ROAM

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.roamoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
MK2 ROAM JL Slimline Tire Carrier Rear Bumper:

We'll be offering a modular addon system to our existing JL Slimline Tire Carrier Rear Bumper (via the MK2 revision) to add on a bike carrier / bike rack to our existing tire carrier swing arm design. The bike carrier will no longer take up a hitch location but will also articulate (move) with the tire carrier and tailgate. No drilling, cutting, or welding required for installation. Currently designed with both 1UP and Kuat specific addon mounts/locations with more TBA ( 1UP bike carrier pictured ):

ROAM - JL Rear Bumper Tire Carrier - 2500x1080 0001.jpg

ROAM - JL Rear Bumper Tire Carrier - 3000x1400 0002.jpg

MK2 ROAM JL Slimline Tire Carrier Rear Bumper 001.png
MK2 ROAM JL Slimline Tire Carrier Rear Bumper 002.png
MK2 ROAM JL Slimline Tire Carrier Rear Bumper 003.png
MK2 ROAM JL Slimline Tire Carrier Rear Bumper 004.png
MK2 ROAM JL Slimline Tire Carrier Rear Bumper 005.png
MK2 ROAM JL Slimline Tire Carrier Rear Bumper 006.png
MK2 ROAM JL Slimline Tire Carrier Rear Bumper 007.png
MK2 ROAM JL Slimline Tire Carrier Rear Bumper 008.jpg
MK2 ROAM JL Slimline Tire Carrier Rear Bumper 009.png

MK2 ROAM JL Slimline Tire Carrier Rear Bumper feature request thread: https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...arrier-rear-bumper-prototype-factoring.30717/

Thanks!

Tara @ ROAM
Sponsored

IronScott

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara, 1992 Jeep YJ, 2002 Chevy Silverado
MK2 ROAM JL Slimline Tire Carrier Rear Bumper:

We'll be offering a modular addon system to our existing JL Slimline Tire Carrier Rear Bumper (via the MK2 revision) to add on a bike carrier / bike rack to our existing tire carrier swing arm design. The bike carrier will no longer take up a hitch location but will also articulate (move) with the tire carrier and tailgate. No drilling, cutting, or welding required for installation. Currently designed with both 1UP and Kuat specific addon mounts/locations with more TBA ( 1UP bike carrier pictured ):

MK2 ROAM JL Slimline Tire Carrier Rear Bumper feature request thread: https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...arrier-rear-bumper-prototype-factoring.30717/

Thanks!

Tara @ ROAM
That looks amazing! Any idea on timing, @ROAM?

Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubi
Hi Chris,

I'm brand new to this forum so I hope I'm using it correctly:) I just purchased a 2019 w/rear camera so my beautiful brand new Yakima spare tire rake will not work. Can you tell me the name of the model you have pictured here? Thank you.
@lsquared ... 1Up USA.

aml

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Blue JLUR
I ended up getting a second 1up rack as I wanted a single and I wanted it black. They have changed the design from the first one to how it locks to the hitch. I think it is perfect for my Jeep but I do have an issue with it on my truck and was wondering if anyone has a solution.

On the truck, there is a sleeve insert in the hitch, that prevents the quill on the 1up from securing the rack. I was hoping that the new lock design would allow me to secure it, but the lock isn’t wide enough. I am figuring it isn’t going to work.

I strapped it down in the back as I didn’t want to throw it over the tailgate and I didn’t want to purchase a pad but I wanted to see if anyone had any ideas.

DE592DE9-D029-4233-9CFE-4071CCCD2AA3.jpeg

9A1C303F-0E13-4DB1-B28E-E4B91FA37F75.png

Sponsored

Chris2183

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sport S (Sold) 2021 JLU Willys
Hi Chris,

I'm brand new to this forum so I hope I'm using it correctly:) I just purchased a 2019 w/rear camera so my beautiful brand new Yakima spare tire rake will not work. Can you tell me the name of the model you have pictured here? Thank you.

Its a 1Up USA Rack paired with a drop hitch

https://www.1up-usa.com/product/2in-heavy-duty-double-bike-rack/

https://www.amazon.com/Meyer-FHK45054-Receiver-Hitch-Extension/dp/B007448NC2

@aml A hitch extension might work.

desert runner

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR MetalCloak 2.5F/3.5R, LoD Bumper/Carrier.
Here is my bike carrier solution, built on the LOD Destroyer platform.

