Sponsored

Best tailgate table?

zouch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ, JLUWD
Gregs Customer pre-sale Service went non-existent when i asked about blocking the air vents; there was one weak failed attempt to justify that there was still "enough" venting and no responses after my comparing the amount of original venting area compared to what was left after the install of the table. pity, because it's pretty stuff.

i spend too much time in too many different environments (from humid coastal to Mojave and Sonora Dez dry) to consider using anything that compromises the Environmental controls.

Another vote for the Outback Adventure Table.

1620923032172.png

Added the magnet strip for knives and whatever else needs to be held but love the table. Greg's customer service is awesome.
Sponsored

Organic Gasoline

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
+1 for Outback Adventure. It's sturdy, quiet, easy to clean and the lower pullout nearly doubles your work space. I recently had to replace my JL and therefore my accessories moved to the new vehicle. Pulling the plastic blind nuts out was difficult and I messed many of them up. I contacted Outback and they mailed me a new set of hardware. Great product and customer service.

JL Tailgater.jpg
Where did you get that rack on the spare tire? I need that!

HeavyMetalFox

First Name
Chic-ette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Recon Edition
Occupation
RMT
Rock slide with double shelf comes with a higher price. Fits tight when closed.
I went with this one also so that I can put a propane grill on the bottom shelf and still have a shelf up top for supplies.

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
Gregs Customer pre-sale Service went non-existent when i asked about blocking the air vents; there was one weak failed attempt to justify that there was still "enough" venting and no responses after my comparing the amount of original venting area compared to what was left after the install of the table. pity, because it's pretty stuff.

i spend too much time in too many different environments (from humid coastal to Mojave and Sonora Dez dry) to consider using anything that compromises the Environmental controls.
Air isn't like water in it's fluidity. It flows quite well with the four large holes you see in the picture of mine you posted.

Many slammed doors later, I have yet to experience any pops to the eardrums or notice any odd body oder buildup in the cab. The environmental controls are quite good, and I love having a built in table for whenever the need arises.

Ogormanste

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU 2.2 diesel Rubicon
Looking to get a tailgate table. I want one that will not rattle or make noise when stored up and not in use. Mopar ised to be the only game in town when the JL first came out years ago. Are there better designed ones than the factory JEEP one now? Any suggestions for other brands? Pros and cons?

Top priorities are rattle free and thinner profile when stored because I have a 2-door. Trunk space is limited as it is.
Front runner , no rattles , solid , no contest .

Sponsored

zouch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ, JLUWD
i'm glad you're OK with it, but i'm not comfortable with airflow limited to a tiny fraction of the venting provided by the Factory design.

thankfully, there are several other tables available that don't create this same problem.

Air isn't like water in it's fluidity. It flows quite well with the four large holes you see in the picture of mine you posted.

Many slammed doors later, I have yet to experience any pops to the eardrums or notice any odd body oder buildup in the cab. The environmental controls are quite good, and I love having a built in table for whenever the need arises.

Hard Rock Jeep

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKUR HR, 2022 JLUR 2.0, 2022 JLUR Diesel
It definitely has the most surface area with the two tiers. It is very tempting at it's price point too. My oniy concern would be rattling from all he extra panels that fold up. Any issues?
I don’t own this but was interested and read the reviews. Many said it rattled. So I called Rock Slide Engineering and essentially said you are getting bad reviews. You have engineering in your name. Surely you can figure out how to fix this. They said it was already done. No rattles. I have not read thru all of this thread but it seems the comments so far confirm they have fixed it. Comments from recent (2021) purchasers?

RubiSc0tt

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR in Punk'n Orange
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Turn Wrenches/ Write code
I love my @Springtail Solutions table. No rattles, nice solid place to mount Molle bags and my 4 way lug.
Also got the @Springtail tailgate table. Assembled one day, then installed another. I spent about 2 hours each day (mostly because I was working slow, looking for tools, screwed a couple things up and had to go back and redo them, and also watching the baby monitor to make sure I went to get my son when he woke up from his nap).

