Sponsored

Dual ARB Compressor w/DV8 mount install

DVJeeper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 4door
Sharing my ARB installation with DV8 mount, the DV8 mount tucks nicely behind driver fender liner, if you looking mount an ARB outside of the cabin this is a great option. The first challenge I ran into was the DV8 mount did not line up with the fender pinch seam, see picture below. The trick is you have to start the bolts in body first and then start the bolts on the shock tower, it will pull together.

IMG_2315.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP
DVJeeper

DVJeeper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 4door
I was a concerned about heat from the catalytic converter, so i created a heat shield by drilling a couple of holes in the ARB face plate and mounting a piece of aluminum that i covered with heat shield material. This is probably overkill but these ARB's are expensive and thought it was worth the effort.

IMG_2549.jpg

IMG_2474.jpg

IMG_2475.jpg

IMG_2477.jpg

IMG_2545.jpg

IMG_2546.jpg

OP
OP
DVJeeper

DVJeeper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 4door
Here are a couple of pictures of the ARB installed with the heat shield, I'm pretty happy with how it came out.

IMG_2573.jpg

IMG_2576.jpg

IMG_2577.jpg

OP
OP
DVJeeper

DVJeeper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 4door
Next was finding a good mounting location for the air connection, I settled on the frame member that hangs down behind the bumper right under the sway bar mount. I hope this picture makes sense. there are two holes unused by the factor and it makes a perfect spot to mount the air connection. Here are a few pics of the mount i made. FYI the ARB kit does not come with a dust cover for the air connection, you have to order it individually, it's not expensive but if you order by itself the shipping cost is more than the part.

IMG_2452.jpg

IMG_2450.jpg

IMG_2451.jpg

IMG_2453.jpg

IMG_2575.jpg
Sponsored