sknyfats

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Wrangler Willys 2 Door
This is what the flicker actually showed when it occurred;
Jeep Wrangler JL Apple Carplay Screen "Twitching" Effect 22929913-8A9A-48A1-B1C3-EFF92E3F16F2
Sponsored

ToPar9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Altitude
Didn't have the issue - but... I had an issue where I turned the volume down 2-3 it would continue all the way down to zero. (amongst other issues not related to the radio)
They performed TSB-08-003-19 Rev C
Since the update, flickering began - Only when Apple CarPlay is being used.
When I am on the radio tab, no issue at all.

bwilly622

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sport S
Didn't have the issue - but... I had an issue where I turned the volume down 2-3 it would continue all the way down to zero. (amongst other issues not related to the radio)
They performed TSB-08-003-19 Rev C
Since the update, flickering began - Only when Apple CarPlay is being used.
When I am on the radio tab, no issue at all.
I had the same issue with the volume going haywire, especially when receiving a phone call, the ring would go to max right away. I want to say I started seeing the "twitch" once I had my A/C fan SW updated for running on high at all times. Too many electronic gremlins in these cars.

ToPar9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Altitude
I had the same issue with the volume going haywire, especially when receiving a phone call, the ring would go to max right away. I want to say I started seeing the "twitch" once I had my A/C fan SW updated for running on high at all times. Too many electronic gremlins in these cars.
Yessir .. that's the problem with cars these days. Everything has some sort of electronics attached to it. Give me an engine, a transmission, and a gas tank. Now we have electronic (fill in the blank), 2-batteries that suck, and thousands of people, (including myself), whining about the 50k POS they bought.
Attempting to trade mine in on Saturday. I'd be happy with a little over what I owe at this point.

S2k Chris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AP1 S2000, Rubicon 4xe
Occupation
Finance
Anything new on this? I had this problem in my Jeep, but then I was on business and rented another make (Hyundai? Nissan? I dunno) and got some flickering there too, so I figured it was my phone. Well I just got a new iPhone and still having the issue. Had the problem with my old iPhone XS, swapped from an Amazon cable to a fresh from the box Apple cable, and then got the new iPhone 12 Pro Max, all of them have the flicker. Tried both the port on the dash and in the arm rest. Have not tried the USB-C port, but I can try that next.
Would love a resolution, itā€™s somewhat distracting out of the corner of my eye, plus it honestly makes me a little wary of the Jeep electronics...

Sponsored

OP
OP
aestes89

aestes89

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S
Occupation
Infrastructure Analyst
Unfortunately, Iā€™ve been unable to find a resolution for this issue. I can tell you phone model, os version, cable type, etc makes little to no difference. This seems to be something with uconnect itself, even running the latest firmware.

I love my Jeep, but this and other electrical issues make me nervous. Iā€™m on my 4th auxiliary battery in under 30k miles. I asked the dealer why it keeps failing, he shrugged and said they do that. To get both batteries replaced outside of warranty, he quoted me $500, so I dread the next time this needs replaced.

Gaust

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 2018 Renegade Trailhawk
Iā€™ve got the runaway volume issue also. Sounds like it might be better to wait on an update to see if this can be fixed? Might be more worse than the volume issue? Did anyone have trouble with the steering controls also?

bwilly622

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Iā€™ve got the runaway volume issue also. Sounds like it might be better to wait on an update to see if this can be fixed? Might be more worse than the volume issue? Did anyone have trouble with the steering controls also?
Take a look at TSB 08-12-18-rev-d, fixes AM/FM volume fluctuations. My radio would increase in volume randomly, especially during a phone call, the ringer would crank to 30 without warning and scare the crap out of me while driving. Dealership did the TSB and all has been fixed.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...ments-fixes-blank-rear-camera-echo-etc.34618/

S2k Chris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AP1 S2000, Rubicon 4xe
Occupation
Finance
I occasionally have an issue with the steering wheel controls where the left side (track +/-) wonā€™t work with the phone but will still change radio stations. I finally isolated it to where it will happen when I plug in the phone (or leave it plugged in) before starting the Jeep.

I havenā€™t replicated it yet with the new phone but I havenā€™t driven much with the new phone in the Jeep yet either, only got it last Friday.

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Anything new on this? I had this problem in my Jeep, but then I was on business and rented another make (Hyundai? Nissan? I dunno) and got some flickering there too, so I figured it was my phone. Well I just got a new iPhone and still having the issue. Had the problem with my old iPhone XS, swapped from an Amazon cable to a fresh from the box Apple cable, and then got the new iPhone 12 Pro Max, all of them have the flicker. Tried both the port on the dash and in the arm rest. Have not tried the USB-C port, but I can try that next.
Would love a resolution, itā€™s somewhat distracting out of the corner of my eye, plus it honestly makes me a little wary of the Jeep electronics...
We're sorry to hear that you are experiencing this concern. If you would like any additional assistance, our team is always available via private message!

Alison
JeepCares

Sponsored

Acdykes

First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited
I've searched the forums and not seeing anything on this yet--some months ago, I noticed that when using Apple Carplay, the screen occasionally twitches. Not sure how else to describe it, almost like a quick spasm then works normally for awhile. The audio doesn't cut out, it doesn't hurt anything, just obnoxious and looks awful when it happens. I've tried replacing the usb cable. It only happens using carplay, so I doubt it's the 7" unconnect unit itself. I starting noticing it after the dealership updated the firmware on the jeep headunit, although it could be coincidence. Still, all signs points to a software issue rather than hardware, so either iOS or uConnect. Only thing I haven't tried is replicating the behavior with an android device. Anyone else seen behavior like this?
Just got my 2020 back in December and this CarPlay screen is super irritating AND mine does the thing with the left +\- button on the back of the steering wheel sometimes working with CarPlay, too. Has anyone found a solution? Has there been an update to that software?

bwilly622

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just got my 2020 back in December and this CarPlay screen is super irritating AND mine does the thing with the left +\- button on the back of the steering wheel sometimes working with CarPlay, too. Has anyone found a solution? Has there been an update to that software?
I've had this issue since the beginning, specifically with changing songs in Spotify using carplay. Tapping the buttons behind the left hand side of the steering wheel sometimes works and other times it has no effect.

What I have found is it has something to do with the "media source". There is a small button, in between the + / -, that changes the source from carplay to AM / FM / Sirus, once it goes full cycle, back to carplay, the + / - works again. Hopefully that fixes your issue.
Sponsored