Beadlocks

cmcclintock

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
Just bought these today from my local shop. Although I am still considering beadlocks, I think I’m going to wait a couple of months. Want to see what I really really like during my time at Jeep Beach. I’m sure there will be plenty to see over there. For now, I will be mounting my black rhinos on my 39 KM3s with the apex valves.
I want to get the Apex valves. However, thoughts on their customer service. I have e-mailed and left a voice mail , get voice mail earlier this week with no response back.

just want to confirm what size valve for the Mopar Beadlocks. I assume the standard and no the XL’s.. but want to make sure. Also, what if one breaks/goes bad... it would be nice to be able to connect with some from Apex in timely manner.
Sponsored

Cavs42

First Name
Owen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Unlimited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
My KM236 Tanks just showed up at my dealer, and my rubber should be here next week. Cant wait!

I was considering the Mopar true beadlocks, but the proud bolts were a big nope for me. The last thing I want to deal with is crushed bolt heads from arguments with rocks.

40”JLURD

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Unlimited Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Bad Mother Fucker
KMC Grenade crawl (on my rig) anything else is just fucking around and wasting money. Except maybe the hutchinsons but they are ugly AF IMHO.

These are gorgeous. Also I called KMC they can run up to 80 PSI - WHATTTTTT

That’s absolutely unheard of for a true beadlock. At least I don’t know of another capable of it. I’ve had Racelines (max 30 psi and known to break bead bolts like high school girls break hearts) and Trail Ready’s (also max 30 PSI, a great wheel but no where near as beefy as the KMC. I held a bead lock ring from one in each hand while switching and it was like comparing a 30 pound sledge to an claw hammer.)

SO KMC kicks the shit out of Hutchinson on looks, whoops TR on beefieness, and who wants to be maxed at 30 psi like almost every beadlock....?

Also the Grenade crawl weighs less than 34 pounds for the 17” version VS about 44 for a 17” Machete.

Jeep Wrangler JL Beadlocks CE0B9266-2424-495B-AC8A-E99668607172

OP
OP
jlroman2

jlroman2

First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sahara (Granite)
Occupation
BCBA
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

OP
OP
jlroman2

jlroman2

First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
BCBA
Vehicle Showcase
Bye 35s, hello 39s. I’ll be running this set up until I decide on what beadlocks I want to slap on.

A4F023AA-CAAB-49AC-946A-DD53D136639E.jpeg

F759F988-25A6-49C6-976F-F9EA99B1709C.jpeg

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Bye 35s, hello 39s. I’ll be running this set up until I decide on what beadlocks I want to slap on.

Jeep Wrangler JL Beadlocks F759F988-25A6-49C6-976F-F9EA99B1709C

Jeep Wrangler JL Beadlocks F759F988-25A6-49C6-976F-F9EA99B1709C
Looks awesome bro.......can you measure the actual height with level to the ground at ride height, I’m curious if it’s closer to advertised then nittos. My 37s are actually 35.75 at 30 psi. Thanks man.

Yondu_JLU

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sport S
Thanks everybody. I am aware of the risks but haven’t really come across somebody that would say to completely stay away from them due to a bad experience. I do want to get them to be able to get single digit PSI but also because, of course, they look hella good. Although it is my daily driver, I wouldn’t say I drive a lot. The only concern is that I do mostly city driving. Only visit the parks like 2 times per month. So I keep asking myself, is it really worth it? Yet again, these are my second set of wheels so was considering jumping on to the next level.

I was really considering the Dirty Life Dual Teks to get the best of both worlds but I keep getting mixed reviews on them. Also, the set that I wanted are on back order.

So this is where the thought of true beadlocks came into play. And now I’m juggling between KMCs or the Method 106s. Or to simply go with a light aluminum wheel. Btw I have 39” KM3s coming on the way
I've been happy with my Dirty Life DT-1's thus far. The Dual-tek feature is nice to have but I doubt I'll be using much of the true beadlock function for my purposes. That being said, if you want a beadlock wheel with an aggressive stance (comes in both -12 and -38) and less maintenance since you can mount it as a normal wheel, these are a great option.

WontonJLUR

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Looks awesome bro.......can you measure the actual height with level to the ground at ride height, I’m curious if it’s closer to advertised then nittos. My 37s are actually 35.75 at 30 psi. Thanks man.
My KM3s measure to 37.5" at about 28lbs.

Sponsored

OP
OP
jlroman2

jlroman2

First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
BCBA
Vehicle Showcase
It looks like mine are true 38s. Only one of the rears, I got 37.75 or so

Edit. This was at 35 lbs. so once I air down a bit, probably at 37.5-37.75

Armorlite Kail

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Kail
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon, JKU Rubicon, 64 C10, 61 Panhead
Occupation
Glorified Floor Salesman
I drive our demo vehicle all across the US with Method bead locks. Lots of highway speeds and trail driving. Never an issue, they are balanced fine with 37" Toyo Open Country Tires.

ExpeditionBuilds

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Recon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Photographer/ Content Creator

aeonixx1001

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JL
If you are serious as hell about real 4 wheeling and need to air your tires down to 6lbs. By all means. But if your using it as your daily driver, they are a major pain in the ass. Nothing like that 55 rumble that finally goes away at 70. Balancing is tough if they don't know what they are doing.

ExpeditionBuilds

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Recon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Photographer/ Content Creator
If you are serious as hell about real 4 wheeling and need to air your tires down to 6lbs. By all means. But if your using it as your daily driver, they are a major pain in the ass. Nothing like that 55 rumble that finally goes away at 70. Balancing is tough if they don't know what they are doing.
I'm not sure which beadlock/tire combo you are referencing that won't balance?

My Fuel Coverts/Nitto Ridge Grapplers balanced beautifully. I can roll down the interstate one finger on the wheel easy.

-Steven
Sponsored