eugene

eugene

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR Ocean Blue
In my case it's always cold (live in Montreal, Quebec) at least since I own the truck it has been consistently under 35 Fahrenheit. The issue is occurring 1 time out of 3 no matter what the temp is.
Today was the first day where the entire day it didn't work. Awful.
Sponsored

OP
OP
eugene

eugene

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR Ocean Blue
OMG I'm having the exact same issue since last week. After only 3 weeks of owning my Jeep. Fist 2 weeks no issue, since that occurred, it happens 1 time out of 3 DAILY =(

Check video and let me know if you get the same.

exact. same. issue.

OP
OP
eugene

eugene

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR Ocean Blue
Press the HD button and see if you can turn off HD radio. That might be the culprit.
I will try this tmrw. but not feeling confident. I will also note that on my way to work I was able to call my case manager and put her on speaker through the connect without the audio cutting in and out even though everything else was not working properly.

natedoggg101

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Sahara 2018
I will try this tmrw. but not feeling confident. I will also note that on my way to work I was able to call my case manager and put her on speaker through the connect without the audio cutting in and out even though everything else was not working properly.
This doesn't work...

It's like doing the soft reboot and reset to factory settings or pull the F11 Fuse...

Seems like it's either a connection or the entire system that is faulty.

I feel your pain this si soooooo annoying in a brand new vehicule. Drove up north to the lake house last weekend, a 2 hour drive without music is hard!

natedoggg101

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Sahara 2018
Do you have the 3.6 or the 2.0 ?

Sponsored

natedoggg101

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Sahara 2018
Reading this thread makes me not feel so crazy.

Last week the radio in my Jeep started doing this same thing. The audio cuts in and out on FM/AM/Carplay/SXM.

The funny thing is, it only started doing this when it got cold outside.

Looks like another trip to the dealership. Really dreading that after the bang up job they did on my windshield replacement from the "whistle"
Do you have the 3.6 or the 2.0 ?

OP
OP
eugene

eugene

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR Ocean Blue
Then the issue is not isolated to the 2.0, at some point I thought it had something to do with my secondary battery but you don't have it on the 3.6...
We have an AUX battery in the 3.6 for the start stop.

Sponsored

OP
OP
eugene

eugene

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR Ocean Blue
This morning my radio did not work again, it has been 36 hours since I got in my car and my radio worked. @JeepCares

OP
OP
eugene

eugene

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR Ocean Blue
I would also like to note that the passenger side of my dash has a vibration noice coming from it that sounds like a spring. This has gotten worse and worse since I brought my Jeep to my dealer and they took apart my dash because my radio wasn’t working.

natedoggg101

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Sahara 2018
So after several home made test I can say that in my case the issue happens EVERY time I start the vehicle using the ''push to start'' button and doesn't happened when I remote start it...

I am visiting the dealer again tomorrow morning, we'll see what they have to say now that I can duplicate the issue!

I'll keep you posted tomorrow after my visit.

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
It’s not just specific to weather, remote start or screen size.

I have a 6MT (no remote start), I live in Florida 70 degrees, and have a 5” screen and it’s happening to me.
Sponsored