Sponsored

Audio system issue - cutting in and out

RIC3BOY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 RAM 1500 Rebel
Update:

So that didn’t work. The issue came back again today. It’s not Bluetooth/iOS.

While in the internal fuse box, I pulled F44 which controls the radio/ANC/inverter (for the RAMs). That reset the radio, giving the same symptoms as resetting the battery.

What I did notice - a majority of the fuses were incorrectly seated. I pushed nearly all of them in, feeling the “click” and positive engagement. We’ll see how this works out.
Sponsored

jstepy

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Rubicon X 4xe
Update:

So that didn’t work. The issue came back again today. It’s not Bluetooth/iOS.

While in the internal fuse box, I pulled F44 which controls the radio/ANC/inverter (for the RAMs). That reset the radio, giving the same symptoms as resetting the battery.

What I did notice - a majority of the fuses were incorrectly seated. I pushed nearly all of them in, feeling the “click” and positive engagement. We’ll see how this works out.
That’s a bummer Ric... I’m still going strong with no issues... phones still not paired.

I’ll keep you updated. I’ll also check my fuses again.

Gulo gulo

First Name
Gulo gulo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL
Update - amplifier replaced. That did not fix the problem. I have a manual, no remote start, so it is not remote start related. Radio worked at -15F, cut out at 30F, so it is not temperature driven... New radio installed two days ago. No problems later that day. No problems yesterday... Sorry to see that others report replacing the radio has not fixed the problem.
My radio also stops cutting out when the vehicle is turned off.
Yesterday, noticed for the first time that the feature where the engine turns off when at a red light was not functioning because “battery not charged.” First time I had come across that message, but the radio worked flawlessly all day (12-15 start/stops).

Gulo gulo

First Name
Gulo gulo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL
Another thing I think is odd... the Jeep Cares guy that calls me to follow my case is only aware of one other case like this. He is “following” my problem, and one other one in a Jeep on the East Coast. He also doesn’t seem to read these threads. It was news to him - despite being mentioned in this thread - that the backup camera lines disappears when the radio is acting up.
His lack of awareness of the scope of the problem is troubling. If all of the available information is not being gathered in a single place and reviewed by competent engineers, the solution will be a much longer time coming, at the expense of a lot of unnecessary aggravation and wasted time and money.

Chicago Sahara

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited JL - Sahara
I had mine in today as it was acting up on my way home. The technician wondered about the amplifier as well. I will be bringing it back on Friday for the day for them to work on and gather all the details on the vehicle as well as hopefully some next steps. Did they share any other ideas with you?
No they had the Jeep for 3 days in the shop, the only solution from them was to replace the amp.

Sponsored

Gulo gulo

First Name
Gulo gulo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL
New radio worked flawlessly. For one day. Today, it has reverted back to the same problem.

jstepy

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Rubicon X 4xe
New radio worked flawlessly. For one day. Today, it has reverted back to the same problem.
See this is the thing that’s ridiculous... all the time and trouble people are going through, replacing radios and amps to still have the issue.

So sorry.... I’m getting sick of my teenage boys giving me a hard time when I say let’s take the jeep and they ask if the radios working or if they need to get great grandpas 8-track out of the basement.

Brent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sahara, 2017 Ford F150, 2010 Camaro RS, 2008 Mazda MX5
Well, it is in the 20's here in Minnesota will be below zero by early next week, and although I did not drive the Wrangler for a few days, the radio started cutting out again today. @JeepCares, so am calling to make another dealer appointment. Sure is frustrating.
So this happened on December 28th, but has worked fine since then...just drove again this morning and everything works well. I'm a bit paranoid to make this post as it may jinx the audio system, but all is good for the past 15 days.

gvc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
2018 JLUR and this has happened twice to me. System seems to reset overnight but very frustrating. It seems to be related to either temperature or remote start. Oddly I only use remote start when its cold so I cant confirm which sequence of events causes this situation. Im hoping an update will solve this. Looks like its not a hardware issue.

Gulo gulo

First Name
Gulo gulo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL
My local Jeep dealer tells me that they have been working on this problem in one vehicle for over a year, with no positive resolution.
Along with being aggravating as heck (to be polite), the resale value of a vehicle with finicky electronics is a helluvalot lower than one with a fully functioning system....

Sponsored

jasmel4449

First Name
Melissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
I had mine in a second time on Friday. During this visit it was working normally. Earlier in the week, when the temp dropped it started acting up again but didn't consistently act up in the cold...so I suppose that is now not necessarily a factor...?? Hmm....

I did reach out to Jeep Cares a couple weeks ago here as well as on Twitter and they have elevated my case to a what the dealership service dept. calls a "star case". Jeep Cares will work with the dealership to gather more needed info. They were waiting to hear back from Jeep for next steps when I picked up the vehicle on Friday. So now I wait to hear back with any updates.

cbournis

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Another thing I think is odd... the Jeep Cares guy that calls me to follow my case is only aware of one other case like this. He is “following” my problem, and one other one in a Jeep on the East Coast. He also doesn’t seem to read these threads. It was news to him - despite being mentioned in this thread - that the backup camera lines disappears when the radio is acting up.
His lack of awareness of the scope of the problem is troubling. If all of the available information is not being gathered in a single place and reviewed by competent engineers, the solution will be a much longer time coming, at the expense of a lot of unnecessary aggravation and wasted time and money.
I am the other Jeep on the East Coast... My amplifier is still not available and iafter reading your post do not have faith in the amplifier being the culprit.

There is supposedly a software update that came out last week but it can't be installed or downloaded because of some cofpocorp bull...

Can you please let me know what software version you are running on the new radio?

Deleted member 18624

It got cold here in Dallas over the weekend so my radio started acting up again.

For me, it only happens when its cold outside. When it does get cold, If the jeep stays in the garage (where its slightly warmer) the radio is fine. The moment you drive to the store and it sits outside cold, the radio will immediately start to cut in and out when you start the engine again.

1. Radio cuts in and out when its cold
2. Radio works fine as long as the engine is not running.
3. Back up camera grid lines disappear

I'm at a loss? It's frustrating that a brand new vehicle with 6k miles does not have a functioning radio.

I guess we will keep using the portable blue tooth speaker.

AnebuR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon + 2014 JK Sport S
Had no audio from any source when I started my Rubi on Friday night. Had that happen to me once before and resolved on its own after I shut the Jeep off and turned it back on. This time, that didn't work. Since I didn't have time to screw around with rebooting the system, I drove for about half an hour and when I started the Jeep again, having let it sit outside for a few hours, everything worked fine.

agraner91

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
"For me, it only happens when its cold outside. When it does get cold, If the jeep stays in the garage (where its slightly warmer) the radio is fine. The moment you drive to the store and it sits outside cold, the radio will immediately start to cut in and out when you start the engine again.

1. Radio cuts in and out when its cold
2. Radio works fine as long as the engine is not running.
3. Back up camera grid lines disappear"

We are having the exact same issues that Adam (offset) is having. 2018 JLU Sahara with 8.4" Uconnect, it has already been to the local dealership multiple times. They recently replaced the amplifier which did not resolve the issue. So far Jeep's customer service has been extremely poor and highly unimpressive for a nearly $50k vehicle.
Sponsored