Audio cutting in and out

natedoggg101

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Sahara 2018
It’s not just specific to weather, remote start or screen size.

I have a 6MT (no remote start), I live in Florida 70 degrees, and have a 5” screen and it’s happening to me.
That's some interesting info!

I'm thinking of getting a TAZER to be able to properly reboot the system every time it does it...
Sponsored

OP
OP
eugene

eugene

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR Ocean Blue
It’s not just specific to weather, remote start or screen size.

I have a 6MT (no remote start), I live in Florida 70 degrees, and have a 5” screen and it’s happening to me.
It’s not specific to remote start, I have also had the issue when I didn’t use remote start. Several times. I now have started my car 9 times with several hours in between and every single time it hasn’t worked. I think that it’s interesting that when I audio Bluetooth a phone call there is no cutting in and out but Bluetooth media still does.

OP
OP
eugene

eugene

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR Ocean Blue
That's some interesting info!

I'm thinking of getting a TAZER to be able to properly reboot the system every time it does it...
Would “properly rebooting the system” fix it?

I hope we can a quick temp fix that allows us to reboot the system without having to buy a tazer.

natedoggg101

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Sahara 2018
Would “properly rebooting the system” fix it?

I hope we can a quick temp fix that allows us to reboot the system without having to buy a tazer.
Same! I'd rather not spent 300$+ just to have my Jeep behave the way that it should...

In my case I thought I was able to duplicate the issue by simply using the ''Start/stop'' button since it was happening everytime I was using the button and not when I remote start but today changed all my tests since the issue didn't occur when I used the ''start/stop'' button. =(

Now I'm going to the dealer again on tomorrow morning and all I can do to have the issue happening tomorrow morning to show them is cross my fingers... I did take a lot of videos at least.

Hopefully I'll have it fixed tomorrow or at least they might give me a way to properly reboot the system because I haven't found any way of doing it yet.

Read somewhere on the forums that some fuses may be loose in the fuse box, lots of ppl say that when they push on the fuses many of them click as they weren't pushed all the way through, could that be one of the reason why we are getting this issue? Did you push all your fuses to make sure they sat properly in the casing? I'll do it tomorrow after my visit to the dealer.

RIC3BOY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 RAM 1500 Rebel
So I specifically signed up for this forum just to post this:

https://5thgenrams.com/community/th...mittent-pauses-in-audio-for-all-sources.3822/

I have a 2019 RAM 1500 with the exact same issues. There is another forum member with the 12.1" screen who has the same issue as well (I have the 8.4" screen with navigation). It appears we all started experiencing this issue on October 18, 2018.

I've updated my thread with the link from this thread. It appears its a uConnect wide spread issue. FWIW, the 12.1" recently received an update a few days ago.

Sponsored

OP
OP
eugene

eugene

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR Ocean Blue
So I specifically signed up for this forum just to post this:

https://5thgenrams.com/community/th...mittent-pauses-in-audio-for-all-sources.3822/

I have a 2019 RAM 1500 with the exact same issues. There is another forum member with the 12.1" screen who has the same issue as well (I have the 8.4" screen with navigation). It appears we all started experiencing this issue on October 18, 2018.

I've updated my thread with the link from this thread. It appears its a uConnect wide spread issue. FWIW, the 12.1" recently received an update a few days ago.
There is another thread that was also started on October 18th about this issue. My dealer told me that Jeep could roll out updates over the air whenever they wanted and that if it happened overnight I may not even know the vehicle was updated. When I read about the forced over the air updates I was upset as I believe if it ain’t broke don’t fix it. Knew stuff like this could happen.

