Stop/Start Issues

12 Valve

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Very frustrated with my new Jeep Unlimited Rubicon. Touchscreen display blanked out on me for a few minutes a couple of weeks ago so I made an appointment to take it in. The morning I was to take it in after driving it a couple of miles, the "Stop/Start Unavailable" message came on, followed by the Idiot light, and the radiator fan motor kicked on. When I got into the nearest town I pulled over and shut the vehicle off. Restarted it and everything appeared normal.
Took it in to the dealer and told them of the extra issue. Unfortunately they did not make a note on the Job Order for the issue, they only said they I have to bring it back in to get a download done on the radio. Took it back in last Friday Nov 9th to do the radio download, when doing the download, they fried the radio/touchscreen. Said they were ordering a radio. Then the vehicle would not start for them. They said it was the extra battery for the Stop/Start System. They had one there and put it in, at which point it started but the Stop/Start code came on for them. They said I need to leave it as it appears there is an electrical issue.
When I called them yesterday they said they ordered some sensor for it and if that does not work then they will be contacting Chrysler for more assistance.
I sold a 2005 Diesel Liberty and a 2006 Wrangler Rubicon to buy this, as I wanted something new that I did not have to worry about putting money into.
Very frustrating also is that is is nearly a 4 hour trip to and from the dealership. Think I should have bought a leftover JK without the electronic garbage on it.
Anyone else having these issues?
Sponsored

Last edited:

jeremyjeep

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Very frustrated with my new Jeep Unlimited Rubicon. Touchscreen display blanked out on me for a few minutes a couple of weeks ago so I made an appointment to take it in. The morning I was to take it in after driving it a couple of miles, the "Stop/Start Unavailable" message came on, followed by the Idiot light, and the radiator fan motor kicked on. When I got into the nearest town I pulled over and shut the vehicle off. Restarted it and everything appeared normal.
Took it in to the dealer and told them of the extra issue. Unfortunately they did not make a note on the Job Order for the issue, they only said they I have to bring it back in to get a download done on the radio. Took it back in last Friday Nov 9th to the radio download, when doing the download, they fried the radio/touchscreen. Said they were ordering a radio. Then the vehicle would not start for them. They said it was the extra battery for the Stop/Start System. They had one there and put it in, at which point it started but the code came on for them. They said I need to leave it as it appears there is an electrical issue.
When I called them yesterday they said they ordered some sensor for it and if that does not work then they will be contacting Chrysler for more assistance.
I sold a 2005 Diesel Liberty and a 2006 Wrangler Rubicon to buy this, as I wanted something new that I did not have to worry about putting money into.
Very frustrating also is that is is nearly a 4 hour trip to and from the dealership. Think I should have bought a leftover JK without the electronic garbage on it.
Anyone else having these issues?
Sounds like you have loose fuses and relays, like many have reported. Trying pushing them in. If you feel them "click" in, then that was most likely the problem.

fuse box JL.jpg

Andy2434

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Billet JLUR, ‘20 Mustang GT/Prem/6MT/PP1
Occupation
Retired/Leisure
@ 12valve . . . Hope that the dealer gets you all sorted out quickly.

@ jeremyjeep . . . That will definitely be one of the items I check when my JLUR arrives.

OP
OP

12 Valve

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Sounds like you have loose fuses and relays, like many have reported. Trying pushing them in. If you feel them "click" in, then that was most likely the problem.

fuse box JL.jpg
Jeep is at the dealer 2 hours away, else I would try that.