Sponsored

Anyone experience software bugs after Paddle shifter install?

bobholthaus

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JKURD AEV JL370; 2014 GC Overland Diesel
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Technology Integrator
Thanks for the kind words! I hope to get some traction in Q1 on the paddle shifter gear # activation.
Carl: are your paddle shifter parts oem? Thanks!
Sponsored

DC3

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Website
dilabs.cc
Vehicle(s)
'21 JT EcoDiesel, 22 Polestar
Occupation
Engineer
Carl: are your paddle shifter parts oem? Thanks!
Yes, they are, except for the little screw covers, we make those in-house b/c I initially couldn't find the part numbers, and then when I did, the Mopar inventory levels were đź’©.

bobholthaus

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Technology Integrator
Thanks for the kind words! I hope to get some traction in Q1 on the paddle shifter gear # activation.
I just bought a set; I'm assuming that there isn't a Forum discount? Thanks Carl. This is so exciting for me to be able to add these!

• Love
Reactions: DC3

DC3

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Website
dilabs.cc
Vehicle(s)
'21 JT EcoDiesel, 22 Polestar
Occupation
Engineer
I just bought a set; I'm assuming that there isn't a Forum discount? Thanks Carl. This is so exciting for me to be able to add these!
Thanks! We don't have a forum discount. We will probably not replenish inventory once we sell this batch. Threedom is the only place, that I am aware of, that stocks these kits. Everywhere else their drop shipped.

bobholthaus

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Technology Integrator
I’m tackling the paddle shifters today. I have a question: when I take the positive and negative leads off of the main battery, in order to ensure the airbag doesn’t deploy on me, are we certain that there is still no 12 V power from the secondary battery that could trigger something.? I’m assuming that an airbag deployment would be catastrophic for me.

Sponsored

bobholthaus

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Technology Integrator
To answer my question above: it is absolutely critical to ensure that the leads for the auxiliary battery are undone before attempting to install paddle shifters. There is absolutely still 12 V power running to the systems and less you unhook the secondary battery. I need to find a good link for doing that, but it was evident when I open the doors of the jeep and the dashboard still lit up even when the main battery was disconnected.

Here is my second conundrum. My steering wheel on my diesel seems to have a weight on it that no one has mentioned in any of the paddle shifter videos. It clearly has a 3.0 L stamped on it, so I’m assuming it’s a diesel only parts. as I did buy a 392 wheel, do you think I also need to have this weight in there as well? The 392 wheel definitely seems heavier than my OEM Rubicon wheel. Does anyone know about this weight? It has a QR code on it that I’m going to scan. My thought is to go ahead and install it and see what it feels like and if it seems too heavy on the wheel, I will take it apart and uninstall it. I’d love to get some feedback from someone who knows about this. @392OVRLND or @Ratbert, any ideas?

9D774810-4EF3-4F85-A76F-5336AFEEEE7D.jpeg

2006A5F9-8F1B-4994-85BE-2BE3E6F8DD9E.jpeg

bobholthaus

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Technology Integrator
I'm thinking that it's time for your to buy a scale.
Ha, I have a digital one at my office, but didn’t feel like driving over there!!
Sponsored