RIC3BOY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 RAM 1500 Rebel
There is another thread that was also started on October 18th about this issue. My dealer told me that Jeep could roll out updates over the air whenever they wanted and that if it happened overnight I may not even know the vehicle was updated. When I read about the forced over the air updates I was upset as I believe if it ain’t broke don’t fix it. Knew stuff like this could happen.
Is this the other thread?
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/audio-system-issue-cutting-in-and-out.16947/page-2

I've updated that thread as well with my link to the RAM forum. In RAM's case, we get notified of the pending update, asking us if we want to proceed or not. I'm not sure if the 12.1" guys had any luck, since the update just got released. Apparently that update fixed numerous issues for them (that weren't affecting the 8.4" guys). I'll continue to update all the threads as I see things progress. I find it VERY interesting that this specific issue came into light on or about October 18. I've PM'ed RAMCares on the RAM forum.

@JeepCares. is there anyway we can escalate this to engineering, or at least see if they know of the issue? Its affecting more than just Jeeps...

RIC3BOY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 RAM 1500 Rebel
Wanted to update - it appears a 12.1" uConnect user received an update to their system a few days ago, but the intermittent audio issue re-appeared. If you're hoping for an update, it looks like RAM or Jeep may not know of the issue as of yet.

natedoggg101

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Sahara 2018
So I just got back from the dealer and apparently there was an update on November 11th. My truck just didn't update though, the over the air update just don't seem to work with my truck and believe it or not the dealer was unable to download the update to install it manually. He said the update was too recent for him to download it?????

They also told me that that update could or could NOT fix the issue they still have no idea.

In my case they are unable to install it and the over the air update just doesn't work until they have updated it manually... They told me I have to check with them every now and then and one day they will be able to download and install it but no ETA was given, the guy even told me: ''In a day, a week , a month, a year... there is no way of knowing'' Great!! lol

So my Connect system is apparently not updated even if it says that it is on the Connect website (when entering my VIN)...

Guess I'll have to endure it. I'm now carrying a small Bose speaker in my truck in case the issue occurs, what a shame though for a brand new 60k$ vehicle...

FWB FL

First Name
LArry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL unlimited
I never had a update in the last 6 months and it says it is up to date but it was built in April, crazy.

Sponsored

natedoggg101

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Sahara 2018
I never had a update in the last 6 months and it says it is up to date but it was built in April, crazy.
UConnect is sooo bad...

I am currently on the phone with FCA Canada to have them replace the unit since it's clearly defect.

Pic18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito JLUR, 2017 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (my wife’s)
This just happened to me today. It was happening listening to music on CarPlay. Then I checked FM and SXM and it happened. Switched phones and ports and it still happened. I gave up trying and shut the radio off the rest of the way. Got to my destination. Did my thing. On the way home all was well. I’ll have to look up how to reboot while driving. Because a long trip with no music is not fun.

natedoggg101

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Sahara 2018
This just happened to me today. It was happening listening to music on CarPlay. Then I checked FM and SXM and it happened. Switched phones and ports and it still happened. I gave up trying and shut the radio off the rest of the way. Got to my destination. Did my thing. On the way home all was well. I’ll have to look up how to reboot while driving. Because a long trip with no music is not fun.

Let us know if you find a way to reboot properly, all the reboots I've tried so far don't work =( ...

OP
OP
eugene

eugene

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR Ocean Blue
Does anyone know if there is an update at night if we are notified about it? As I had said way before my dealer said an update can occur overnight and in the morning I would have no indication of this happening.

Can anyone confirm this?

If it’s true I think that’s not cool of Jeep/FCA, we should be notified of each and every update. Even if it’s minor.

natedoggg101

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Sahara 2018
Does anyone know if there is an update at night if we are notified about it? As I had said way before my dealer said an update can occur overnight and in the morning I would have no indication of this happening.

Can anyone confirm this?

If it’s true I think that’s not cool of Jeep/FCA, we should be notified of each and every update. Even if it’s minor.
Can't say! Although the dealer should be able to tell you if your system is up to date, in my case it's not...

Weird thing tho this week the issue barely happened at all, I'm currently on my 4th day without the issue occurring at all. Especially weird since my system doesn't update itself and the dealer was not able to update it.

You know what they say; ''have always been ghosts in the machine''
Sponsored