roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Well worth it and i don't have it.

1. It includes the taillights which aren't cheap after the fact and the drls in the fenders in addition to the headlights!

2. The aftermarket options are lacking and I don't see many if any options for the drls and don't know of any aftermarket tail light. Also the aftermarket headlights are mostly the 7 inch lights with mounting brackets instead of the 9 inch headlights.

3. 900 bucks for all of that is a steal compared to trying to achieve all of that with aftermarket parts, even if you don't care about the tail lights.

If you like the look get them now! I know having a sport I'm waiting for the day solid aftermarket options are available at a reasonable price. Love he look of the drls and the halos. Can the led headlights just be swapped in after the fact? I feel like some have had issues with that? Has anyone achieved drls after the fact?

If you like the look save yourself the trouble and get them now imo.
I agree, get them if you're ordering your JL or have a choice on the lot. The Mopar LED headlight (only) retrofit kit is supposed to hit the streets this spring and it will set you back about what the option costs for LEDs on all the exterior. My understanding is the kit includes a harness, but they are having some issues with programming the BCM.

The only aftermarket light I'm considering is the JW Speaker 8700 J2 or the yet to be released J3 and only if the Mopar kit never comes out. And yes the JW Speaker are 7" which is what I measure the grill opening to be on my JL. I don't know what measures 9" on our JLs, but the opening is 7". That 9" number must be the outside of the new housings, not the lens diameter. The advantage of the JW Speaker route is that a heated lens is available, to keep it clear in freezing rain/snow.
Sponsored

Oilslick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
I don't have them,never test drove led equpped jeep at night . Far as I can tell, mine are great and I saved almost 1k. I'm at about 8k miles so far since April.

CNY-JLUS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport S
I don't have them,never test drove led equpped jeep at night . Far as I can tell, mine are great and I saved almost 1k. I'm at about 8k miles so far since April.
+1

Don't have them, don't need them, don't want them.

JeepSmash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon Unlimited
Absolutely worth it. Best headlights i've ever had. My last two cars had HID's which were really nice but I like these LED's even more.

Sponsored

Snelly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
First Jeep was 1985 CJ7 / currently 2018 JLU
The stock non LED headlights are a joke! My wife's 2012 Pilot has better lights than my 2018 JLU! I just called my dealer and he said that he doesn't even have a conversion kit yet available.

PickuptheMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sport S
Just installed the Diode Dynamics 6000k HIDs, switchback turn signals/ DRLs, and fog lights on a Sport, and really like the look. Wanted to upgrade from the stock halogens based on past experience with an old TJ.
First pic shows difference in old headlamp bulb (driver side) vs. new (passenger side). Had to drill into the dust caps to make the HIDs work, but overall not a hard install for someone who knows next to nothing about installing lights.
0CE486DF-79D3-4D40-933C-F849AFE36C43.jpeg
E87C3523-CE1F-4B42-8067-DB8C0659B045.jpeg

punknking

First Name
Chrus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
buying JLU soon
Just installed the Diode Dynamics 6000k HIDs, switchback turn signals/ DRLs, and fog lights on a Sport, and really like the look. Wanted to upgrade from the stock halogens based on past experience with an old TJ.
First pic shows difference in old headlamp bulb (driver side) vs. new (passenger side). Had to drill into the dust caps to make the HIDs work, but overall not a hard install for someone who knows next to nothing about installing lights.
0CE486DF-79D3-4D40-933C-F849AFE36C43.jpeg
E87C3523-CE1F-4B42-8067-DB8C0659B045.jpeg
Looks like your blinding everyone get projectors for HIDs or take them out

Lincoln

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Sahara JLU, 2017 Chevy Express 2500 High Top Explorer 4x4 Conversion Van, 2011 Ford F-150, 2016 Jayco Seneca 37TS Motorhome
Hi Everyone, long time reader first time poster. I’m in the process of ordering my 2019 Rubi (through Craig at Koons) and I’m wanted to get the collective opinion of the forum on two options. wondering if the LED headlights are really worth the extra $900. Won’t some kind of LED aftermarket lights be available forb1/5th the cost?

Also is the hardtop headliner worth it? I had a 97 Sahara back in the day and it didn’t seem that noisy with the hardtop.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks-mike
I have a 2018 Jeep JLU Sahara and I did get the led lighting options I would definitely go with these again They are great lights and work super I installed led lights in my 2015 Jeep JK and there is no comparison to the factory ones in my new JLU

Sponsored

allieboy

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara
I do not think they are worth it. If you are dead set on LEDs, there will be a million Chinese knockoffs on amazon/ebay in a few months for $100.
But the lights wont be horizontal but slanted

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2Door JL Rubicon in Mojito, 2022 Rivian R1T
Are these available now? I know towards the last part of 2018, they were pulled from Mopars parts ordering section.
My 2019 (which I ordered on Oct 2018 and received in Dec 2018) has the LEDs, had no issue ordering them. And I do like them a lot, but can't compare them to the stock lights.

FLFIGUY

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU RUBICON
Without a doubt worth the $$$. My 18 Sahara didn’t have them.... big mistake. The 18 Rubicon does. Any questions?

tombovo

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Unlimited Sahara, Firecracker Red, 6sp Manual, Leather, LED, Tow, Cold Weather, Infotainment
Thanks guys, this is great advice. Seems like people really like the LED’s. I’ll keep it in my build and loose the cold weather package instead. Still up in the air about the headliner though.
I definitely like the LEDs and am glad to have them. Others have pointed out that you could get cheap knock offs, but the factory installed lights really are great.

I am also very happy with the heated seats: recently it was 7° and feeling the heated seats was just fine on my old rear end. In my case, it may be my age, but you may not mind ice cold leather seats early in the morning.

The headliners...I don't have them and am not sure if they are worth it. You can always get them later.
Sponsored