wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
What are you guys using. I want to upgrade my trailer hitch.
Sponsored

Myron

First Name
Myron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler, 1964 Land Rover SIIA 88
I use the same one ChevyMitchell uses. Can't remember what it's called though. I bought it in 2008 for my Land Rover trailer, and now use it for the Jeep.

Sponsored

OP
OP
wibornz

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Well it’s not articulating, but I’ve been thinking of giving this one a try.
https://genyhitch.com/product/the-glyder-torsion-flex-hitch/
Are you planning to take your e-pro on rough stuff?
I do not plan on pulling it through the Rubicon Trail or Pritchett Canyon if that is what you are asking, but I will be off roading from Arizona to Dead Horse Alaska in 2022. I plan to haul my camper to some very remote places and set up a base camp. I am buying the hitch as kind of insurance. It only has to save me one time to be worth it. Kind of like my RCV front axles.....

ZeroTrev

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
I have a hiker trailer on order with a mac coupler. Seems easier to hook up then the lock n roll.

Myron

First Name
Myron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler, 1964 Land Rover SIIA 88
I just went out to the garage and checked mine. It's a lock-n-roll brand too. Honestly, it couldn't be simpler to hitch it up. I've been super pleased with mine in the 12-ish years I've owned it, and another advantage over a conventional hitch ball is that it's much quieter.

FLTrailRider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 2dr
lock-n-Roll.

Do NOT get a Max-Coupler. Mine the pin rusted "solid" to the bushing sleeve during travel and I had to cut the whole thing off! Then to top it off they do not answer their phone.. Customer service is dismal.

WagzDad

First Name
Carroll
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
A pintle hook and ring gives a lot of articulation but would be noisier than a vegan letting you know that they are vegan …probably nearly as annoying too.

Sponsored

OP
OP
wibornz

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
So I have had the LocknRoll hitch for a while now and towed the camper a couple thousand miles with it and love it. After I bought it, one of my buds that Jeep travels with me said, "There is no way he would spend the extra money on a hitch like that."

We Jeep all over the place together. We set up a base camp and often leave the campers unattended for extended periods of time. So I look at my bud and say "Well if someone rolls into our camp and plans to steal a camper, they will be stealing yours because everyone has a 2" ball on a receiver. My camper takes a special hitch receiver now and makes it almost impossible to steal with out it." He looked at me and said "Fuck give me the link to order one."

He has had his LocknRoll hitch on for about two weeks less than I have and he is happy with his also.

Last edited:

jeepingib

First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Mechanic
A pintle hook and ring gives a lot of articulation but would be noisier than a vegan letting you know that they are vegan …probably nearly as annoying too.
As an old Army guy the pintle is always the first thing I think of. But you are certainly right, they are a noisy sob.