Automatic Engine Stop Start Issue

Capricorn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JL Willys XR V6
Occupation
Network Architect & Engineer
Well nice to see we are not without wit. However the problem was resolved at the dealer. No more issue.
How was it resolved?
Sponsored

Capricorn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JL Willys XR V6
Occupation
Network Architect & Engineer
As far as your first issue goes, you are right and that is normal. The battery voltage is too low and it cuts off the system before the vehicle won't restart. As far as your second thing, I have learned not to push fully down on the brake pedal all the way or to shift into park fast--engine won't shut off if you do either
Regarding the first issue: Does it also display an orange alert (A!) after I had frequent stop/starts at multiple stop lights?

subiescott77

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
This message is also displayed as a part of the auto park feature and is displayed when one of the doors is ajar
Yep, I've got this when trying to align my JLUR in the garage with the door open and me leaning out. However that's after I already parked, shut the vehicle off, and noticed I could back up a little more. So off a fresh engine start and in drive, I leave the door open and the warning comes up.

subiescott77

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
OK. I got my JLU (Automatic)on Saturday night. On my way home from the dealer I pulled up to my first red light. The engine shut off, as expected. But as soon as it did, a message popped up in the information center that said “Shift to P Then Desired Gear”

It does this every time ESS kicks in at red lights. Is this some sort of god awful bug? I wasn’t planning on disabling it, hoping I could entertain it so I could get better than the 12.5 MPG I got in my JKU for 5 years. But clearly this isn’t by design. If I wanted to shift this much I would have gotten the manual again. Heh. But I wanted the 8 speed ZF auto tranny. My commute is 30-45 minutes of stop and go city traffic.

So has anyone else seen this madness?

Thanks in advance for any info.

0FAA3246-BCD0-4DF3-9554-1F22798F2BA0.jpeg
I think this may be an issue with the software. Your Jeep seems to think you're turning on the car for the first time but in drive, not knowing ESS is enabled. Have you tried pushing the ESS button off and then on again when this happens, to see if it resets anything for the next full stop you make?

Ruiz87usn

First Name
Humberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Unlimited JL Sport
Automatic Engine Stop Start Issue
It's here:

It happens toward the end of the video.
Soo, my wife just called me this morning that during a red light something very similar to this happened to her, the ESS kicked in and turned off the jeep but along with it everything else and it started to flicker the dash/headlights. she said it took a while but it finally let her start it back up, i will be taking it to the dealer this friday. seems to me that system might be faulty or manufacturing plant is having issues with wiring?
@JeepCares i edited this post to add you guys on there.
Sponsored

Last edited: