vlade31

First Name
Yasir
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Hey guys,

Sorry if these types of posts are annoying but I'm wanted to get a price check. Yesterday, I was trying to trade in my 2013 Ford 150 for a unlimited Rubicon manual transmission with LED lights, hardtop, upgraded sound system. I got them down to 41,825, MSRP 45,900. How does that sound?
I had to walk away from the deal because I felt like they were screwing me on trade. KBB is 26,500 and the max they were offering me was 24,078. My truck is in excellent condition, 52k miles CPO, 6 month old 33 inch BFG ko2 on it.
Sponsored

Gregodav

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 2014, Solstice 2007, 1993 GMC Pick-up
Occupation
I. T. Director and Video Director
Hey guys,

Sorry if these types of posts are annoying but I'm wanted to get a price check. Yesterday, I was trying to trade in my 2013 Ford 150 for a unlimited Rubicon manual transmission with LED lights, hardtop, upgraded sound system. I got them down to 41,825, MSRP 45,900. How does that sound?
I had to walk away from the deal because I felt like they were screwing me on trade. KBB is 26,500 and the max they were offering me was 24,078. My truck is in excellent condition, 52k miles CPO, 6 month old 33 inch BFG ko2 on it.
A great deal is 6% below INVOICE. A good deal 4% under invoice. Some of us have to drive or fly a lot of miles to get that type of pricing.
Do a little research on this forum. Search "Houston" and "6". I found dealers in Houston offering 6% below invoice in about 60 seconds.

OP
OP
vlade31

vlade31

First Name
Yasir
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
A great deal is 6% below INVOICE. A good deal 4% under invoice. Some of us have to drive or fly a lot of miles to get that type of pricing.
Do a little research on this forum. Search "Houston" and "6". I found dealers in Houston offering 6% below invoice in about 60 seconds.
Thanks

BlairF

First Name
Blair
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS-S Mojito! - 2014 Challenger RT Classic (SuperCharged) - 2016 Dodge Durango RT
Occupation
Technology Incident Management
Vehicle Showcase
Which dealership, So far the best i have TALKED to are Helfman and River Oaks... (River Oaks will come out the door @ 4% below invoice)

OP
OP
vlade31

vlade31

First Name
Yasir
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Which dealership, So far the best i have TALKED to are Helfman and River Oaks... (River Oaks will come out the door @ 4% below invoice)
This was AutoNation in spring. Manual rubicons with not a ton of options are hard to find. I guess I should be more patient and order but then I don't know how the trade in will work.

I was originally going to wait for the 2019 models so some of the bugs could get worked out, but after driving the manual Rubicon yesterday, it's going to be hard to wait.

Sponsored

BlairF

First Name
Blair
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS-S Mojito! - 2014 Challenger RT Classic (SuperCharged) - 2016 Dodge Durango RT
Occupation
Technology Incident Management
Vehicle Showcase
Erik Kluna is the guy to talk to there, Bought a few cars from him... But they weren't as competitive on pricing. Also, Covert Jeep in Austin, Will Harrel, REAL quick to get back to me with a quote. at least we have plenty of options.

VolCntry73

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2-Door Rubicon JL, 2018 Accord, 2008 Accord, 2007 CRV, 2000 Dodge Dakota
Hey guys,

I would walk away from that deal. That said, yes....6% under invoice (11-12% under MSRP) is out there (assuming you are a member of Tread Lightly), 5% if you are not. Just know, you have to be a member for 30 days to get the 1% discount. However, that is typically on ordered vehicles. For purchasing off the lot, you may not be able to get that kind of deal easily. But to be honest, it really depends on the area too. I'm not familiar with how they are moving in Texas, but NONE of my local dealers in East Tennessee wanted to even get near invoice. Don't be afraid to travel. People get worried that buying out of town will put them in a bad spot if warranty work has to be done, but in reality, most dealers don't really care. They make money off of warranty work too, so they would welcome the business. Take a look at this thread for some dealers offering premium pricing in areas that you would be willing to go to.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/recommended-dealers-list.1227/page-50
Sponsored