chacomaya

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2013 VW Golf R, 2016 KTM 1290 Super Duke GT, 2015 KTM 500EXC
Vehicle Showcase
I mounted a Baja Designs S2 under the bumper and fished the wiring through the passenger side frame rail to the Aux 3 wiring in the engine bay. Works great, and only comes on when I want.
Sponsored

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
Here you go....Although I used that light set, I had to use a different mount to allow it to fit between the hitch and the bumper. Works great.
How difficult is it to attach the stay chains on a trailer with that configuration? Maybe it's just the angle of the picture, but it looks like they're kind of in the way.

10mmauto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Willys, 2008 Mustang Bullitt
Occupation
LEO
Vehicle Showcase
How difficult is it to attach the stay chains on a trailer with that configuration? Maybe it's just the angle of the picture, but it looks like they're kind of in the way.
Sorry - don't know. Never towed anything! But I think there's more room when the flag plug isn't in there.

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
just wondering if a 30* spot would work well as a led backup light. i have them on my windshield mount and was thinking of getting something different for the front. i know flood would be the preferred light for the back. i just got my body armor rear bumper that has cutouts for led lights. so exploring some ideas.

Craigzjeep

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray
Occupation
Telco Installer, retired. Current job drinking beer and yard work expert.

Sponsored

zxd9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport S, Bright White, Freedom Pkg
just wondering if a 30* spot would work well as a led backup light. i have them on my windshield mount and was thinking of getting something different for the front. i know flood would be the preferred light for the back. i just got my body armor rear bumper that has cutouts for led lights. so exploring some ideas.
I actually used Rigid diffused lights on my F150. A nice wide pattern. Really liked them.

Jeremy8271

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon
Anyone added an auxiliary reverse light/s?

not needed form off road but just for better illumination in general reversing.

thanks.
I just finished these, stock steel bumper has 2 bolts on the corners I removed and bolted in these diffused floods. Ran wire through passanger tail light to the passanger foot well aux cables. I read I can also tap into the trailer wires in The tail light housing though I have not tried it yet. Back up cam does not wash out. It is super bright and clear!

20220503_211753.jpg

20220503_211730.jpg

20220503_211721.jpg

Htfan

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S - 3.6L
Vehicle Showcase
I went the fairly inexpensive way, but very happy with the results.

Used Square "U" brackets as a mount rather than drilling into anything. Spliced into trailer hitch wiring with diodes and left factory harness untouched.

Jeep Wrangler JL Auxiliary reverse light 20220203_081851

Extremely bright even compared to the replaced factory bulbs with superbright 6k LEDs

Jeep Wrangler JL Auxiliary reverse light 20210125_072515 (1)

Last edited:

iamstillvince

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 wrangler sport s

Used Square "L" brackets as a mount rather than drilling into anything. Spliced into trailer hitch wiring with diodes and left factory harness untouched.

Extremely bright even compared to the replaced factory bulbs with superbright 6k LEDs

got a pic of the l brackets and mount location? i just screwed into plastic bumper but would like more solid option

Cyber_Jeeper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR

Used Square "L" brackets as a mount rather than drilling into anything. Spliced into trailer hitch wiring with diodes and left factory harness untouched.

Is there a reason you used diodes? I was under the impression that you only needed those when you want multiple power sources, such as the reverse lights OR the aux switches. With just one power source there shouldn’t be any feedback, right?
I’m looking to do something similar and just splice them into the trailer hitch reverse wiring.

Sponsored

Htfan

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S - 3.6L
Vehicle Showcase
got a pic of the l brackets and mount location? i just screwed into plastic bumper but would like more solid option
I did mount them to the bumper at first, but didn't like the location.

Here's a picture from underneath and example of brackets purchased from home depot.

Jeep Wrangler JL Auxiliary reverse light 20220505_191527_resized

Jeep Wrangler JL Auxiliary reverse light everbilt-u-bolts-810236-64_145

Htfan

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S - 3.6L
Vehicle Showcase
Is there a reason you used diodes? I was under the impression that you only needed those when you want multiple power sources, such as the reverse lights OR the aux switches. With just one power source there shouldn’t be any feedback, right?
I’m looking to do something similar and just splice them into the trailer hitch reverse wiring.
I added diodes more as a precaution since I also have a trailer harness. It may be fine without them.

zouch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ, JLUWD
what lights are those that you used?

i want to use something like that, but want to mount them on top of the tali light housings (where i'm less likely to bash them.)

Bill_P

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2023 JLUWSXR
Occupation
Can't tell you..shhh
I made a bracket and added two lights on a separate switch that mount to the third brake light bracket. One light is on each side of the spare. The spare blocks a little bit of the light but they are a lot better than just the factory back-up lights. Plus, they are great for idiots who want to try to get behind me and hi-beam me at night. ;)

thecritter

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Crystal Granite JlU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
@ORACLElights makes some that fit in the bumper reflectors spot. Or get the flush mount taillights they are super bright.
Sponsored