Sponsored

Armorlite Flooring Review

Dakota Jeeper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
I installed my armorlite flooring last week so I wanted to post a quick review for those that might be considering it. The install was not difficult but popping off the trim pieces wasn't as easy at some points. I am really impressed with the extra thickness of the material. excluding the rubber top layer, it was still thicker than the factory carpet by a decent amount. I haven't really noticed any less sound but it is definitely not louder. Prepare to curse for 15 minutes per floor plug until it just somehow settles into the right place and it all snaps in easy.

Jeep Wrangler JL Armorlite Flooring Review tempImage8cB44O

One thing I would like to see improved would be the directions and/or the design interacting with the carpet snaps. There are some holes they leave in the flooring to make room for a few of the carpet snaps. For a very polished product elsewhere, this was an eye sore to me and looked very unfinished/damaged. I pulled the snaps out of the carpet from the factory carpet and snapped them through the hole onto the post. I already had the flooring installed so I didn't put the back of the carpet snap on the armorlite flooring and truth be told, I am not sure those snaps would work with the thicker flooring.

I would love to see armorlite add in 2 snaps on the very visible spots right below the center console.

Jeep Wrangler JL Armorlite Flooring Review tempImagertVKcc

Jeep Wrangler JL Armorlite Flooring Review tempImagez2oN8X

Other than that, a lovely product.

@Armorlite Kail
Sponsored

TBULL52

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I installed mine about 2 months ago and I would say my experience and thoughts mimic yours. The one difference is I didn't see in the instructions or even think to pull the snap off of the factory carpet, I will do that this evening. It looks like crap with just the hole.

Armorlite Kail

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Kail
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon, JKU Rubicon, 64 C10, 61 Panhead
Occupation
Glorified Floor Salesman
I appreciate your review. The concerns you have are echoing chatter we have had internally.

1. Working on a video that helps you with removing and installing the trim, and some helpful inexpensive tools.
2. Mopar sells the trim clips and we are discussing how we want to, and if we can move forward to offer them. They are inexpensive. I have also found that scavenging the back portion to sandwich with the exposed trim ring is not necessary and that the outer trim ring snaps on to the stud easily on it's own and in my experience holds up great like that.

I am proud of this product and it means a lot to hear from people who enjoy it.

OP
OP
Dakota Jeeper

Dakota Jeeper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
I appreciate your review. The concerns you have are echoing chatter we have had internally.

1. Working on a video that helps you with removing and installing the trim, and some helpful inexpensive tools.
2. Mopar sells the trim clips and we are discussing how we want to, and if we can move forward to offer them. They are inexpensive. I have also found that scavenging the back portion to sandwich with the exposed trim ring is not necessary and that the outer trim ring snaps on to the stud easily on it's own and in my experience holds up great like that.

Another bit of confusion I had that would be nice to address in the directions, when you unscrew the studs on the floor pans, the threaded post remains sticking up. I just let the posts stick up into the flooring material trusting that it was thick enough to handle it. Is that the right way of doing it? If so, I think mentioning that in the directions would give people extra confidence with the install.

I am very anxious to see what you are able to do with the cargo area in the future. I would rather have zero dust/mud/fur trapping carpet in the jeep.

Sponsored

Jank4AU

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
I had a little difficulty but only because I was working on a brand new Rubicon 4xe. All the trim was on there SUPER tight. I guess it hadn't been driven around or off-roaded enough to loosen up. Also, there wasn't a video for the 4xe and there are differences in the rear part because the entire bottom of the rear seat is covered in trim.

If I can make a recommendation, DO NOT ATTEMPT TO INSTALL BY YOURSELF AT NIGHT IN A POORLY LIT GARAGE! :headbang:🤬 Also, give yourself more time than you think you'll need. That was totally my mistake because I'm just an impatient person. Getting the trim off is the absolute hardest part.

Once it's in place though, it's really bad-ass and I totally love it!

Jank4AU

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
Another bit of confusion I had that would be nice to address in the directions, when you unscrew the studs on the floor pans, the threaded post remains sticking up. I just let the posts stick up into the flooring material trusting that it was thick enough to handle it. Is that the right way of doing it? If so, I think mentioning that in the directions would give people extra confidence with the install.

I am very anxious to see what you are able to do with the cargo area in the future. I would rather have zero dust/mud/fur trapping carpet in the jeep.
I probably f'd up because I got iritated and just broke those studs off! 😲

Armorlite Kail

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Kail
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon, JKU Rubicon, 64 C10, 61 Panhead
Occupation
Glorified Floor Salesman

Correct, our insulator is thicker than the studs and they won't phase the top layer if pushed on. In a couple spots where the insulator was compressed more we put a dome in the TPO layer to further accommodate the studs. I will pass on the feedback for our instructions.

doctoriggs

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe
I installed my armorlite flooring last week so I wanted to post a quick review for those that might be considering it. The install was not difficult but popping off the trim pieces wasn't as easy at some points. I am really impressed with the extra thickness of the material. excluding the rubber top layer, it was still thicker than the factory carpet by a decent amount. I haven't really noticed any less sound but it is definitely not louder. Prepare to curse for 15 minutes per floor plug until it just somehow settles into the right place and it all snaps in easy.

One thing I would like to see improved would be the directions and/or the design interacting with the carpet snaps. There are some holes they leave in the flooring to make room for a few of the carpet snaps. For a very polished product elsewhere, this was an eye sore to me and looked very unfinished/damaged. I pulled the snaps out of the carpet from the factory carpet and snapped them through the hole onto the post. I already had the flooring installed so I didn't put the back of the carpet snap on the armorlite flooring and truth be told, I am not sure those snaps would work with the thicker flooring.

I would love to see armorlite add in 2 snaps on the very visible spots right below the center console.

Other than that, a lovely product.

@Armorlite Kail
How did you get the carpet clips apart? I'm trying to do exactly what you did with them, but I can't figure out how to get the front and back of the carpet clip apart without breaking them.

mdkautzman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
How did you get the carpet clips apart? I'm trying to do exactly what you did with them, but I can't figure out how to get the front and back of the carpet clip apart without breaking them.
Just pulled mine apart. Hold on to the back portion with some pliers and twist off rolling the outside towards the middle.

I trimmed down the passenger side to fit the contour better.
Jeep Wrangler JL Armorlite Flooring Review 16368400935355570605028421879068
Jeep Wrangler JL Armorlite Flooring Review 16368401393541013997460042168534

Sponsored

OP
OP
Dakota Jeeper

Dakota Jeeper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Just pulled mine apart. Hold on to the back portion with some pliers and twist off rolling the outside towards the middle.

I trimmed down the passenger side to fit the contour better.
I used two small flathead screwdrivers and pried two of the tabs open to release the front side piece.

mdkautzman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
@Dakota Jeeper thanks for the review. Curious about the sound dampening. Did you notice the Jeep is any quieter?
Can't say I noticed it load to start with so not really noticing anything. I'm sure it's helping in some way alone with insulating from heat or cold.

wingnut_br

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator

How does this do with water crossings? It seems as if it could trap water between the floor and the liner.
Sponsored