First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
It’s been around for a while and a number of JL folks have installed it successfully. I’ve personally had it laying on my desk for quite a while, just haven’t undertaken the installation yet. The install requires pulling some of the dash apart and some splicing of wires.

If the safety auto-down feature is something you need, it doesn’t retain it. If you don’t have kids or pets or foresee any situation where it might be needed to protect anyone, it’s a great feature that (like so many things) should have absolutely been included with power windows. I grumble every time I go to raise the windows because I haven’t owned a vehicle that lacks this feature since 2007.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
One thing I enjoy in my JL is the lack of rattles!

I’m afraid to pull the dashboard apart and introduce unwanted rattles and squeaks.

Sponsored

Pepe My Little Mule

First Name
J.D.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Jeep 4.7L; 2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Willys
I don’t have kids but could imagine scenarios where a young kid not knowing any better could hurt themselves.

This doesn’t apply in my jeep but in my wife’s 4Runner we have to activate the child window lock when our dogs are in the back. Dogs can accidentally step on the window switch and raise or lower it with potentially disastrous consequences (my Airedale fell out of a vehicle once because he got over-excited and broke his leg).
Dogs and kids here too, never had a problem, but perhaps luck was on my side.

With the JL, and the switches mounted vertically on the center dash and rear console, I can't see an accidental button pushing... but then again, anything is possible.

palmor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude, 2018 JLU Moab
Dogs and kids here too, never had a problem, but perhaps luck was on my side.

With the JL, and the switches mounted vertically on the center dash and rear console, I can't see an accidental button pushing... but then again, anything is possible.
The only person who has gotten their fingers caught is me, because my wife reaches over and uses the wrong switch 🤪 So that’s one mod not for me haha

Pegleg

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Occupation
Vice President - Woburn Sportsmen's Association
That is one of my big complaints about the Jeep. I really dislike having those switches in the center of the dash and for the life of me I can't figure out why they did not put them on the doors, at least on the front ones. I mean you've got to disconnect the wiring harness to remove the doors anyways what the hell difference does it make if there's another wire running through.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
That is one of my big complaints about the Jeep. I really dislike having those switches in the center of the dash and for the life of me I can't figure out why they did not put them on the doors, at least on the front ones. I mean you've got to disconnect the wiring harness to remove the doors anyways what the hell difference does it make if there's another wire running through.
@Pegleg

They can't please every owner.... i.e. I like the two switches in question right where they are.

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
I wondered that too at first. It’s because of the removable doors. If they were like a regular vehicle and you removed the fronts only you’d lose control of the rear ones too if the switches were on the driver’s door. Putting them all on the console is easier and cheaper.

Sponsored

XJfanatic

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU, 2020 JT, 1990 Mustang
Build Thread
Link
while it took some getting used to, I like them. As to why they are where they are? My guess is to keep the doors thin and not have as many wires running into the driver’s door.

LJ_3M121318

First Name
LJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon
So is this confirmed to work on JL Wrangler? Would love to have auto up and down window. Hate having to hold the button down

LeoTheDragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Oh snap... I might have to try this out just because it has some extra features with rolling the windows up and down with the remote. I'm tearing apart the dash pretty soon for several electrical mods anyway.

Since I have a 6MT, I don't have the remote start so being able to just roll the windows down before getting in would be reallllyy nice in the current, blisteringly cold summer days we're having right now on the west coast...............

Also, not having auto-up is something I've gotten used to in the Jeep, but having a stick makes it just a *little* more annoying - with 1st gear being so short, if I'm pulling out of a drive-thru, toll booth, or checkpoint (lots of these on the CA boarder which is part of my commute) or anything that requires me to roll the window down and back up, I always have to stop mid window roll up to shift gears. Just one of those 'you wouldn't understand unless you had a stick' things, amirite?

Pegleg

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Occupation
Vice President - Woburn Sportsmen's Association
@Pegleg

They can't please every owner.... i.e. I like the two switches in question right where they are.
All I am saying is I would rather have the controls on the door. If I was buying again right now would it stop me, absolutely not however I still wouldn't care for it.
Sponsored