JLUandCJ-7

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara w/mods
Vehicle Showcase
I back into my garage because I like to see the front of my Jeeps when the garage is open.. it’s purely for the looks…
They look good both ways! I do back in as much as possible in regular spots. Every once in a while I'll do nose out in garage and take a photo.

Jeeps.jpg

Jeeps 2.JPG
Sponsored

agpthng

First Name
Carol
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JLU
I'm a wife of a truck driver and have learned to back in to most every space. I must say I'm pretty good and quick about it, right in the middle between the lines, whereas my husband a certified CDL drive has a really hard time parking my jeep whether it's backing in or driving in lol.

JAustin83

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 wrangler Rubicon 392
Occupation
Lead iOS Engineer and Engineering Manager
I back into every spot feasible. At home and away. In over 1.2 million miles of commercial and personal driving I view it as a safety issue.
Backing into a parking spot controls risk and unknowns when compared to backing out of the same spot into the path of travel.
It also has personal safety value in that i case of emergency jumping in and going is much simpler (medical emergency or otherwise). Something I honestly had never thought of when parked but recently became aware of is the added personal security advantage to not having to back out of a parking spot.
Last but not least every vehicle I have ever owned looks much better from the front so show it off…lol

Sponsored

zgrw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
My 2 cents;

I always prefer to back up for below reasons;

- When you arrive at the parking spot, you already have a full knowledge of surrounding, and have a better view backing up (considering backing out of a parking spot), so it is safer.

- At the time of parking, you are in no rush most of the time (as in there is no emergency), so you can spend some time. In case of you need to leave quickly, driving out is always easier and faster than backing out (for instance a loved one called and said they fell).

- Looks cooler.

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
I don’t hear any pushback from the nose-in drivers.

Maybe we’ve found a subject that we all agree on!!!

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AEV JL370 JLURD , AMG GLC43
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

You're assuming that backing in is legal. It typically isn't in states that don't have front license plates.

Reinen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon

I nose in because someone can easily pull into the spot behind me and leave no room to open the tailgate. Or leave little room on either side to get to the tailgate. That's annoying. Nose in and the tailgate is always easily accessed to load whatever I may be lugging around.

But no pushback from me because as long as you're in between the lines, I don't care.

grimmjeeper

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grimmjeeper.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler, 1987 Comanche, 1997 F250
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
enginerd

It's more likely that the people who nose in when they park just don't care enough to pick fights with the people who back in. 🤷‍♂️

I'm in the "as long as you're in the lines, park however you want" crowd myself.

Sponsored

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
You're assuming that backing in is legal. It typically isn't in states that don't have front license plates.
Hopefully, given how crazy the world is now, this is not a priority issue for law enforcement.

I live in a no-front-plate state and somehow life goes on...even with back-in parking. Who woulda thunk. 😀

Last edited:

The Pointer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
One
I never back in because I always park far, far away from others and as some have said I don’t want the rear blocked from putting my stuff in the back. I will pull straight through occasionally though.

jdegrave

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Forte, Pathfinder, JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Director Financial Systems Support & Governance
I back both my JLUR and my Expedition into spaces . I find it much easier than pulling straight in. ( That said if someone is behind me I will pull straight in.)

Buzz11

First Name
Buzz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLR, 2001 Wrangler TJ Sport
I apologize if this has already been said (I didnt read all 6 pages) ...in the oil fields you are required to park in backwardss as a saftey issue. If a rig has to be evacuated its safer and faster to have everyone pulling out forward.

Having said, I rarely park backwards in normal life other than in a parking garage. It scares me backing out. You just cant people rounding a corner as you are backing out.
Sponsored