OP

Johnnyrotton

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler rubicon jl
Update. I put an auxiliary battery in my 2018 jeep rubicon hoping that was the issue with the auto park engaging every time I start the jeep up. But it didn’t fix it. So here’s what’s going on , maybe there someone that had the same problem. Last night I got in my jeep shut my drivers door and started it , I put my foot on the brake and backed out of my parking spot as soon as I put it on drive and started to go my vehicle shifted itself to park and the auto park engaged warning can on. I also noticed that the start/ stop system not available also came on. I made sure all doors are shut, I even tried it with my seat belt on and it’s still doing the same thing. The doors were never off this vehicle. I plug and unplugged the driver door harness several times. Doesn’t help. Any ideas before it goes to the dealer are greatly appreciated
Sponsored

Dryver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler 4xe "Bridgette"
Update. I put an auxiliary battery in my 2018 jeep rubicon hoping that was the issue with the auto park engaging every time I start the jeep up. But it didn’t fix it. So here’s what’s going on , maybe there someone that had the same problem. Last night I got in my jeep shut my drivers door and started it , I put my foot on the brake and backed out of my parking spot as soon as I put it on drive and started to go my vehicle shifted itself to park and the auto park engaged warning can on. I also noticed that the start/ stop system not available also came on. I made sure all doors are shut, I even tried it with my seat belt on and it’s still doing the same thing. The doors were never off this vehicle. I plug and unplugged the driver door harness several times. Doesn’t help. Any ideas before it goes to the dealer are greatly appreciated
I see fuses not fully seated commonly referenced on this forum as a culprit of electrical problems. Part of the delivery checklist is to push all fuses down. Have you checked your fuses?

B.S. post alert for this next part. Has anyone been calling your Jeep a "car?" That might do it too.

OP
OP

Johnnyrotton

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Something else I just tried out today I unplugged the wiring harness to the drivers door and the vehicle drove fine no problems at all with or without the seatbelt on but as soon as like plugged the drivers door back in the problem started up again

Redbaron73

First Name
Ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 sport s unlimited;2020 Rubicon Unlimited
Something else I just tried out today I unplugged the wiring harness to the drivers door and the vehicle drove fine no problems at all with or without the seatbelt on but as soon as like plugged the drivers door back in the problem started up again
Check all fuses for seating.

Check all door functions with cable connected. See if something is not working properly like mirrors, Interior lights, locks, etc.

It's an electrical issue, just need to figure out where

thecritter

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Crystal Granite JlU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Do your interior lights come on when you open the driver door?

Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
I heard from the OP on this yesterday and .....
End of story on this was the dealer replaced door latch and then all was well.

Dr3wDrop

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
Does anyone know if the door latch is covered outside the 3 year 36k warranty? I am having problems with my ESS and Auto Park Engaging.

OP
OP

Johnnyrotton

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Does anyone know if the door latch is covered outside the 3 year 36k warranty? I am having problems with my ESS and Auto Park Engaging.
Mine jeep was outside that and was covered

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
It isn’t. Have you tried buckling your seat belt?

Sponsored

Dr3wDrop

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
Right now i have my service stop start light is on. Auto park engages if I shift into R or D without waiting for the “auto park disabled” light to flash. I disconnected the door and the ESS light doesn’t come on or any auto park issues.

GtX

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0D
Occupation
Working for the man.
Vehicle Showcase
Right now i have my service stop start light is on. Auto park engages if I shift into R or D without waiting for the “auto park disabled” light to flash. I disconnected the door and the ESS light doesn’t come on or any auto park issues.
Check your batteries..

GtX

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0D
Occupation
Working for the man.
Vehicle Showcase
Brand new batteries. I have another thread going but i thought i would reach out somewhere else too.
Good call! It helps to divide you request for help into different treads. 👊
Sponsored