Even though LOD have not put out their new bike carrier yet, they were nice enough to custom build a single bike carrier for me. Basically it was a simple modification of the arms to their trail basket kit. All I added were the rubber bike mounts.
I like this setup because
  • I can open the tailgate with one hand - with the bike on!
  • The whole thing fits into my garage, so I don't have to take it on and off
  • If I take the front wheel of the bike off, my escape angle is not impacted, so can carry the bike into the outback
NeYPbdlqE5TckwcBqKAVf51YhqlezDnP-_33EdUy_6HiikaXY75_khPDt3TSzSqqqVBINaK8xDDygnyzZrP=w703-h937-no.jpg

F71iRP4wA6oTy3AxuLluRrIpLI7V_ZDMJDagDDpdip72V6wnwRvJSfR5CSmaZeAUqOuL9jEt_TAo_VP0AfC=w703-h937-no.jpg

DQ-kM4eoQ55aQMNAkx1gaaOVPOrwij6PLoCDBdR6tuQfl7-szF1YPxdIX4HSL8KzfVseHZavuuCfTvQ5x7t=w703-h937-no.jpg

JPSTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Moab Sting Grey, 2012 Sahara JKU (sold)
Here is my bike carrier solution, built on the LOD Destroyer platform.

Even though LOD have not put out their new bike carrier yet, they were nice enough to custom build a single bike carrier for me. Basically it was a simple modification of the arms to their trail basket kit. All I added were the rubber bike mounts.
I like this setup because
  • I can open the tailgate with one hand - with the bike on!
  • The whole thing fits into my garage, so I don't have to take it on and off
  • If I take the front wheel of the bike off, my escape angle is not impacted, so can carry the bike into the outback
NeYPbdlqE5TckwcBqKAVf51YhqlezDnP-_33EdUy_6HiikaXY75_khPDt3TSzSqqqVBINaK8xDDygnyzZrP=w703-h937-no.jpg

F71iRP4wA6oTy3AxuLluRrIpLI7V_ZDMJDagDDpdip72V6wnwRvJSfR5CSmaZeAUqOuL9jEt_TAo_VP0AfC=w703-h937-no.jpg

DQ-kM4eoQ55aQMNAkx1gaaOVPOrwij6PLoCDBdR6tuQfl7-szF1YPxdIX4HSL8KzfVseHZavuuCfTvQ5x7t=w703-h937-no.jpg
That’s a great idea do you have more pics? Can you share how / where it mounts to the tailgate/wheel hub? Thank you, enjoy Who did you speak with at LOD?

Sponsored

JPSTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Moab Sting Grey, 2012 Sahara JKU (sold)
That’s a great idea do you have more pics? Can you share how / where it mounts to the tailgate/wheel hub? Thank you, enjoy Who did you speak with at LOD?
Got it, I just googled your set up, not sure I want to add a new swing arm and bumper...still a great set up for you !!!

InvertedLogic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JTR
Are you happy with the Kuat Pivot? Any rattling or movement?
No rattling or movement at all. The thing is solid. I did throw a plate style hitch tightener on there that I had laying around to take up any up down play in the receiver. The threaded bolt takes care of the left/right play.

df007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara 2.0
I have a stock Sahara with 32” tires and the factory hitch. I went with a Kuat Sherpa and their hi/low 7” extension with 2-1/8” drop. This setup just clears the tire allowing the tailgate to open.

I like the ease of removal of this rack and how light it is. Downside is larger tires would introduce a clearance issue again

FD5D8CBC-CDBC-47AD-8A47-B7DC0DB0CA50.jpeg

82791453-A6D7-48D0-989F-CF47D2A0697E.jpeg

FF32CEE3-5959-4498-91FA-602BA6AF47FD.jpeg

Jmay225

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sport Unlimited JL
Hi All, Looking for help with an issue: I went to install my 1Up Rack and when I went to install my 1Up hitch extender into my hitch from Extreme Terrain, the second hole of the extender did not line up with my hitch's hole and I would have to use the first hole of the extender, causing the extender to stick out a bit from my hitch and definitely has a looser fit and wiggle room vs if it were fully inserted into my hitch. Is this safe to use with my rack? or would I need to find a better fitting extender for my hitch so that there is no movement between the two? Thanks!

Jmay225

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sport Unlimited JL
Very pleased with the 1Up Rack I got for my JLUS. Of note....

- Without a hitch extender this still fit my road bike with just my pedal (speedplay) fitting between the space in the rims. I did purchase a hitch extender (shown) and it allows the the gears to be spun while on the rack (convenient for quick maintenance work before a ride.).

- When the rack is folded down you can open the back hatch enough to access but cannot completely open the hatch due to tire interference.

- This rack is solid but way lighter than I thought. A clean setup all around.

IMG_1743.JPG
IMG_0662.JPG
IMG_7601.JPG
IMG_3158.JPG
IMG_9883.JPG
IMG_7725.JPG
IMG_7789.jpg
IMG_7790.jpg
IMG_7791.jpg
IMG_7793.jpg
what hitch extender is that? And does it fit snug? My extender from 1up is very loose In my hitch
Sponsored