Sponsored

PRICE

wanderer

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlu rubicon. Surfboard. Bare feet, moose drawn air sled, Interstellar time warp space transport fighter
Occupation
Engineering Geologist
Now that we have seen some of the options I would like to know what are your best guesses on cost. for the different vehicles?

1 my favorite: 4 dr rubicon auto, leather 7or 8 inch screen
2 4 dr rubicon Baselevel trim on the rubi
3 4 dr sahara leather
4. other models

My BIG WORRY is that the 4 dr rubicon with leather will be way over 50 K which would likely force me to buy a chevy Colorado ZR2 Nice but not what I want and not optimal for what I need
Sponsored

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
I had a big debate going on this on the Scrambler Forum:

http://www.jeepscramblerforum.com/forum/threads/anyone-concerned-about-costs.1343/

Your option one will probably be high 40s and near 50 if your waiting on the diesel. There just is simply no way its going to be cheaper then the current 2017 JKU so if you build a 2017 on Jeeps website and tac on $2500 for the base price increase and $6k for a diesel (if you want one) that should give you an idea.

TLife

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKU WW
JKU Rubicon with auto, leather and 430N has an MSRP of $42,485. It would take an increase of ~18% to break $50k even on MSRP, which even with high demand the worst anyone should do it 1% under invoice with the tread lightly discount. If all you really want is those options and it to be under $50k, I say you're pretty safe.

WaltA

First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Wrangler Rubicon X, 2003 Mustang GT, 2003 MINI Cooper
I would say, little-to-no Tread Lightly discount, nor similar FCA supplier/vendor discounts.

Dealers will demand full sticker. Koons might even forgo their under invoice pricing.

If you want a discount this winter, they will gladly point you over to their lot filled with dusty JK's. :surprised:

digitalbliss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1979 CJ7
I would say, little-to-no Tread Lightly discount, nor similar FCA supplier/vendor discounts.

Dealers will demand full sticker. Koons might even forgo their under invoice pricing.

If you want a discount this winter, they will gladly point you over to their lot filled with dusty JK's. :surprised:
The tread lightly discount is basically the same as an employee discount. I'm not sure that its up to the dealer as this is an FCA program, not a dealer specific thing.

Sponsored

TLife

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKU WW
The tread lightly discount is basically the same as an employee discount. I'm not sure that its up to the dealer as this is an FCA program, not a dealer specific thing.
I also thought this was how it worked. I remember reading about people using "FCA Affiliate Rewards Program Preferred Price" when buying their Red Rock and if it's allowed on that certainly it will be allowed on a JL.

OP
OP
wanderer

wanderer

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlu rubicon. Surfboard. Bare feet, moose drawn air sled, Interstellar time warp space transport fighter
Occupation
Engineering Geologist
I already opted for the tread lightly membership with is in mind. Really hoping that they will honor this pricing. Noway am I paying sticker or over sticker.

digitalbliss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1979 CJ7
I already opted for the tread lightly membership with is in mind. Really hoping that they will honor this pricing. Noway am I paying sticker or over sticker.
I wouldnt worry about it. A Jeep isnt some limited edition special vehicle like a hell cat or demon or something like that. I know the JL is a new model, but i dont think FCA would use that as grounds to deny the membership discount.

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU AspenX 5spd , 2015 JK Sport 6spd
If you must buy early, and can't wait for discounts, then you might as well build your own to remove all the added stuff you don't need to keep you price low, or else you're going to get a bunch if bling you don't want/need that will raise the price. Make sure your dealer knows how to add just items, and not the bundled packages, and how to bend the 'limitations' of the ordering system.

jeppesen.io

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Miata, WR250R, JLU Rubicon
If you must buy early, and can't wait for discounts, then you might as well build your own to remove all the added stuff you don't need to keep you price low, or else you're going to get a bunch if bling you don't want/need that will raise the price. Make sure your dealer knows how to add just items, and not the bundled packages, and how to bend the 'limitations' of the ordering system.
How would one go about doing that? Is the Jeep Wrangler build system on Jeep.com an accurate way to do this?

Sponsored

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU AspenX 5spd , 2015 JK Sport 6spd
How would one go about doing that? Is the Jeep Wrangler build system on Jeep.com an accurate way to do this?
No, Jeep.com usually won't eve have the new Wranglers appear until weeks after the order banks open (especially if the official launch is at LA in December, and the Order banks open & Production starts in November).

You really need a relationship with your dealer, especially if you're ordering something that might impact their ability to sell it if you back-out, but if your configuration isn't 'too unique' then a dealer would be more comfortable in their ability to sell should things fall through. Deposit also helps re-assure the dealer, but is no guarantee, as IIRC deposit is money back guarantee by law (dunno US/state law, but remember that type of discussion on previous order/waiting room threads).

Another thing to remember is that it's going to be very crowded as soon as the order banks open, this may affect dealers' desire and/or ability to facilitate discounts early on.

nowandthen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKUR, 1989 Toyota standard cab pickup
Exactly! And you should be able to deal on an ordered vehicle. It's not inventory off their lot (which they do want to move for various reasons) but ordering it the way you want it and taking immediate delivery when it arrives means minimal cost to the dealer. If dealer A doesn't deal, go to dealer B and C etc if you have to. Don't be worried that you have to buy from your local dealer in order to get warranty service. EVERY Jeep dealer must honor warranty. Just because you don't pay, Jeep does reimburse the dealer for warranty work. It's money in their pocket to have vehicles in their service department.

And don't deal on monthly payment. They just stretch out the payment period. Deal on price of vehicle. After which, talk about their financing options. You should already know what your bank or credit union offers. And do not mix in a trade in. When they mix all two or three in the negotiation, they have you right where they want you. 1. Deal on price of vehicle. 2. Then talk financing (don't let finance department add on extras). 3. Then if you have a trade in, let them know and see what they offer. Most likely you will get more selling it yourself, but sometimes, for convenience, selling it to the dealer for a lower price is worth not having to hassle with selling it yourself.

Costco has good prices (should you be a member), and you don't have to deal, no pressure. A year or so ago I read that Costco was one of the largest sellers of vehicles. http://fortune.com/2016/10/06/costco-cars-membership-program/

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
I have a feeling the demand is going to keep me from ordering one the first year. The dealership I purchased my last 3 JK's from has given me 2% under invoice without any hassle, negotiations, or incentives. If I can't get that on the JL, I will be waiting until the 2019's come out(Going to be a painful wait, b/c I sold my 2016 over six months ago and already have to force myself not to look at used JK's)

I am also a little concerned about the MSRP of the Rubicon models. Currently they are not much more than a Sahara, but I have a feeling(Hope I'm wrong) that they are going to make it more of a "specialty" vehicle.
Sponsored