Sponsored

Apple CarPlay Resizing

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
@JeepCares Are you guys paying attention to what is being said??? People complaining and Jeep not caring. Please get this fixed, it shouldn’t be that hard for your software developers to figure this out. At least acknowledge the issue and inform us that it is being worked on.
Hi JP,
We do appreciate customer feedback. We have passed this along to our Uconnect team.
Alex
Jeep Cares
Sponsored

eleanos24

First Name
Edwin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Compass
Adding my input as I’m also having this issue. With iOS 13 Apple made it so that car manufacturers can have access to adjusting the CarPlay screen on different sized units. Now it’s just Jeep who needs to update it.

CD27CD37-DB5B-4E93-9199-B3813C965BFE.png

xeon

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
My two cents - so far Apple Play on iOS 13.1.2 is and going back to 13.0.0. has been sort of a stupid update. Great for apple..bad for everyone else. Seems apple is just trying to push everyone to Apple Maps. The dual screen mode is pointless unless it can be fully configured by the user. But I believe that goes for all of it.

1. Side panels with icons, temp and time are pointless and a waste of space....should have an option to remove those
2. dual view mode - which has apple maps, your radio and two dumb buttons for home and work. Here are the problems with this
a. Apple Maps - not going to use it. Have other navigation apps I would rather use. We should be able to select which one we want including the one that comes with our JEEP.
b. Music...ok...what if you rather have that section be an oil pressure gauge or something else.. such turn by turn lists ..give us the option to fill it with what we want. I am sure everyone would like something different but to be stuck with just a music button...no point.
c. The worst part is a third part of the screen containing home and work buttons.....Rather have quick buttons to frequently used
functions on my phone or on the JEEP... i really don't

So as currently configured I will never use this multi view thing. So I am stuck with a screen of icons...which is fine. But take away the recently used icons...they are redundant to the main screen of icons....bad user experience. Mobile App development 101.

timk

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 JK Wrangler Unlimited
@JeepCares - My 2019 Compass has the 7" screen and Car Play is in a window, not displaying full screen. Yet, android auto does display full screen, just car play does not. Now with the new iOS it is even worse since all of the buttons and everything is bigger than before. I would very much like to see Chrysler update this the software so that carplay can be full screen on the 7" radios.

Kuzco83

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara
@JeepCares Any update on when the Jeep Community can expect an update to be released? Is it being worked on?

Sponsored

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick and Miyako
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
Occupation
The Man, The Myth, The Legend. In my own mind.
Vehicle Showcase
Don’t get your hopes up boys. The uConnect (especially the 7”) has been a PITA from the get go. There have been a few fixes here and there but it’s poorly conceived and poorly managed code. I don’t know if it’s FCA or Harmon Kardon (probably HK) that does the code but their Quality Control needs an overhaul...

The 8.4” uConnect (UAQ) appears to be from Panasonic. That might explain why it’s been consistently better (though it does have some minor problems as well)

Kuzco83

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara
Regret not getting the 8.4” from the beginning. I thought they would provide the same level of support to both seeing that we are spending over $50k.

@Sgt Beavis I also have a feeling they won’t do anything to fix it and expecting for them to address it is futile. Just trying to let @JeepCares know that they are screwing their customers over.

I guess I’ll have to shop around for an 8.4”.

Evangelist

First Name
Francisco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Renegade limited
@JeepCares Jeep Renegade Limited here, with 7" display and Car Play is in a window, not a good experience at all... I hope it's being solved!

bruute

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sport S
Anyone know if the new TSB updates CarPlay with the proper screen size?

spazzyfry123

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Have there been any updates to this?

I'm in a Gladiator, but the same gig. I've got a 7" screen in my company car (Equinox) that utilizes the full screen and is a perfect size. Foolish of me, but I based that on my decision to forgo the 8.4" when I spec'd my 2020 JTR. Having dealt with my Uconnect 7" turning into a 5" once I plug my phone in is a joke. Not really getting much feedback from anyone, but knowing that the iOS update has given the manufacturers the ability to make it full screen but they aren't is pretty frustrating.

Do I need to drop $1k on a used 8.4" just because FCA won't make some "quick" updates to Apple? You got it to work for Android for some reason!

My guess is pretty much all Gladiator guys are running 8.4". No one makes mention of it over there short of my thread.

https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/apple-carplay-resizing-7-uconnect.25273/

Sponsored

Kuzco83

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara
Have there been any updates to this?

I'm in a Gladiator, but the same gig. I've got a 7" screen in my company car (Equinox) that utilizes the full screen and is a perfect size. Foolish of me, but I based that on my decision to forgo the 8.4" when I spec'd my 2020 JTR. Having dealt with my Uconnect 7" turning into a 5" once I plug my phone in is a joke. Not really getting much feedback from anyone, but knowing that the iOS update has given the manufacturers the ability to make it full screen but they aren't is pretty frustrating.

Do I need to drop $1k on a used 8.4" just because FCA won't make some "quick" updates to Apple? You got it to work for Android for some reason!

My guess is pretty much all Gladiator guys are running 8.4". No one makes mention of it over there short of my thread.

https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/apple-carplay-resizing-7-uconnect.25273/
no updates that I know of.... this is really unfortunate as the experience is not the same as if it were full screen. @JeepCares just keeps saying it’s a great idea and that it’ll be passed up to development team and then we don’t hear anything. At this point it’s
clear they don’t give a damn about this issue. Such an easy fix for a software developer but I guess they don’t want to do it.

spazzyfry123

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
no updates that I know of.... this is really unfortunate as the experience is not the same as if it were full screen. @JeepCares just keeps saying it’s a great idea and that it’ll be passed up to development team and then we don’t hear anything. At this point it’s
clear they don’t give a damn about this issue. Such an easy fix for a software developer but I guess they don’t want to do it.
It's a shame. I hope it's not their way of having people opt for the more expensive package to the 8.4". I know I would have checked that box at the time of order had I known this was going to happen. I know it sounds trivial and silly, but it's a big bummer as I'm using Google Maps through CarPlay every time I hop in the Gladiator.

agarber5687

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLU Sport Altitude, '18 Chrysler Pacifica
It's a shame. I hope it's not their way of having people opt for the more expensive package to the 8.4". I know I would have checked that box at the time of order had I known this was going to happen. I know it sounds trivial and silly, but it's a big bummer as I'm using Google Maps through CarPlay every time I hop in the Gladiator.
I hope not as well but its a terrible look.

I purchased an Altitude Sport, which does not even have the option for the 8.4 inch screen. Otherwise I would have bought it knowing I primarily use CarPlay. I priced it out though and even if I spend another $1,600 to buy the bigger screen from infotainment.com, that is still cheaper than buying the Sahara or Rubicon with extras I don't need just to get the right screen.

Fingers crossed they listen. I just received a customer satisfaction survey yesterday from Jeep and I hammered this point every chance I could.

JUST FIX IT!

FirecrackerRedJLU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
@JeepCares Are you guys paying attention to what is being said??? People complaining and Jeep not caring. Please get this fixed, it shouldn’t be that hard for your software developers to figure this out. At least acknowledge the issue and inform us that it is being worked on.
you realize how dumb you look when you make statements not knowing who actually makes these software fixes? lol jeep could care less, jeep cares are not actually software engineers, or technicians at that. it takes a whole lot more than you would even assume for all these to come together. especially for as much apple alone always comes out with iSo updates etc etc.
Sponsored