Sponsored

Climate control: hot or cold, but no in between

First Name
Roseann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee SRT
Hi, I’m new to this forum and am having the same problem. The issue is that I ALWAYS have mine set to auto, and when I use the Uconnect remote start it turns it off, and no heat ever comes on. I don’t ever remember having this problem before. Tomorrow I’m testing it with the auto setting off and we will see what happens. This just seems counter intuitive to have to leave an “automatic” climate setting OFF for it to actually work.

….” If you start up in Auto mode it will also keep the fan speed really low at first since there is no heat available yet.”
Sponsored

Packnbeer

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 2-Door
I use the auto exclusively for heat and i keep both sides synched and I don't have any noticeable issues. It does what its designed to do. Rarely do I use the AC because if its warm enough for AC, the doors are off and the top is down. I have another car to drive for bad weather or long highway travel so when i take the doors off and top down in Spring, it stays that way until Fall.

MidTNJeep

First Name
Preston
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sport
I’ve noticed my drivers side 70 is not the same as my passenger side 70, (or any two temperatures really besides Lo or Hi) Two very different temps coming out of the vents. This is with auto off and the two sides sync’d. Anyone else with that issue?

Rusty Teeth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Sahara Altitude
Occupation
Electronics Tech/ Fabricator/ 5G Fiber Optic Cellular Tech
Just took my JL in for free tire rotation and free oil change, they also did a firmware update!!!
Says RRT 21-139 2021 JL PCM UPDATE PCM 68501523AC to targeted part number 68501523AD
I Now have completely different AC/HEAT outputs, on auto as previous complaints air was not blowing out of proper vents. This update and possibly others not mentioned changed all that.
Also shift points seems to have changed. Must take it back in MAY for steering damper replacement. Didnt drive it much just yet. Much improved feel cant put my finger on what changed.

Rusty Teeth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Sahara Altitude
Occupation
Electronics Tech/ Fabricator/ 5G Fiber Optic Cellular Tech
November/2023 took and over the air update that fixed my heat issue, or changed it. At times it will now switch to dash vents and heats up much quicker. Also the dash lights and screen dims alot sooner after that update. it took over 45 minutes for the Over the air update. then took and hour to install.

DHW

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Occupation
Attorney
Don't mean to venture a bit off topic here, but not sure if this would have any bearing on OP's question. I'll preface by saying I never use Auto, always manually set the fan and temp.

Yesterday I had to take a work call in my Jeep which was cold as I had been at the office for a few hours. I started the Jeep and let it idle during the call to keep warm, but didn't go anywhere. I had the temp set at max temp, but noticed that the air wasn't all that warm even after the engine warmed up. I lightly pressed the gas holding the RPMs at around 1500, which caused the air to get the level of warmth it should have been at on max. When I let off the gas, the air cooled back down a bit. I did this a few times with the same result. Any explanation for that? Does that sound normal?
Sponsored