ARB Compressor with MORE mount write-up

Mrbiggerstaff

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 JLU Rubicon
Can you not power a compressor from the aux 1 or 2 wires? I’ve got a 12v arb compressor and it’s not working on aux 1 wire.
Sponsored

OP
OP
TroyBoy

TroyBoy

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Can you not power a compressor from the aux 1 or 2 wires? I’ve got a 12v arb compressor and it’s not working on aux 1 wire.
Not sure about the single but the double ARB definitely exceeds the 40 amp max. Also there are two 40 amp aux switches and two 15 amp aux switches. Make sure you are connected to one of the 40 amp switches. Read you ARB manual to make sure it doesn't require more than 40 amps.

Kansascoast

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JKU, 2drJL
Not sure about the single but the double ARB definitely exceeds the 40 amp max. Also there are two 40 amp aux switches and two 15 amp aux switches. Make sure you are connected to one of the 40 amp switches. Read you ARB manual to make sure it doesn't require more than 40 amps.
With the single, or the twin, you can power the compressor from any of the aux switches. Both get their power by a relay that can be controlled by any of the aux switches. That relay draws very little amperage...probably on the order of 2.5 amps or less. That’s why the purple wire is of such fine gauge. I mounted my ARB under the hood but these pictures show how I wired it.
I ran all four of my switch wires to a fuse block so I could control the amperage from the switches to each component...knowing that the max for 1&2 is 40amp and 3&4 is 15amp. As you can see, I am running my compressor from aux 4 with a 5amp fuse. I am controlling my front camera from aux 1 and also using a 5amp fuse.

8067D4BC-E3C2-43A6-8A3C-2F5A4F499CD4.jpeg

A5B36F17-FC51-41F0-84AB-BAAD1E8135D0.jpeg

5F3E182D-7BB2-4172-9BDD-B91B006EE250.jpeg

B8316EA0-7403-4F4A-8797-F358104D79EE.jpeg

Mrbiggerstaff

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 JLU Rubicon
The CKMA12 says it draws 13A no load and 23A w load. I’ve attacjed to the 40amp aux 1 switch. I should’nt have to run it to the battery directly then right?

Mrbiggerstaff

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 JLU Rubicon
Directions don’t account for a factory aux switch setup. And again, I’m not running lockers.

F9FF85EF-CCB0-422E-A3DC-03DCB8EE54A6.jpeg

Sponsored

OP
OP
TroyBoy

TroyBoy

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
The CKMA12 says it draws 13A no load and 23A w load. I’ve attacjed to the 40amp aux 1 switch. I should’nt have to run it to the battery directly then right?
I think you should be fine under that situation. If it isn't working for you then the auxiliary wire has no power, you wired it wrong or the compressor doesn't work.

OP
OP
TroyBoy

TroyBoy

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
With the single, or the twin, you can power the compressor from any of the aux switches. Both get their power by a relay that can be controlled by any of the aux switches. That relay draws very little amperage...probably on the order of 2.5 amps or less. That’s why the purple wire is of such fine gauge. I mounted my ARB under the hood but these pictures show how I wired it.
I ran all four of my switch wires to a fuse block so I could control the amperage from the switches to each component...knowing that the max for 1&2 is 40amp and 3&4 is 15amp. As you can see, I am running my compressor from aux 4 with a 5amp fuse. I am controlling my front camera from aux 1 and also using a 5amp fuse.
Right but I think he was wanting to wire directly to aux1 instead of wiring directly to the battery like we did. In his case, both the purple wire and the red wire go to aux1. You can get away with that if it only draws 23 amps.

Edit: Nice clean wiring :like:

55WillysWagon

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1955 Willys Wagon, 2019 Jeep Wrangler OB JLUR
Hmmm. I'm wondering if the twin ARB compressor in the tool box with small tank might be a decent option to avoid all the wiring and soft top interference? I believe you just clip it to your battery terminals? Just need to find a storage location while wheeling. Remove it when you're not.

Kansascoast

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JKU, 2drJL
Right but I think he was wanting to wire directly to aux1 instead of wiring directly to the battery like we did. In his case, both the purple wire and the red wire go to aux1. You can get away with that if it only draws 23 amps.

I guess I didn’t catch that. ....and Thanks!

Mrbiggerstaff

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 JLU Rubicon

I have a large Red Wire, Large black wire and small black wire to work with. No purple wire in the smaller ARB 12V compressor. I checked my ground wire, sanded the contact points. Should be good there. But I have both small and black wire grounding to the frame bolt under kick plate. Still no go. I still need to get a electrical check light on the Aux 1 cable to make sure its working. But assuming it is, I still don't know what I'm missing. Small black paired with red to Aux 1 wire?? Small black goes to the relay in the harness (see schematic above).

Sponsored

Mrbiggerstaff

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 JLU Rubicon
Ok. Tried to call ARB on this today but they’re closed. I screwed up and thought I could just get the ARB compressor working by using ONLY the black ground to a frame screw and red power to my Factory AuX switch. It def works but I cut the wires out for the pressure switch. Now it doesn’t ever turn off, of course. Stupid. I need a fix. I cut out the arb relay thinking the Jeep had that covered. Anyone know what I need to do to get the pressure switch wired back up properly?

863D63D6-DEE7-46D1-ACC7-982ED548741F.jpeg

OP
OP
TroyBoy

TroyBoy

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Okay, here ya go: