First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
I normally drive with ESS button OFF.

i normally see above 14 all the time.

i drove about 1000 miles from Houston to Denver straight through (Stopping only for gas) in May. Before leaving I had the dealer check the craptastic ESS System/batteries and all was good. When I left, it was at 14.x. ...... When I arrived the voltage was at 12.5-ish. Within a Few days, it was back to 14.x

i recently took a drive to Ouray from Denver about 5.5 hours Spent 3 days on the trail driving another 8 hours per day. Then drove back to Denver. 12.5 -ish when I got back. And then within a couple of days back to 14.x-ish

i recently drove About 5 hours round trip without turning the Jeep off. When I checked again back home, it was 12.9.

is this normal? With a craptastic stock battery coupled with an equally craptastic ESS deployment, Who knows?
Sponsored

Jebiruph

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2019 KL, 2020 JT
I normally drive with ESS button OFF.

i normally see above 14 all the time.

i drove about 1000 miles from Houston to Denver straight through (Stopping only for gas) in May. Before leaving I had the dealer check the craptastic ESS System/batteries and all was good. When I left, it was at 14.x. ...... When I arrived the voltage was at 12.5-ish. Within a Few days, it was back to 14.x

i recently took a drive to Ouray from Denver about 5.5 hours Spent 3 days on the trail driving another 8 hours per day. Then drove back to Denver. 12.5 -ish when I got back. And then within a couple of days back to 14.x-ish

i recently drove About 5 hours round trip without turning the Jeep off. When I checked again back home, it was 12.9.

is this normal? With a craptastic stock battery coupled with an equally craptastic ESS deployment, Who knows?
I have been monitoring my voltage for over 2 years and what you describe here is exactly what I have been seeing. My voltage will sometimes get up to 14.7. Mine will still sit for weeks and start with no problem. I would say what you are seeing is normal.

RubiRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Mojave
Vehicle Showcase
I have been monitoring my voltage for over 2 years and what you describe here is exactly what I have been seeing. My voltage will sometimes get up to 14.7. Mine will still sit for weeks and start with no problem. I would say what you are seeing is normal.
perhaps that’s normal then. I fixed my non existent ESS with the new aux battery so everythings now at least functioning normally. AUX14 is the part number for the aux battery but with a little bit of modification you can seemingly, easily fit the slightly more CCA EXT14 in there instead. They’re usually cheaper too. Just have to trim the little bracket on the top plastic cover the battery sits in.

jeepdabest

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sahara
Sounds like one or both batteries are taking a dump

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
Out of curiosity what are the amp hour ratings on the stock main and ESS batteries..... I don’t have them anymore just trying to compare to what I had before going to a Genesis duel system

Sponsored

RubiRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Mojave
Vehicle Showcase
Out of curiosity what are the amp hour ratings on the stock main and ESS batteries..... I don’t have them anymore just trying to compare to what I had before going to a Genesis duel system
The only thing I remember off the top of my head is the AUX is 200CCA

Jehovasfitness

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR and '04 Z06
Read other posts. This has already been explained. It’s a defect. Quick fix by dealirship. They just need to change one cheap part. Hundreds of cars has this issue. It’s is an error message and it has nothing to do with short or long trips, or battery. Mine started to work fine by itself after 2 days, like nothing happened before. If it happens again I will take it to dealership, too.
did you also have engine shuddering though?
Sponsored