Atlas JL Transfer Case

intentsrig

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sporticon
Anyone ever get one of these? Only reason I went with a rubi case was the wait time for the atlas

the doctor

First Name
Ahitor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL 4 door
I’m interested as well I need more torque, but would like the twin stick

JimSa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
+1 I am super interested as well. Hoping to get a report from someone that has actually installed it.

I found out today that I have a hairline crack in frontside of my 2019 JL Rubi T Case. I've never hit it (it has skids), nor the front drive shaft, nor bounced my JL. It only has 12k miles and only a few trails under the belt.

Despite having 1st mile and MVP warranty, I am being told that Jeep won't cover it under warranty because I have larger tires and some aftermarket additions. Super irritated, because I was pretty clear with my plans for the jeep at time I took the extended warranty options. have opened a case with Jeep Cares. Anyway, if they reject, then I'm leaning towards an Atlas as the replacement.

Sponsored

MadDog27

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tacoma
Vehicle Showcase
Dang that sucks. Is it leaking? Or just concerned it’ll crack through?

JimSa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Dang that sucks. Is it leaking? Or just concerned it’ll crack through?
Yep, despite being barely visible, it's leaking and collecting in the skid below. Matter of fact, if it wasn't for the skids, I might not have even noticed as it only seems to only drip while running. I.e. It's on the highway and trail, but not my garage floor...

JimLee

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU
I know people have been installing them, or they wouldn't be selling their Rubicon TC's on here, we just have to get someone to speak up.

MadDog27

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tacoma
Vehicle Showcase
Yep, despite being barely visible, it's leaking and collecting in the skid below. Matter of fact, if it wasn't for the skids, I might not have even noticed as it only seems to only drip while running. I.e. It's on the highway and trail, but not my garage floor...
That sucks. I was under the impression they had to prove your mods caused the issue. There’s no way an increase in tire size or a lift would cause a tcase case to crack, right? Maybe hitting a rock but if anything, tires size and lift help prevent that from happening as often as you increased your clearance, lol.

Hopefully it’ll be covered by the warranty in the end. Good luck with it.

JimSa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
The weird thing is that I see the video of the JL bolt-on Atlas TC from Sema 2019, but I can't seem to find the actual product for sale anywhere on the website... (Maybe I'm blind). It would be good to get confirmation that it actually exists for the JL. Bonus would be getting a review.

Sponsored

JimLee

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU
The weird thing is that I see the video of the JL bolt-on Atlas TC from Sema 2019, but I can't seem to find the actual product for sale anywhere on the website... (Maybe I'm blind). It would be good to get confirmation that it actually exists for the JL. Bonus would be getting a review.
I think you have to call them for the JL one.

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
Can you end drill the crack and patch with jbweld to stop the leak?

Reactions: J0E

JimSa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Can you end drill the crack and patch with jbweld to stop the leak?
That's good suggestion, and I just might try it to delay the expense and the inevitable for a while... It's certainly a great trail fix. As amazing as JBWeld is, I tend to think that it would eventually come undone...

Reactions: J0E

DavidArmen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
+1 I am super interested as well. Hoping to get a report from someone that has actually installed it.

I found out today that I have a hairline crack in frontside of my 2019 JL Rubi T Case. I've never hit it (it has skids), nor the front drive shaft, nor bounced my JL. It only has 12k miles and only a few trails under the belt.

Despite having 1st mile and MVP warranty, I am being told that Jeep won't cover it under warranty because I have larger tires and some aftermarket additions. Super irritated, because I was pretty clear with my plans for the jeep at time I took the extended warranty options. have opened a case with Jeep Cares. Anyway, if they reject, then I'm leaning towards an Atlas as the replacement.
Wish you the best of luck! Would love an update on whether warranty claim was honored or not!

Mr. Curti

First Name
Justin Curti
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL EcoDiesel
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Dairy Farmer
Vehicle Showcase
About 4 weeks ago I called Advance Adapter and they said they should have the direct bolt in T-Case for the JL 3.6L gas rigs by either year end or beginning of Q1. For the 3.0 Diesel, don’t hold your breath. Because they don’t plan on starting that project for at least a year or two.

However... they told a friend of mine that there was no way you could mount the 4 speed to an 8 speed transmission with a 6.2L Hemi. Well, that was bad information. Because he was able to do it. It took a little research and some ingenuity. Likewise, we think the trans in the diesel and the 8 speed he installed in his JK might have similar or the same housing. If so, and we will soon find out, there will be a way to put the 4-speed T-case in a diesel. As for the gas rig, it’s an entirely different trans and we haven’t looked at that marriage yet. Yet, as we have discovered, anything is possible. You just have to think outside the box.
Sponsored