Battery Dead at 6000 miles

kdr2824

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Rubicon
I have had my JLUR for a little over a year. Came back from a week vacation and it would not start. I was able to jump it, but then a week later it sat for 2 days and would not start again. I am assuming just a bad battery, but I have had some other weird issues like the backup camera suddenly not working as well as the UConnect system not completely turning off after turning off the engine. Both of those were "fixed" with a fuse pull. Anyone else having battery issues this quickly? I don't remember the last time I had to replace the battery in a vehicle under 50,000 miles. Dealer has had it for two days and has not even bothered to look at it yet.
Sponsored

MikeJLUR

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 4 door Rubicon
Very common for Batteries to die on modern vehicles over a year to get to 6,000 miles out of your vehicle.

After you had the vehicle jumps did you charge the battery?

Since your vehicle sit for a long time I would recommend getting a battery tender to keep the battery charged.

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
batteries these days will last about 3-4 years. not like the old days where they can last 7-8 years. also keep in mind that the first battery that came from the factory tends not to last more than a year or 2. also keep in mind that the newer automobiles have more electronic that runs off the battery eventho the ignition is turned off.

dsgrey

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
Vehicle Showcase
I had two 2016 Mazdas and their batteries died at just over 2 years. Within 2 months of each other. Batteries are plain crap and I've never seen 3 years from an OEM.

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
i had a die hard amg battery and expecting it t last at least 7-8 years. well it crapped out at 4 years. i was pissed because i paid a descent price for it.

Sponsored

Jennitran

First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
I have had my JLUR for a little over a year. Came back from a week vacation and it would not start. I was able to jump it, but then a week later it sat for 2 days and would not start again. I am assuming just a bad battery, but I have had some other weird issues like the backup camera suddenly not working as well as the UConnect system not completely turning off after turning off the engine. Both of those were "fixed" with a fuse pull. Anyone else having battery issues this quickly? I don't remember the last time I had to replace the battery in a vehicle under 50,000 miles. Dealer has had it for two days and has not even bothered to look at it yet. Find the best battery maintainer, just visit Autofthings that you may concern.
Have you found the answer yet? I have the same issue today and i try "resetting"the whole system by disconnecting the positive terminal on the battery for about 5 minutes and reconecting. It works. Try if it works for you.

brican

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D 2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
I have a 2019 Rubicon with the 2.0L and 12k miles. I was running errands yesterday afternoon and parked in a shopping center. I shut off the engine then decided to move. When I went to start it, nothing. I called roadside assistance for a jump. When they did their thing they told me the battery has a problem. I went directly to the Jeep dealer. The service advisor plugged in an analyzer that indicated a battery problem. He said it would take 2.5 hours for each (of the two) battery to diagnose and replace so I had to leave it. Day 2, still waiting to hear resolution. Glad this didn't happen on a trail in the middle of the desert. Maybe we should be carrying one of these.
https://www.collisionservices.com/p...rm=4575961244666092&utm_content=Jump Starters

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
I have had my JLUR for a little over a year. Came back from a week vacation and it would not start. I was able to jump it, but then a week later it sat for 2 days and would not start again. I am assuming just a bad battery, but I have had some other weird issues like the backup camera suddenly not working as well as the UConnect system not completely turning off after turning off the engine. Both of those were "fixed" with a fuse pull. Anyone else having battery issues this quickly? I don't remember the last time I had to replace the battery in a vehicle under 50,000 miles. Dealer has had it for two days and has not even bothered to look at it yet.
Mine also died in a similar time frame. I always carry a portable jump pack -- you can buy them on Amazon for under $100. I get about 10-15 jumps per charge.

I pretty much plan to replace batteries once annually at this point. No different for my Porsche. Surprisingly, my BMW battery though lasted the entire lease.

WaldorfJL

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL
2018, both were replaced a few months back.....seems common

Compression-Ignition

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0 Diesel, 2020 6.7L F350
I have a 2019 Rubicon with the 2.0L and 12k miles. I was running errands yesterday afternoon and parked in a shopping center. I shut off the engine then decided to move. When I went to start it, nothing. I called roadside assistance for a jump. When they did their thing they told me the battery has a problem. I went directly to the Jeep dealer. The service advisor plugged in an analyzer that indicated a battery problem. He said it would take 2.5 hours for each (of the two) battery to diagnose and replace so I had to leave it. Day 2, still waiting to hear resolution. Glad this didn't happen on a trail in the middle of the desert. Maybe we should be carrying one of these.
https://www.collisionservices.com/product/2266/automotive-equipment-tools-car-jump-starters-cables?msclkid=fdb15b6ebc5316ec7f4304a42e915924&utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=AC_PLA_Equipment & Tools&utm_term=4575961244666092&utm_content=Jump Starters
I keep a NOCO GB70 Boost HD 2000A UltraSafe Lithium Jump Starter in the back of my wife's Jeep. I also periodically hook it up to a trickle charger to make sure the battery stays topped off and healthy. Nature of the beast with some of these new rigs. Oh and I permanently disabled the stop start as well.
Sponsored