Audio cuts off when in start stop mode

Trax

First Name
Sultan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler unlimited sport s
New to forum, I just installed aftermarket speakers with amp and sub to my 2020 jeep jl sport s with start stop engine, and randomly when the engine cuts off at the light my audio cuts off when the engine starts back up. And I have to restart the car to get the audio working again, I've taken it back to the stereo shop and they can't seem to figure out the issue, has anybody had this problem and is there any solution, ( besides hitting the start/stop mode button to off everytime I get in the car ) please help!
Sponsored

Dagwood

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL, 1999 Jeep xj, 2008 Scion XB, 2015 Scion XB, 1966 Ford F100, 1969 Oldsmobile
New to forum, I just installed aftermarket speakers with amp and sub to my 2020 jeep jl sport s with start stop engine, and randomly when the engine cuts off at the light my audio cuts off when the engine starts back up. And I have to restart the car to get the audio working again, I've taken it back to the stereo shop and they can't seem to figure out the issue, has anybody had this problem and is there any solution, ( besides hitting the start/stop mode button to off everytime I get in the car ) please help!

Not enough info to reply but I'll guess that your using stock radio and amp powers both speakers and subs and that the remote turn on wire is losing voltage when car shuts down. If that's the case find another source of accessory power for remote or get an amp that auto turns on with signal detection instead of remote.

OP
OP

Trax

First Name
Sultan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler unlimited sport s
Not enough info to reply but I'll guess that your using stock radio and amp powers both speakers and subs and that the remote turn on wire is losing voltage when car shuts down. If that's the case find another source of ignition power for remote or get an amp that auto turns on with signal detection instead of remote.
Thanks for responding
I am using the stock uconnect deck with an alpine 5 channel amp. Which are powering kicker speakers and sub, I know nothing about stereos so I assumed the stereo shop would knowledge how to fix

Dagwood

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL, 1999 Jeep xj, 2008 Scion XB, 2015 Scion XB, 1966 Ford F100, 1969 Oldsmobile
Then my guess might be accurate. When it goes off look and see if amp turns off. You could also use a test light or meter to check voltage when not working. Turn on wire should be the blue one.

Goosed

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Not enough info to reply but I'll guess that your using stock radio and amp powers both speakers and subs and that the remote turn on wire is losing voltage when car shuts down. If that's the case find another source of accessory power for remote or get an amp that auto turns on with signal detection instead of remote.
2nd this - see where they ran your remote wire from. Should be from a source that does not get cut off when vehicle goes into start stop mode.

most splice into the 12v cigarette lighter. They either tapped into something that gets power cutand not being used on the aux battery or ran it into a tap fuse in the fuse block that doesn’t get power from the aux battery.

Sponsored

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Thanks for responding
I am using the stock uconnect deck with an alpine 5 channel amp. Which are powering kicker speakers and sub, I know nothing about stereos so I assumed the stereo shop would knowledge how to fix
Sounds like the shop that installed your system doesn't know much about stereos either.

Dagwood

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This would solve your problem if your amp doesn't have a signal sense ability. It would turn on the amp when it sees speaker output from radio. If they would have used a better loc, it would be built in
Jeep Wrangler JL Audio cuts off when in start stop mode Screenshot_20200627-193548_eBay
t
Sponsored