Sponsored

Auto Climate Control Problem

docwilson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU
JLUR is brand new, 150 miles, went to drive it today and the climate control will only go either "hi" or "lo" and won't let me select a # temperature. A little frustrated.

Reset the radio settings.
Checked the fuses.
Unplugged the entire battery for 10 minutes hoping for a reset.

Any thoughts? Trip to the dealer? Kind of a hassle...

IMG_1617.jpeg

IMG_1618.jpeg
Sponsored

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
I pulled my fuse to the radio for an unrelated issue but mine did the same thing for a few minutes. Then the screen changed from blue highlights to a brown/tan that I’m familiar with and it works fine now.

Try pushing in all your fuses and relays. *shrug*

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Any thoughts?
Shut the vehicle off, close & lock the doors then let the vehicle sit for a while. The Uconnect radios in the JL sync up with the vehicle and learn what features the vehicle has. Sometimes this gets out of sync and the vehicle needs just sit so the radio can re-learn. Give that a shot and report back what happens.

OP
OP

docwilson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU
Issue appears solved! In addition to the previously mentioned efforts, I next tried pulling the fuses and making sure everything was seated well, but no change. Lastly, I read somewhere on the internet to soft reboot the Uconnect by holding the power button and tune button at same time for about 30 seconds. After doing this, it seems to have returned to normal function.

Sponsored

FirewheelMom

First Name
Megan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler
Issue appears solved! In addition to the previously mentioned efforts, I next tried pulling the fuses and making sure everything was seated well, but no change. Lastly, I read somewhere on the internet to soft reboot the Uconnect by holding the power button and tune button at same time for about 30 seconds. After doing this, it seems to have returned to normal function.
Thank you! The “soft reboot” worked! This was after pulling F 97 for the Wi-Fi “no internet” UConnect issue. I think I’ve got everything fixed now —
With no help from the dealership who told me it was an AT&T problem.

DavidArmen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
This is totally normal on the JL platform. The Controller Area Network (CAN) communication gets completely reset in the event of a total power failure, usually caused by the disconnection of the battery terminals.
Once the power is back, you can let the jeep sit for an hour or so to allow all the dozens of modules in the Jeep to reestablish connection with each other via the CAN and let everything go back to normal.
Just be aware this will happen during every battery disconnection.

calemasters

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited, & Escalade
Occupation
Retired Mechanical Engineer
Glad you got it fixed. I don't think the FCA software engineers spent much time testing, validating and debugging the software.

At Risk Ute

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
milehightrails.com
Vehicle(s)
‘94 YJ, ‘21 JLR, ‘22 JLUR XR, ‘23 392 XR
Occupation
Retired Navy
Thank
Thank you for posting this thread. Same thing happened to me today. Soft reboot worked like a charm.
Sponsored