Sponsored

Apple CarPlay freezing

Crawldad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2dr wrangler rubicon, '18 Ram3500
***make sure you test your lightning connector with a toothpick. lint gets in there and you cannot see it even with a high power flashlight. only the toothpick test will find it. another symptom of the lint is charging becomes hit/miss. ***

only use a toothpick as metal can damage the connector
Sponsored

devonn216

First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon 4xe
mine got fixed by replacing the usb2 port and the usb hub in the back of the center console. dealer did it under warranty. took 4 visits.......
Could you post or send me a copy of your service record for this, so I can show the dealership? I’ve had two different dealers try to figure this out and both quit trying. The first replaced the entire radio, but it still happens.

donmontalvo

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Website
donmontalvo.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (Snazzberry)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
So my Jeep has 7484 miles on it and everything with the stereo has been food.
I haven't had that issue, but then I have a fridge in the Jeep.

df007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara 2.0
Could you post or send me a copy of your service record for this, so I can show the dealership? I’ve had two different dealers try to figure this out and both quit trying. The first replaced the entire radio, but it still happens.
Here are two that I could find, it there were 3-4. I know for sure they tried replacing the usb2 socket in the center console and that did not work then they replaced the usb hub in the rear of the center console and that fixed it. The way it is wired is that the usb hub in the rear connects to the one in the dash and the port inside the arm rest is wire to the rear usb hub.
Jeep Wrangler JL Apple CarPlay freezing D8823512-B3E7-4622-9DE5-6F0E25DC06A0
Jeep Wrangler JL Apple CarPlay freezing EFD88D08-5773-4F15-BC0B-1094075CC12E
Sponsored