Sponsored

Press clutch to start in automatic

Borgs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU SPORT
Vehicle Showcase
I have a JLU Sport automatic and when I get into jeep, on the infotainment cluster, sometimes it reads "press brake to start" and shows pic of push start button. Then other times it reads "press clutch to start".
Either way I just put foot on brake and start the jeep and it starts no problem, but I was wondering if anyone else has this happen?When it goes for a recall or whatever I'll get it checked.
Sponsored

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
This is a new one.... I actually never really paid much attention to what it says as long as it starts

BillG

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLUR / 15 Harley Tri glide / 50 Dodge Rat pickup
It’s been on here before. Do a search. I remember it. A couple of times at least. Once the dealer noticed it before delivery and wanted to change the cluster, but a reflash would probably fix it.

Sponsored

Ntegtmeyer

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara, 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit, 2014 Jeep Patriot Oscar Mike Edition, 2012 Jeep Compass Limited
There is a TSB for this issue plus some other things it fixes...TSB #08-108-18

Rufus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 door JL Sport 3.6 V6
You’re no longer allowed to tell a transmission what it is because it has a clutch or not. You can’t “assign” it a label at the factory. You have to wait until it rolls off the line with a VIN then ask it how it identifies. There’s a reason they’re all called “tranny.”

If one with a clutch wants to compete in a category against those without clutches because it identifies as an auto then it should be allowed to.

It should also have the right to tell you how it wants to be addressed: Jeep, truck, rig, vehicle, car, etc, regardless of its tranny or number of doors.

Baddjonez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sport S
In all seriousness, I have this happening on my 2018 JLU. Took to dealer with the issue, for this and other issues ( odometer disappears, diffs show locked when they are not even equipped). Dealer opens a STAR case and then tells them its NPF. WTF. The advisor even said it is the weirdest thing he has seen. Jeep Cares, doesn't, have to wait 6 weeks for them to even look at it again just to confirm the problem. Warranty clock ticking.... Also they said that the bulletin number above didnt apply to my truck... Anyone out there have similar issue currently and had it resolved.. Would be a great help. Love the truck and plan on keeping it, but would like this gremlin exercised.

Thanks all

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon JLU
In all seriousness, I have this happening on my 2018 JLU. Took to dealer with the issue, for this and other issues ( odometer disappears, diffs show locked when they are not even equipped). Dealer opens a STAR case and then tells them its NPF. WTF. The advisor even said it is the weirdest thing he has seen. Jeep Cares, doesn't, have to wait 6 weeks for them to even look at it again just to confirm the problem. Warranty clock ticking.... Also they said that the bulletin number above didnt apply to my truck... Anyone out there have similar issue currently and had it resolved.. Would be a great help. Love the truck and plan on keeping it, but would like this gremlin exercised.

Thanks all
I am having the same issues on my 2018 JLU Rubicon 35554 miles.

Sponsored

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon JLU
I have a JLU Sport automatic and when I get into jeep, on the infotainment cluster, sometimes it reads "press brake to start" and shows pic of push start button. Then other times it reads "press clutch to start".
Either way I just put foot on brake and start the jeep and it starts no problem, but I was wondering if anyone else has this happen?When it goes for a recall or whatever I'll get it checked.
I am having the exact same issues on my 2018 JLU Rubicon 35560 miles. Did you ever get it fixed? Please tell me the details. Thank you!

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
I am having the exact same issues on my 2018 JLU Rubicon 35560 miles. Did you ever get it fixed? Please tell me the details. Thank you!
Hi there! If you don't find the answers you're looking for from fellow forum members, please contact us. We would be happy to dig into your concerns further and provide some assistance.

Kate
Jeep Cares

Baddjonez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sport S
So I dropped my Jeep off for this concern and a couple others all doing with the center cluster(says clutch to start, mileage disappears, diff lock light come on when not equipped). So the lead tech stated he spoke with the Mopar field tech and said to reflash the car with a reflash that is does not call for in the tech bulletins. He stated that there was an issue with the programing having an old part number for the instrument cluster and not the one that was in the truck. See attached to decipher mopar warranty speak on the work orders. Hope this helps you. I will see if the coming weeks the problems are gone. 24 hours so far and ok.

20211104_074749 (1).jpg

20211104_074759.jpg

correfe

First Name
Fernando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JEEP JL SAHARA UNLIMITED
Any of you that have updated or replaced the cluster, was the problem resolved?
Sponsored