OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
If it's not broke, why fix it?????

I don't see anything that has been added into 13 that makes CarPlay any better.
Then you haven’t used it. Topping the list of improvements for me is the fact that my passenger can now use my phone without affecting CarPlay. For example, using phone to browse Spotify will no longer take Maps off the screen.

Calendar integration is very useful for those of us who take conference calls while commuting.

Siri not taking up the whole screen is great.

Album art is nice.
Sponsored

Kenny

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jl sports, 2015 JK Unlimited, 2013 JK @ Dr
Occupation
Village Idiot
Clubs

Then you haven’t used it. Topping the list of improvements for me is the fact that my passenger can now use my phone without affecting CarPlay. For example, using phone to browse Spotify will no longer take Maps off the screen.

Calendar integration is very useful for those of us who take conference calls while commuting.

Siri not taking up the whole screen is great.

Album art is nice.
All great points, but I don't ride with anyone in the Jeep, I take my calls at work, never use Siri and don't look at the screen when playing music.. You're right - they did add a lot - just nothing I need I guess

mbahrani

First Name
Mohammad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand cherokee laredo 2019
I’m sure there hasn’t been much of an update to this since the last time someone posted, but I was curious as to if an update was made, how would Jeep go about pushing the update? Would it be an over the air type thing where it just updates automatically or would you have to go to the dealership and have them do a software install? @JeepCares, has there been any update as to whether we will see a full length Apple Carplay any time soon? This looks even worse now that iOS 13 has launched officially and everything is crammed into the small “box”.
@JeepCares please fix this. I just bought Grand Cherokee 2019 with 7-inch screen and I was shocked to see that carplay is not full screen. its almost 5' only. Also, there is no big clock !!!

Kuzco83

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara
I’m sure there hasn’t been much of an update to this since the last time someone posted, but I was curious as to if an update was made, how would Jeep go about pushing the update? Would it be an over the air type thing where it just updates automatically or would you have to go to the dealership and have them do a software install? @JeepCares, has there been any update as to whether we will see a full length Apple Carplay any time soon? This looks even worse now that iOS 13 has launched officially and everything is crammed into the small “box”.
@JeepCares Any update? iOS 13.1 has now been officially launched and Jeep hasn’t updated anything as of yet.

Sponsored

Beachcomber

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport
This is what I see on mine. As you can see there is wasted space on both sides and the nav bar on bottom with uconnect options that should be hidden when not needed. I truly hope Jeep will address this as it makes no sense.

0C5351A8-EB00-4424-A6DD-935B6597ACBC.jpeg
If it was full screen how would you get to radio settings or back to normal radio functions. The way it’s laid out is perfect currently with iOS 13.1

Burry

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Cherokee Latitude Plus 4x4 2019
Just picked up a new 2019 Cherokee today, and the CarPlay UI was an immediate disappointment coming from other vehicles with a fullscreen CarPlay UI. The wasted space seems like a real oversight, and I hope this will be improved with a software update. Otherwise I'm really enjoying the vehicle.

If it was full screen how would you get to radio settings or back to normal radio functions. The way it’s laid out is perfect currently with iOS 13.1
On other vehicles with CarPlay, (most I'd reckon), there is a faux manufacturer "app" that bounces you back to the standard UI, and that's how you would access the radio or climate. For most people using media apps through CarPlay, I'm not sure that one-tap access to the radio is critical.

OP
OP

Jcmoney1010

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
I’m not even looking for a “full” screen necessarily, I just want the wasted space gone. There’s no need to have the temperature always visible ... or at least while using that much space. Use the circled space below and I’ll be a happy camper @JeepCares
91D0D102-0918-4FFC-8854-BCE3743F9AE9.jpeg

jlewissystem

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR MANUAL Mojito!
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I’m not even looking for a “full” screen necessarily, I just want the wasted space gone. There’s no need to have the temperature always visible ... or at least while using that much space. Use the circled space below and I’ll be a happy camper @JeepCares
91D0D102-0918-4FFC-8854-BCE3743F9AE9.jpeg
Mine is displayed fully left to right - i dont have those "spacer bars" on the side. I dont have a "home virtual button" either. It looks different than the pic.

OP
OP

Jcmoney1010

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
Mine is displayed fully left to right - i dont have those "spacer bars" on the side. I dont have a "home virtual button" either. It looks different than the pic.
What size screen do you have? It’s my understanding that the 8.4 in display utilizes a full screen Apple Carplay, while the 7in displays like the picture above.

Sponsored

jason0341

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2.0L Rubicon
What size screen do you have? It’s my understanding that the 8.4 in display utilizes a full screen Apple Carplay, while the 7in displays like the picture above.
Yep my 8.4 uses the full screen.

jlewissystem

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR MANUAL Mojito!
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Ah, that’s the difference then. I do have the 8.4

mbahrani

First Name
Mohammad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand cherokee laredo 2019
Other cars have dedicated icon inside carplay home screen so you can get back to car original system.

Kuzco83

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara
@JeepCares Are you guys paying attention to what is being said??? People complaining and Jeep not caring. Please get this fixed, it shouldn’t be that hard for your software developers to figure this out. At least acknowledge the issue and inform us that it is being worked on.
Sponsored