Atlas JL Transfer Case

intentsrig

First Name
Brian
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sporticon
Anyone ever get one of these? Only reason I went with a rubi case was the wait time for the atlas

the doctor

First Name
Ahitor
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL 4 door
I’m interested as well I need more torque, but would like the twin stick

JimSa

First Name
Jim
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
+1 I am super interested as well. Hoping to get a report from someone that has actually installed it.

I found out today that I have a hairline crack in frontside of my 2019 JL Rubi T Case. I've never hit it (it has skids), nor the front drive shaft, nor bounced my JL. It only has 12k miles and only a few trails under the belt.

Despite having 1st mile and MVP warranty, I am being told that Jeep won't cover it under warranty because I have larger tires and some aftermarket additions. Super irritated, because I was pretty clear with my plans for the jeep at time I took the extended warranty options. have opened a case with Jeep Cares. Anyway, if they reject, then I'm leaning towards an Atlas as the replacement.

MadDog27

First Name
Jon
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport S MT 6 Spd, 2019 Subaru Ascent
Vehicle Showcase
Dang that sucks. Is it leaking? Or just concerned it’ll crack through?

JimSa

First Name
Jim
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Dang that sucks. Is it leaking? Or just concerned it’ll crack through?
Yep, despite being barely visible, it's leaking and collecting in the skid below. Matter of fact, if it wasn't for the skids, I might not have even noticed as it only seems to only drip while running. I.e. It's on the highway and trail, but not my garage floor...

JimLee

First Name
Jim
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU
I know people have been installing them, or they wouldn't be selling their Rubicon TC's on here, we just have to get someone to speak up.

MadDog27

First Name
Jon
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport S MT 6 Spd, 2019 Subaru Ascent
Vehicle Showcase
Yep, despite being barely visible, it's leaking and collecting in the skid below. Matter of fact, if it wasn't for the skids, I might not have even noticed as it only seems to only drip while running. I.e. It's on the highway and trail, but not my garage floor...
That sucks. I was under the impression they had to prove your mods caused the issue. There’s no way an increase in tire size or a lift would cause a tcase case to crack, right? Maybe hitting a rock but if anything, tires size and lift help prevent that from happening as often as you increased your clearance, lol.

Hopefully it’ll be covered by the warranty in the end. Good luck with it.

Advertisement

Clayton Offroad

Advertisement