A few thoughts:
-Strong and quiet so far. First impression: Definite win
-Fit and finish is top notch. Works and looks great
-Bags are finally secure as this bolts directly to the tailgate where the “Trail Rail” system would bolt. the rattling plastic has stopped. Tailgate seems a bit more rigid when closing too, but that might be my imagination.
-Watch their YouTube assembly/ install vid.
-Assemble it first, then put it on the Jeep.
-If your Jeep is trail rail ready, just drill out
the two cylinders on the back of the top panel. That’s where they go. Don’t screw it up like me because you’re using one hand to draw and the other to hold the table.
-Don’t put MOLLE bags on the plastic. They’re a pain in the ass To get back out.
-MOLLE bags are a pain in the ass to install onto the racks because MOLLE bags are a pain in the ass
-Seriously, watch their YouTube vid. It’s 15 mins and if you have your act together (unlike me) it should only take you roughly that.

Placement of the holes and spacers. I might get a new "Jeep" panel because even though you can't see this, it bugged the hell out of me.
4C74CB0C-D7E4-4211-BDB1-40A204BF91A1.jpeg

Open. Still need to adjust the Paracord cables, but the parking spots and driveways are all on a slight incline/decline.
AFDE141C-4FD9-4A01-B794-BDED4B06AA0E.jpeg

Closed. Latches have just enough tension on them to keep them closed,
073AA7D7-365D-46E8-9EAA-E243F6561445.jpeg

Geared up. The MOLLE bags from the previous post installed, and my 4 way lug wrench. Using a Bungee ball wrap to keep that secure and in place. I may change it up though. I checked, and it doesn't impede into the cargo area any more than the bump out in the tailgate for the lock/ latch.
D301C79C-C737-43B6-AA55-62F0BECC4692.jpeg

Open. Gear can still be accessed on the bottom even when the table is down. 4 way lug doesn't interfere with anything in this configuration. I feel better now it's no longer just jammed under my driver seat, and it's at least somewhat secured.
DF51EF7D-169C-41FB-9A2D-F7843D2DEE77.jpeg

Shoutout to Doc at Springtail! Excellent product. Highly recommend for functionality.
I've used it a bunch of times with my kids and also on the trail. it's fantastic.

JimmyZ

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2-Door JL Snazzberry Rubicon
Looking to get a tailgate table. I want one that will not rattle or make noise when stored up and not in use. Mopar ised to be the only game in town when the JL first came out years ago. Are there better designed ones than the factory JEEP one now? Any suggestions for other brands? Pros and cons?

Top priorities are rattle free and thinner profile when stored because I have a 2-door. Trunk space is limited as it is.
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...-trunk-ez-tailgate-table-and-ez-window.72394/

This has your name all over it 😉

Sponsored

Bigbslc

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 rubicon ecodiesel
I just installed the outback table and love it. I quickly came up with a option for the three holes and thought I would share.

20210529_171513.jpg

20210529_172254.jpg

Rockstar08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
Outback adventures is the table to get if you only want a table w/ cutting board. While I haven’t seen one in person, my experience with American Adventure Lab would make me assume theirs is pretty sweet too.

If you want the bees knees Expedition Essentials makes one, ExoTable, that has a cutting board, upper shelf and stores a Cook Partner stove. They’ve added features and little pads here and there to stop any rattling.
Jeep Wrangler JL Best tailgate table? 20210529_172254

Wow that EXO table and stove is super nice, expensive but hey when my AMC stock short squeeze comes in this will definitely be what I am buying!!

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
I just installed the outback table and love it. I quickly came up with a option for the three holes and thought I would share.

At one time Doug from Outback Adventures had plans for those holes but has yet to release anything, I just got some large washers and bolts to cover mine but I like your idea better as it has some function

Jeep Wrangler JL Best tailgate table? A73E60ED-C6D0-4258-8A7B-93459202854A

Black Jeep Convertible

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Sport S 2.0T eTorque
Occupation
Amazon Influencer 😂
Definitely not the most expensive, probably the cheapest($65), but it's the best for me, because of how much crap it can hold this entire time without squeaking or breaking. https://amzn.to/3i4sEQ5
Jeep Wrangler JL Best tailgate table? 1622412702032
Jeep Wrangler JL Best tailgate table? 569540f6-06a9-4003-bfd9-c81f3d1da75d.__SX1320_SCLZZZZZZZ_
Sponsored