Are LED headlights worth $900?

Bubba33

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 jeep wrangler Sahara JL
What makes you automatically assume that i have not lowered them? They are lowered past the standard 3'/25' rule atm but the Jeep sits up in the air a bit so keep that in mind.
Maybe by the way you said you're lifted and blinding them, AND NOT SAYING I ALREADY LOWERED THEM..
Sponsored

EZMFE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Maybe by the way you said you're lifted and blinding them, AND NOT SAYING I ALREADY LOWERED THEM..
Have you ever pulled into someplace when someone was taking a left and had your light shine in their face? Have you even been in a parking lot where someone in a much smaller vehicle was parked directly in front of you and when your lights turned on it was in their face? Have you even considered that I most likely don't care about your opinion and attempting to start shit is just going to force me to tell you how much more I don't care?

Chomper

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
They look cool and are a good value package in my opinion for $900. But I don't need them and I didn't want to pay interest on something I didn't need.

Just like a Rubicon in my opinion is a good value upgrade over the Sahara. But I didn't need the Rubicon capabilities and didn't want to finance what I didn't need, so I went with a basic Sahara hardtop with the LSD.

Sure I could have increased my downpayment, but I also wanted sunshades, a TopLift Pro and some other accessories and will spend cash on that instead of buying features on the Jeep I don't care about.

Like the old Xterra slogan, which I owned until I bought the Jeep: "Everything you need, nothing you don't."

chiggerdude

First Name
Brian Head
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR and a 2010 JK - 2010 JK Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Are these available now? I know towards the last part of 2018, they were pulled from Mopars parts ordering section.

Andy2434

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Billet JLUR, ā€˜20 Mustang GT/Prem/6MT/PP1
Occupation
Retired/Leisure
Personally, the LED package option was an appreciated offering. These old eyes need the help.

Sponsored

Litfuse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 C7 Grand Sport, 2019 Ram 1500, 2017 Audi Q5.
$900 is a tough pill to swallow for lights when you are already paying a lot for a wrangler. I chose not to. But I will say this, the stock headlights are not very good, so I definitely see the appeal of getting them.

Yammyhaha

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito MOAB/Audi A6/BMW Z3/Saab 9-5/Saab 9-3 Conv
Driving home last night and damn happy i have the led option. It was a beautiful thing to have so much visibility and this is after I lowered the headlamps a quarter turn just to reduce the chance of hindering oncoming drivers. Will have this jeep a long time so the cost of the led option (not just the headlamps) is way low per year. Also, I don"t have to worry about lamp/driver failure for a very long time excepting a defective unit of course. In this day of daytime driving lights, it is nice to know that I won't need to replace every couple of years. I especially won't miss those times when I blow a bulb at night at the most unfortunate time.

Gremluc

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Dodge Challenger & 2017 Chrysler Pacifica
The LED package, in my opinion, is definitely worth it. While $900 is a lot of money, aftermarket headlight options can be quite expensive, too. Check out the cost of JW Speaker or any other major headlight products, and you'll see that even the aftermarket stuff is expensive. Plus, the LED package offers a full set of LED's, not just the headlights. They're the first Jeep Wrangler headlights, on any Jeep I've owned, that actually light up the road. Good luck with your decision!
Agree with Sting - BEST lights I've used on any vehicle I've ever driven.

RUSTYS

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Occupation
Guitar slinger
HELL YES.... ABSOLUTELY! The piss poor factory headlights sucked on the JKs too. The LED's are worth every penny and I wouldn't even consider not adding them period. Hope that helps. ORDER THEM!

Last edited:

Wanderingwheelz

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport
A lot of this depends how much driving you do after dark, and how many accidents youā€™ve ever been in that would have been avoided if you had LED headlights.

Donā€™t drive too much at night? Donā€™t feel like an accident has ever occurred because of ā€œregularā€ headlights? No, and no? Then there you have it. Put your $900 in your (likely underfunded) retirement account.

One other important thing to take into consideration when it comes LED headlights is that they donā€™t get warm like old-tech headlights do, which could be a problem if you live in an area of the country with nasty winter weather.

Sponsored

RUSTYS

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Occupation
Guitar slinger
If you finance it 60 mos it's less than a cup of coffee a day. About $.50 cents a day.

First Name
Vernon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited Sport S
Jeep Noob here...If we are all honest with ourselves the LED lights just look cooler. Its the lights that go around the outside that makes it look so cool. I believe it is called the halo? Im no light expert by anymeans. My JL Sport S doesnt have the LED but the LEDs definitely look more attractive. Id rather spend my $900 on other upgrades and get the cheap aftermarket LED's knowing that they wont look the same but still give me the same brightness. However, if you do get the $900 lights I completely understand because they look cool as shit.

jlsahara

First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
I really felt robbed when I didnā€™t have the LED option (really I wanted them for the looks of halos and DRLs) but after i did a LED bulb switch, Iā€™m perfectly fine with the output. I still want the LED DRLā€™s but Iā€™ll get this eventually. I also do have BD fog lights so I have no light output issues here.

RUSTYS

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Occupation
Guitar slinger
Jeep Noob here...If we are all honest with ourselves the LED lights just look cooler. Its the lights that go around the outside that makes it look so cool. I believe it is called the halo? Im no light expert by anymeans. My JL Sport S doesnt have the LED but the LEDs definitely look more attractive. Id rather spend my $900 on other upgrades and get the cheap aftermarket LED's knowing that they wont look the same but still give me the same brightness. However, if you do get the $900 lights I completely understand because they look cool as shit.
It's not just headlight's. It's LED everything.

SmoothJeepOperator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Wrangler Sport
Well worth it and i don't have it.

1. It includes the taillights which aren't cheap after the fact and the drls in the fenders in addition to the headlights!

2. The aftermarket options are lacking and I don't see many if any options for the drls and don't know of any aftermarket tail light. Also the aftermarket headlights are mostly the 7 inch lights with mounting brackets instead of the 9 inch headlights.

3. 900 bucks for all of that is a steal compared to trying to achieve all of that with aftermarket parts, even if you don't care about the tail lights.

If you like the look get them now! I know having a sport I'm waiting for the day solid aftermarket options are available at a reasonable price. Love he look of the drls and the halos. Can the led headlights just be swapped in after the fact? I feel like some have had issues with that? Has anyone achieved drls after the fact?

If you like the look save yourself the trouble and get them now imo.
Sponsored