, but it was in fact already gone. It amazes me that these things aren’t even communicated internally. I ended up having to order my 4xe Rubicon in a different color.

So it looks like Gecko has taken over Billet’s spot on the production line. Who knows what will happen next. Jeep colors are impossible to predict.
Sponsored