Sponsored

Apple CarPlay question.

• Thread starter Deleted member 29342
  • Start date
  • Watchers 5

Deleted member 29342

I might be comparing apples to oranges but I’ll ask away. My wife has a 2019 GC Limited when iPhone is connected to the Apple CarPlay and your on the radio station screen or any other screen when a text message comes in it will appear on the bottom screen you can touch it and it will bring up the Apple CarPlay screen. On my 2019 JLUR with the 8.4 screen option I don’t have that feature. If I am connected to Apple CarPlay and I get a text message I’ll never know unless I go into the Apple CarPlay screen or look at the phone. Anyway to get it like my wife GC?
Sponsored

Rico1111

First Name
Rico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2 door JL
I can't definitively state why because I've only just started to use the carplay again...I was primarily using bluetooth to listen to my music and just keeping the phone in my pocket! I noticed when I did this I did get text messages on the screen and I could answer them with voice command! Now that I have started using the carplay (plugging the iphone into uconnect through usb ) I no longer get texts and notice that the iphone states I am driving and cannot be disturbed or some such nonsense. I tried looking through all settings to see if I had turned the ability to reply off, in fact I have not. So It may be a quirk with carplay. As I said I am not a guru on the subject...I am just stating what has happened with my personal use. Someone else I'm sure can give a better response.

Rico1111

First Name
Rico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2 door JL
Just found this on quick google!
Check to see if “Show Notifications” is toggled off in your Bluetooth settings for Uconnect (tap the “i”. Mine was toggled off after the ios12 update. At the very least you’ll start receiving messages again on your Uconnect screen. Give that a shot.

Rico1111

First Name
Rico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2 door JL
I checked and mine is set to allow so I may need to delete phone and re-pair it again!

Sponsored

OP
OP

Deleted member 29342

Yes my phone isn’t connected I get the message pop witch I like. I’m talking about when the phone is plug into CarPlay. When the phone is plug into CarPlay the message pop up is disabled. My wife GC when plug into CarPlay has a little pop up notification on the bottom of the screen that tells you that you have a message when your not in the CarPlay section. That is what I’m trying to get on my JLUR. Here what everyone was just talking about. I have to get a picture of my wife Jeep and show you.

0F61D13B-C9FF-4691-BF43-5E78CE52A881.jpeg

OP
OP

Deleted member 29342

This is what I’m looking for. That is the pop up we get when plug into CarPlay in my wife GC

F6F49638-B85C-42AC-90CE-072D129C4FCC.png

Schism75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18’ JLU SAHARA
I get that “text pop up “notification with CarPlay on my 7” Uconnect screen. I’m not certain why that wouldn’t be the same with your 8.4” screen. I would erase the phone info and re pair it. Make certain Siri is active as well.

OP
OP

Deleted member 29342

I get that “text pop up “notification with CarPlay on my 7” Uconnect screen. I’m not certain why that wouldn’t be the same with your 8.4” screen. I would erase the phone info and re pair it. Make certain Siri is active as well.
I have tried that. It works in the grand Cherokee but not in my Rubicon. All the setting are the same for both vehicles.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Deleted member 29342

Do you have the latest iOS update? I’m running 13.2 ver.

Has to be a setting in your media center. That would be my best guess

Yes Phone is updated to 13.3.1. I guess I’m missing something so small. I’ll keep searching and comparing the 2 jeeps. Unless it doesn’t have that feature in the wranglers.

Plasmadaddy

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Overland. 2019 Harley Davidson CVO Road Glide.
Yes Phone is updated to 13.3.1. I guess I’m missing something so small. I’ll keep searching and comparing the 2 jeeps. Unless it doesn’t have that feature in the wranglers.
I get the pop up alert on my 8.4 using CarPlay.
You must be missing a setting somewhere!

OP
OP

Deleted member 29342

I get the pop up alert on my 8.4 using CarPlay.
You must be missing a setting somewhere!
thank you for the hope. I though maybe my Uconnect needs to be updated but it is up to date. It’s got to be a setting somewhere.

OP
OP

Deleted member 29342

I found the problem. That was off. I still don’t know why it work in my wife GC tho. I have it on now and message are popping up when I’m out of the CarPlay screen.

D140C8AD-EF7E-407F-A2CD-6B6EF8F1AA58.jpeg
Sponsored