OP
OP
digitalbliss

digitalbliss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1979 CJ7
Now that it has been a bit cooler in Tx, I've played with a bit, I just put fan on 3 and set to blow window and feet and set temp accordingly -- If I put on Auto wife complains when the cool air comes out the vents that face us.

Conclusion, auto fine in summer, crappy in winter.
Which is a totally crappy design.
Sponsored

OP
OP
digitalbliss

digitalbliss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1979 CJ7
I don't know. It's been close to freezing here in the NW and I've been pretty happy with the auto mode.
Ask your rear passengers what they think. Jeep gave them new center ducts but they won't get any airflow if set to auto. Auto never seems to blow through the vents, unless it's cold air.

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Ask your rear passengers what they think. Jeep gave them new center ducts but they won't get any airflow if set to auto. Auto never seems to blow through the vents, unless it's cold air.
No complaints so far. Kid is in the back almost everyday.

Majestic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKUR, 2019 JLUR
My JK typically defaults to floor vents when the heat is on.

Sponsored

robaw

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU MOAB (MOJITO!), 2009 Honda CBR600RR
FWIW - I think the problem is that they put the same system in our Wranglers as all of their other vehicles. The problem with that is that Wranglers obviously aren't as well insulated. Extra circulation helps, but when on auto and the correct temp is detected the fans switch to low.

OP
OP
digitalbliss

digitalbliss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1979 CJ7
FWIW - I think the problem is that they put the same system in our Wranglers as all of their other vehicles. The problem with that is that Wranglers obviously aren't as well insulated. Extra circulation helps, but when on auto and the correct temp is detected the fans switch to low.
I'd be curious to know where the sensors are located. Many times the heat will turn down to a very low fan speed when my upper torso is still quite cold.

robaw

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU MOAB (MOJITO!), 2009 Honda CBR600RR
I'd be curious to know where the sensors are located. Many times the heat will turn down to a very low fan speed when my upper torso is still quite cold.
Good question. In my limited experience, I'm good with it from about my neck down. A little cold near the top.

catdaddy63

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Ocean Blue, 2017 Fiat 124 Spider Lusso
Occupation
Used Car Manager/Buyer
Vehicle Showcase
Here's what I found regarding the side to side temperature difference issue:

Attachments

Sponsored

smithrd65

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited JL. BMW Z4 35is, Tesla Model X90D, Chevy 2500 LTZ
No issues

BillG

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLUR / 15 Harley Tri glide / 50 Dodge Rat pickup
Works fine for me. In fact, in the winter time so far, I’d be satisfied with only a defroster and the seat heaters.

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
So now I have to worry about a MF climate control? I've had those in all my cars for the past 15 + years , you set it and forget it. So now that also half-ass works in a Wrangler?

What else is wrong with JL? I've never read about so many headaches and such trivial shit that doesn't work on JL

It's like my buddy said welcome to American Cars I guess
Your profile doesn't show a Wrangler does that mean you have one on order? If so cancel it because it sounds like you will never be happy.

tcari394

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL (2dr)
Read the manual. The vents that face you are not designed to be utilized in cold weather. If you try to utilize the system in a way that it wasn't designed.. your experience may vary :)

chart.jpg

Dogboyslim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon Punkn.
Last couple of days have been below zero F. On Auto, the fan doesn't blow until the jeep is warmed up. If I hit the defrost button though, the fan starts to blow cold (until the temp is warmed). I have had no issues with the temps in the cold, and the Jeep warms up much faster than my accord or my wife's subaru.
Sponsored