First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Willys, 2019 Cherokee Limited
Occupation
Structural Engineer
this price increase shouldn’t apply to to a JL that’s ordered for us and in the process of being built, right?
thats what im wondering. if you order now and when it arrives they say, oh, the price has gone up. you dont officially make the transaction until the vehicle is ready to be delivered to the customer right? either party can still back out.
No, part of placing your order and putting a deposit down is to lock in a price as well. My salesman told me if I did not place my order Friday, I would be subject to price increase, so I sent him the deposit and ordered that day.

If you did not put a deposit down, it could be harder. If they try to make you pay the price increase (like they did when I ordered my JKU) argue it. I told them I knew Chrysler honored the price at order, and they shut right up!

ShawnaTally

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JLR Tuscadero, '21 JLR Hydro Blue
I heard on a separate group that the increase was going to be 7%. Ouch! I put my order in about 3 weeks ago, last the dealer said, it's getting accessorized. I'm feeling pretty good about my (coincidental) timing! 😄

Gladius Nova

First Name
Gladius
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL
thats what im wondering. if you order now and when it arrives they say, oh, the price has gone up. you dont officially make the transaction until the vehicle is ready to be delivered to the customer right? either party can still back out.
If you placed a deposit and agreed (and signed) on an OTD/purchase price, that should lock you into that price.

On another post about the price increase, a member stated he did all of the above, but the sales guy held off on placing the order (for whatever reason) and he got stuck potentially paying the price increase. I would be questioning that tactic.

TXRubicon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Firecracker Red JLUR, '23 Porsche Cayman GTS
That's not how that works. POCs (Priced Order Confirmations) explicitly state that prices are subject to change. Prices aren't set until a Monroney label/invoice for the car is generated during the build.

" The prices and equipment shown on this priced order confirmation are tentative and subject to change or correction without prior notice. No claims against the content listed or prices quoted will be accepted. Refer to the vehicle invoice for final vehicle content and pricing. "

If you placed a deposit and agreed (and signed) on an OTD/purchase price, that should lock you into that price.

On another post about the price increase, a member stated he did all of the above, but the sales guy held off on placing the order (for whatever reason) and he got stuck potentially paying the price increase. I would be questioning that tactic.

Last edited:

Sponsored

den_jku

First Name
DS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
That's not how that works. POCs (Priced Order Confirmations) explicitly state that prices are subject to change. Prices aren't set until a Monroney label/invoice for the car is generated during the build. POCs explicitly state -

" The prices and equipment shown on this priced order confirmation are tentative and subject to change or correction without prior notice. No claims against the content listed or prices quoted will be accepted. Refer to the vehicle invoice for final vehicle content and pricing. "
Interesting, so the Prices will be based on what the Price is on the order guide at the time of delivery?

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon, 2018 Wrangler Sahara JL, Tesla S
Build Thread
Link
No, part of placing your order and putting a deposit down is to lock in a price as well. My salesman told me if I did not place my order Friday, I would be subject to price increase, so I sent him the deposit and ordered that day.

If you did not put a deposit down, it could be harder. If they try to make you pay the price increase (like they did when I ordered my JKU) argue it. I told them I knew Chrysler honored the price at order, and they shut right up!

That is false in the FCA order documentation there is a clause #2 in fact that says they have the right to change the price at any time during the production process, however it also say you would be entitled to a full refund if you decided to decline the new price. Some folks that ordered over the weekend are learning today they have to pay the increase if they want their ordered Wranglers even though they on paper ordered before the increase.

Hogdreamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Cherokee, 2021 Sahara Altitude
I'm now really glad I didn't wait to get a 2022 Wrangler. It crossed my mind a few times.

The dealership where I bought my Jeep usually has a discounted price on their website that anyone off the street can get. Basically their "dealer discount". Can be $2000 to $4000 and change depending on model.

Now the Sale Price stated is exactly what the sticker says. Apparently MSRP is what the cost would be and I'm not sure if one can negotiate a better price.. Plus the stock they have on hand now is LOW.

Sponsored

C0mm0n773

First Name
Enrique
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Oscar Mike Edition
After reading this thread I can also verify that there’s a BIG ASS trade in value your jeep is getting lol. I went ahead and tried to see what I would get for my Freedom Edition JLU and honestly I’m getting 41,500 from Vroom and 39,000 from Carmax. I’m honestly thinking about trading it in.

Gladius Nova

First Name
Gladius
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL
That is false in the FCA order documentation there is a clause #2 in fact that says they have the right to change the price at any time during the production process, however it also say you would be entitled to a full refund if you decided to decline the new price. Some folks that ordered over the weekend are learning today they have to pay the increase if they want their ordered Wranglers even though they on paper ordered before the increase.
Hmm....ok. Well, if me and my salesman signed an "agreement" for an OTD price on an order and a deposit was given, I would expect for the dealership/Chrysler/Jeep or whoever is "in charge" would honor it. If not, please return deposit and out the door I go. And I realize that they will get two more paying customers with the loss of one. I have my own grounds to stand on, but I am not naive to situations like that.

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon, 2018 Wrangler Sahara JL, Tesla S
Build Thread
Link
Hmm....ok. Well, if me and my salesman signed an "agreement" for an OTD price on an order and a deposit was given, I would expect for the dealership/Chrysler/Jeep or whoever is "in charge" would honor it. If not, please return deposit and out the door I go. And I realize that they will get two more paying customers with the loss of one. I have my own grounds to stand on, but I am not naive to situations like that.
Here is the official disclosure:

"2. Manufacturer has reserved the right to change the price to Dealer of new motor vehicles without notice. In the event the price to Dealer of new motor vehicles of the series and body type ordered hereunder is changed by Manufacturer prior to delivery of the new motor vehicle ordered hereunder to Purchaser, Dealer reserves the right to change the cash delivered price of such motor vehicle to Purchaser accordingly. If such cash delivered price is increased by Dealer, Purchaser may, if dissatisfied therewith, cancel this Order…”

dgoodhue

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 80th JLU
Some dealers will eat the price increase when it is couple hundred price increase, but with the increase being $2000 (I saw in another thread the invoice price increase was over 2200), the dealer itself would likely be losing hundreds of dollars on sale if you are getting one of the better 7-8% below invoice prices. You are also not going to get that same prior deal unless it was already built at the lower pricing and sitting on a dealers lot.

Spaffy

First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JL 2Dr Willys, '16 Ram 2500, '69 Dodge Polara
I know everyone is upset with the possibility of paying more for an order. I would be too. I have to look at things from all angles though....

If I was a dealer and in the order agreement for the Jeep clearly states if corporate raises the prices they need to pass that though to the customer. Remember the dealer pays Jeep for every Jeep they buy prior to selling it to you.

I'm not sure my dealer made anywhere close to two grand on my stripped Jeep sale. Should they have to take a loss on the sale? I certainly don't think so!

Remember if you want businesses to have good business practices and be reasonable, you too have to be a reasonable customer.

It sounds like a hard line in the sand was drawn by corporate and the dealer needs to pay more for all Jeeps ordered after X time on Y day. Thats out of the dealer's control.

I will say; if anyone complaining signed a complete purchase agreement for an assigned VIN and paid IN FULL at the time of ORDER, or got financing and a financing company paid the dealer IN FULL at the time or ORDER. Then the dealer would have to eat the price change....

Im not a car salesman.... but I have worked in service.... remember not to shoot the messenger!
Sponsored

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.