SeekRest

First Name
Laurence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Love my JL, but have hit a concerning issue (aside from trying to clean bewteen the flares and the fender) - shift delay between Reverse & Drive and vice versa.

I found a small mud hole a couple of weeks ago. Entered slowly, as I wanted to bog through.
When I did loose forward movement, I attempted to rock back & forth. The shift between direction had a significant lag, to the point where motion stopped before kicking in. So, I carried little to no momentum.

Fortunately, I did manage to extract myself without dragging out the come-along.

Is my experience unique, or has anyone else dealt with this electronic-shifter issue?
Sponsored

MattP725

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fusion (Future Hopeful JL Owner)
I'm not a JL owner (yet) but my current ride has this. I'm pretty sure its a safety feature to keep people from changing the drive gear too quickly and doing damage to the transmission.

Lotchs

First Name
Danielle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
Love my JL, but have hit a concerning issue (aside from trying to clean bewteen the flares and the fender) - shift delay between Reverse & Drive and vice versa.

I found a small mud hole a couple of weeks ago. Entered slowly, as I wanted to bog through.
When I did loose forward movement, I attempted to rock back & forth. The shift between direction had a significant lag, to the point where motion stopped before kicking in. So, I carried little to no momentum.

Fortunately, I did manage to extract myself without dragging out the come-along.

Is my experience unique, or has anyone else dealt with this electronic-shifter issue?
I’m having the same issue. But it doesn’t happen every time. (?) It’s weird. I’ve never had a vehicle do this so it’s bothering me. The earliest the dealership could see me was July 3rd, but I’ll be out of town. So the next available date is July 16th. I’m pretty sure, “it won’t happen to them”. If that’s the case, I’ll kidnap the service guy to spend the day with me. :blush:

OP
OP
SeekRest

SeekRest

First Name
Laurence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I’m having the same issue. But it doesn’t happen every time. (?) It’s weird. I’ve never had a vehicle do this so it’s bothering me. The earliest the dealership could see me was July 3rd, but I’ll be out of town. So the next available date is July 16th. I’m pretty sure, “it won’t happen to them”. If that’s the case, I’ll kidnap the service guy to spend the day with me. :blush:
I can find terrain to make it happen again.
And winch install tonight, so I won’t be as reserved as my previous outing!
Sponsored