First Name
Jakob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 2-Door MT V6
Build Thread
Link
Well, in case anyone else thinks like I do, I bought a Canyon Cooler. I have to cram a lot of shit into the tight space that is my 2 door and most coolers really annoyed me because none of them are rectangular. I was really close to buying an Rtic or an Orca, but the fact that they have so many ridges and notches just annoys me to no end. The cooler ends up taking so much more space than it actually requires. So I spent a bunch of time Googling and found what I personally believe to be the best cooler for space concerns because it is nearly perfectly rectangular. Holds ice in Moab heat pretty well too.
Jeep Wrangler JL Are Yeti coolers worth the $$? 1599057350189
Sponsored

JayJay

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLR
Anyone with a Yeti 65 in a 2-door? Thinking about borrowing one for a trip.
Will you have room left for luggage, recovery gear, tool roll, air compressor, girlfriend's cosmetics. etc?

Later,
Johnny

S2k Chris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AP1 S2000, Rubicon 4xe
Occupation
Finance
ALSO, I am fortunate enough to live near an ice house that sells clear, hard, blocks of ice. He was using cheaper retail store blocks that were not clear. FWIW, quality ice and a second cooler for beer did the trick! :like:
You don’t need to waste time going out and getting blocks of ice. Buy a couple gallons of water from the grocery and freeze those. Big block of ice, and as it thaws you can drink it.

Amaruq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLR 6spd
Will you have room left for luggage, recovery gear, tool roll, air compressor, girlfriend's cosmetics. etc?

Later,
Johnny
From the specs, it looks like it’ll fit either parallel to the front seats easily, or along either side and only take up under half the 4.5’ width of the cargo. Powertank mounts up high on the roll bar ;)
And I pack light in an osprey 40.
But maybe my measurement visualization is off.

Rodeoflyer

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLUR; 2016 Ram Powerwagon
Vehicle Showcase
I got one of these. It’s sparkly and works real good.

Jeep Wrangler JL Are Yeti coolers worth the $$? 2EAB9A9A-8240-447C-8ABE-47548BE8E539

Sponsored

Oldbear

First Name
Dwayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel; 20 JL Sport S 2 door
I too have one of the Lifetime coolers from Wallyworld. I’d looked at Yeti, but choked on the price. Stumbled across the Lifetime for less than 1/3 the cost and gave it a try. It has been absolutely excellent and I’d highly recommend. With ANY, the trick is to “pre cool” both the box AND the contents before taking off on a trip. I stick a couple freezer block in the day before and cool my adult beverages and soft drinks in the fridge. when Getting loaded, I remove the freezer blocks, but in my cool drinks, etc. and use small water bottles that have been frozen for my “ice”. Works great and when the ice starts to melt you have cold drinking water..

BernMason

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Sting-gray w/ Turbocharged 2.0 L DOHC I4
Occupation
PM
Vehicle Showcase
To update- took RTIC 110 on 10-day backcountry trip between black hills and front range.

Process - following recommendations from another who posted, pre-cooled cooler for 24 hours.
When loading - used divider, essentially kept one section covered almost completely in loose ice. This section had cans/beverages/the like. Using combination of packs/bags of ice, bigger section was used for food/etc..

Weight - empty cooler is able to be moved/carried by 1 person. It is cumbersome and awkward but I did it. Weighed what felt like 50 lbs empty. Loaded, 2 person carry. Handles work well.

Performance - kept drinks cold, food good to go. Absoluely shocked it worked as well as it did. One note, loose ice got down to nitty-gritty toward end. Next trip I will be getting block ice for both pre cool and trip and some more ice packs. More than likely will be getting another divider and using center section as ice compartment and use outer 2 sections for food and a drink area, using ice packs to cool. Feel this will work a bit better than what I did.

Jeep - Fit in 2 door JLUR with myself, 2 passengers, and an old man of a black lab + gear.

Overall - I paid like $350 for essentially a coffin that can keep a ton of shit cold for a long time.
Is a 110 practical in all situations- no.
Did it suit extended day overland in backcountry- yes.
Does it fit in Jeep- yes.

Main takeaway is RTIC performed as advertised with the process I described. I was impressed and the cooler doubled as a seat for 2 people and a table at times. We used the divider as a cutting board and found out later it was designed to do that. I will probably get a smaller, soft cooler for more practical use scenarios. Recommend RTIC to anyone who has a couple hundred burning hole in pocket who wants a cooler that will perform.
Sponsored