Sponsored

Best tailgate table?

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Looking to get a tailgate table. I want one that will not rattle or make noise when stored up and not in use. Mopar ised to be the only game in town when the JL first came out years ago. Are there better designed ones than the factory JEEP one now? Any suggestions for other brands? Pros and cons?

Top priorities are rattle free and thinner profile when stored because I have a 2-door. Trunk space is limited as it is.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Ohio Hiker

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUS Billet Silver
Occupation
Computer nerd / Retired US Air Force

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Spearmin

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Get the FrontRunner... Do yourself a favor here and reap the the research that I have already done on this subject at nauseum. I have had the front runner for about 9 months and the thing has been absolutely solid. No rattle and it has rubber adjustment stops/dampers, incase it does start to rattle you can adjust the rattle out. I love the thing, it has been especially useful in the pandemic, when you just don't want to go inside this or that restaurant. One thing that is never mentioned, is the weight that these things put on your tailgate hinges (especially if you already have a 35'" mounted as a spare). Yeah you can buy this or that one with but the bells and whistles, however they all come with a weight cost. The front runner is light enough to take most of the worry out of hinge load concerns. Its also has a low enough profile to not eat up 3 or 4 inches of trunk space when the gate is closed (Protrusion: is definitely something to be aware of). I think I paid $160ish for it, but the build quality and functionality of it makes it worth much more. I actually think the Frontrunner is way under priced.

https://www.frontrunneroutfitters.com/en/us/drop-down-tailgate-table.html

Well its listed for $239, but could have sworn I paid $160-somthing.

Sponsored

Spearmin

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Get the FrontRunner... Do yourself a favor here and reap the the research that I have already done on this subject at nauseum. I have had the front runner for about 9 months and the thing has been absolutely solid. No rattle and it has rubber adjustment stops/dampers, incase it does start to rattle you can adjust the rattle out. I love the thing, it has been especially useful in the pandemic, when you just don't want to go inside this or that restaurant. One thing that is never mentioned, is the weight that these things put on your tailgate hinges (especially if you already have a 35'" mounted as a spare). Yeah you can buy this or that one with but the bells and whistles, however they all come with a weight cost. The front runner is light enough to take most of the worry out of hinge load concerns. Its also has a low enough profile to not eat up 3 or 4 inches of trunk space when the gate is closed (Protrusion: is definitely something to be aware of). I think I paid $160ish for it, but the build quality and functionality of it makes it worth much more. I actually think the Frontrunner is way under priced.

https://www.frontrunneroutfitters.com/en/us/drop-down-tailgate-table.html

Well its listed for $239, but could have sworn I paid $160-somthing.
Actually I did pay $160. I guess Frontrunner outfitters realized they were robbing themselves.

Screenshot_20210512-093056.png

Reinen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
I 2nd the Rockslide table. It's huge and easily folds down to 1" thick. No rattling except a little when you close the gate sometimes. You can fit a Weber Q series grill on it and the top shelf acts as a heat shield for the spare. Only downside are those silly stars on it, but the functionality made me forget about that.

longlivethemanual

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR 3.6L 6MT
+1 for Outback Adventure. It's sturdy, quiet, easy to clean and the lower pullout nearly doubles your work space. I recently had to replace my JL and therefore my accessories moved to the new vehicle. Pulling the plastic blind nuts out was difficult and I messed many of them up. I contacted Outback and they mailed me a new set of hardware. Great product and customer service.

JL Tailgater.jpg

Sponsored

Gunfighter

First Name
P.J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler High Altitude
Occupation
Trying not to get warning points
Vehicle Showcase

MrGneissGuy

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport
I went with the table from Rough Country. Pretty much the same as the Mopar table, aside from the RC logo in the top left corner. I don't even notice it. Can't go wrong for the price. The table is solid and 100% quiet. Install took no more than 15 minutes.

https://www.roughcountry.com/jeep-jl-jlu-rear-tailgate-table-10625.html
'
Yup - this is what I have - it's tight and doesn't rattle when locked in.
Me too. No rattle at all.

Quinn99

First Name
Quinn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Sahara, Chief Blue
Rock Slide. Just installed and have heard no rattle and I drive a gravel rutted road daily.
Jeep Wrangler JL Best tailgate table? IMG_2709
Same here. I just installed this and couldn’t be happier. No rattle while driving, although you do hear it if you really slam the tailgate shut. It is substantially larger when open than other options I’ve seen.