Leaking Valve cover 6000 miles

Woodstock19

First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL 2018
Last night I my start/stop system became unavailable. This morning my check engine light came on the codes said misfiring on engine and engine running lean. Dealership said I had a leaking valve cover gasket which was dripping oil on a O2 sensor which restricted fuel to the engine due to incorrect readings. Has anyone had this too?
Sponsored

mtroeseler

First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Last night I my start/stop system became unavailable. This morning my check engine light came on the codes said misfiring on engine and engine running lean. Dealership said I had a leaking valve cover gasket which was dripping oil on a O2 sensor which restricted fuel to the engine due to incorrect readings. Has anyone had this too?

I had this happen to my 2019 JL Saraha back over the summer around 6000 miles while I was leaving town for Vacation. New gasket and O2 sensor fixed the issue.

Casual Jeeper

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Jeep JK/ 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee
I found a leaky valve cover at about 5000 miles. I didn’t have the other issues you’re mentioning.
Sponsored