Tazer Mini bugs?

RubiCoug

First Name
Justin
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon Recon, was a 2017 JKU
I installed the Tazer mini in the new Recon. It's working great. I do have a couple bugs I think are related to the camera option when you use your turn signal.

1) When on the phone in CarPlay, the volume immediately drops if I am on a phone call and hit the turn signal.
2) Sometimes, when I use the turn signal, and the camera comes on, the stereo changes inputs or the radio station adjusts.

I swear there is nobody hitting rogue buttons.

Anyone else see gremlins like this?
Advertisement

TXFirecracker

First Name
Keith
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JL Willys
I have not experienced those issues but admittedly have not had enough road time with mine yet. I would recommend letting them know so they can diagnose and put out an update if necessary. Good luck!

kmusk01

First Name
Ken
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon Recon
My Tazer Mini is arriving today and I also have a brand new Recon. I don't use apple, but android auto. Will let you know if this happens to me as well.

Ken~

kmusk01

First Name
Ken
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon Recon
So the Tazer Mini has been installed and no real issues so far on my Recon.

I have done the following:
- Fog lights stay on with brights
- Rear camera comes on with blinker
- Rubicon splash upon startup
- Disabled seat belt chime
- Adjusted TPMS so I can lower air pressure without it going off

The only issue I noticed once so far was hitting the mute button twice to turn the camera on, I then hit the X to close camera. For about 2 min or so my blinkers would not turn on the rear camera when changing lanes. It seemed to fix itself after about 2 minutes and only did it that one time.

Ken~

CrawlnTall

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 RST Chevy Tahoe
I installed the Tazer mini in the new Recon. It's working great. I do have a couple bugs I think are related to the camera option when you use your turn signal.

1) When on the phone in CarPlay, the volume immediately drops if I am on a phone call and hit the turn signal.
2) Sometimes, when I use the turn signal, and the camera comes on, the stereo changes inputs or the radio station adjusts.

I swear there is nobody hitting rogue buttons.

Anyone else see gremlins like this?
I just started experiencing the same problem. When talking on the phone (android auto), the volume cuts out when I hit the turn signal. Any luck finding a solution?

Kpbergma

First Name
Karel
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 JKUS, 20 JLUR
I’ve been having a similar issue off and on: it seems when I finish a turn and the signal light clicks off, sometimes my car play music volume drops until I readjust it. I don’t know if it’s a tazer issue (though I do have one, with the backup camera on turn signal feature enabled), or a general CarPlay or uconnect issue. Sometimes it’s very annoying !

Advertisement

PSC Motorsports

Advertisement