4th dealer repair in 6000 miles

Briarsmoke

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Ram
Waiting on a tow truck. Again. 2020 2 door sport, probable battery issue. All kinds of warning lights - service air bags, service power steering, service 4wd, not in park - won’t start, hard break pedal, no extrrior or interiorlights work, won’t let me do anything in acc mode, windshield wipers come on without using switch, won’t lock or unlock. This 2 weeks after 2 trips to dealer to fix bad transfer case cable (so they say, won’t stay in 4wd).

I really wanted to love this vehicle, but damn.... An awful lot of issues for a 9 month old vehicle.
Sponsored

HeavyUser

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
By 6thousand miles I had my top end disassembled twice, by 12 thousand miles my transmission had been dropped twice and clutch replaced once.

The

Struggle

Is

Real

Jeronimo44

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLU Rubicon X 4xe
Waiting on a tow truck. Again. 2020 2 door sport, probable battery issue. All kinds of warning lights - service air bags, service power steering, service 4wd, not in park - won’t start, hard break pedal, no extrrior or interiorlights work, won’t let me do anything in acc mode, windshield wipers come on without using switch, won’t lock or unlock. This 2 weeks after 2 trips to dealer to fix bad transfer case cable (so they say, won’t stay in 4wd).

I really wanted to love this vehicle, but damn.... An awful lot of issues for a 9 month old vehicle.
Exact same thing happened in my 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk. The dealership had it for 3 weeks with virtually no update. Opened a Star Case with the Jeep engineers to help..

Eventually they called and said that they inadvertently fixed it by likely taking apart all of the electronic control modules, when trying to diagnose the problem. Said they could not get it to replicate the problem.

They noticed that the car would have these issues when it would go over a speed bump or a fault in the road that would "likely disconnect some electrical in the vehicle" and thats why it would die and throw all the error codes available, car would stall out, no electrical power anywhere....

Absolutely frustrating, so I understand. I eventually traded the GC TH for my current JLUR in hopes of not having to deal with this issue again. Ive seen other threads in this forum where other owners have had the same issues, so I recommend doing a quick search to see what their solutions were.

HeavyUser

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
I thought about it many many times, I'm pretty heavily modded at this point and just don't feel like having to rebuild a new Jeep. So far everything has been covered under warranty and FCA extended my warranty to 7year 75k miles.
Sponsored