Sponsored

Apple CarPlay Sport S

STLYoungblood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S Ocean Blue
Vehicle Showcase
So it seems like everywhere I'm seeing that I should have apple carplay on my JLU Sport S uConnect. Problem is, I don't see it. It's not under apps, or anywhere else. Do I have an outdated software or something? I feel like I'm taking crazy pills here. Any thoughts? It does have the 7" display
Sponsored

Dubeau9005

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport S, 2010 GMC Sierra 1500
So it seems like everywhere I'm seeing that I should have apple carplay on my JLU Sport S uConnect. Problem is, I don't see it. It's not under apps, or anywhere else. Do I have an outdated software or something? I feel like I'm taking crazy pills here. Any thoughts? It does have the 7" display
If you have the 7” upgraded radio, yes, it should have Apple CarPlay. Not sure if it is an app or not though. I believe you may just have to plug in your compatible iPhone with it via USB.i haven’t received my Jeep yet so I can’t confirm that. I ordered a sport S with the upgraded radio due to the fact that it has CarPlay.

$uicide$hift

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
If you did not upgrade to the 7 inch uconnect 4 then you do not have this feature available. If you did you will need to download the app I assume. I use Android and needed Android Auto app before I could get this functionality.

Uconnect® 3 with 5-Inch Display

Standard

• Uconnect® 3 includes a 5-inch display, AM/FM radio, available SiriusXM® Satellite Radio[1] with one year of service, Bluetooth® Streaming Audio, Voice Command, Hands-Free Calling[2] and Voice Text Reply[3] (not compatible with iPhone® mobile devices).

Uconnect® 4 with 7-Inch Display

Requires Additional Selections

• Uconnect® 4 with a 7-inch touchscreen includes an AM/FM radio, available SiriusXM® Satellite Radio[1] with one year of service, Bluetooth® Streaming Audio, Voice Command, Hands-Free Calling[2], Apple Carplay® support[3] and Android Auto™[4].

immersivenc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
It will not show up until you have your iPhone plugged in via USB. There is no CarPlay app, it is native to iOS.

OP
OP
STLYoungblood

STLYoungblood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
It will not show up until you have your iPhone plugged in via USB. There is no CarPlay app, it is native to iOS.
I hadn't even considered trying that. Does it always rely on the USB connection or just the first time? Seems like an odd requirement?!

Sponsored

immersivenc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
I hadn't even considered trying that. Does it always rely on the USB connection or just the first time? Seems like an odd requirement?!
It must be connected (wired USB) to activate CarPlay. I work in IT and my gut tells me CarPlay would be unable to be reliably transmitted via Bluetooth, hence the requirement for wired connection. Lots of graphics going on with maps, etc.

Chowbaby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
You will always have to plug it in either via USB or usb-c. It truly awesome though the first time you see Waze up on the big screen. Added bonus of plugging in - it support quick charge so my phone is never low on juice

OP
OP
STLYoungblood

STLYoungblood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks guys! Been here for like 2 days an all have been a big help!

Dubya

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S, 2000 TJ
It’s USB only and does not work with Bluetooth. What I’ve read says that it’s because of the sheer amount of data being transferred is too much for Bluetooth, also it would drain your phone super quickly if not plugged in.

Hagie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S Sting Grey, 2006 Scion xB RS4.0, 2013 Scion xB RS9.0
Yes plugging in the USB to your iPhone activates Apple Carplay
Sponsored