Sponsored

Anyone else wrenching during quarantine?

Jgeiken

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
I see... taller jack stands may come in handy for you in the future.

I use 6 ton jack stands and a floor jack and have done several lifts using the same setup. I have used spring compressor before on other suspension installs and I just try to avoid them if I could. They work, it just feels like a ticking time bomb :time::please::whew:
There was a lot of turning my head and closing my eyes while carrying those suckers around!
Sponsored

Supercharged

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport S, Pontiac G8 GT, GMC Acadia
My day job is remote based so its business as usual except having the kids home for at least 3 weeks has created additional challenges.

72Blazer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72BlazerCrawler 72Blazer12V 88SBDuramax 18JLUR
Occupation
SLP
I actually got around to the start of finishing of my fence. Redoing 350’ of fencing on my in laws side as the chain link fence my father in law had was hurting resale value. Got the posts cemented in...just need a few more Hs then on to running the fencing. Trying to get it done so I can finish up my front gate.

been waiting for my buddy to clear up at the shop but haven’t heard from him. Maybe do the Mopar lift install in my garage. Tires are just sitting at Discount. Waiting on my refund for my Shittybilt tire reinforcement kit so I can go with some CavFab parts.

Other than that, business as usual. Work in the SNF setting so we are “essential employees”

15928A84-BBD2-4B28-92C1-5A3D8A45B31E.jpeg

K-nuk

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, CJ7
I'll be doing a bunch of fab if we shut down at work. I just hope the steel yards stay open or getting material is going to be a bitch.

Steelmaking and distribution are considered essential businesses so they don’t have to close.

Makes good sense to me!

Kluk Ztopolovky

First Name
Kluk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Sport 2dr Sting Gray manual
here in Ontario our official state of emergency left the liqueur and cannabis stores opened and so we are kicking ars

Sponsored

jeepdabest

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sahara
stay safe everyone! with the Chinese virus going around I'm being prudent by not adding accessories at this time. it isn't easy. but, i'm really trying not to touch my tool.

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
Hmm, my project took a whole 10 minutes:giggle: I received my Ram mount rail and phone holder today. Simple, clean and effective. I love it:like:

IMG_20200325_105725958_HDR.jpg

Gee-pah

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
I have stuff to install but no Jeep yet to put them on.
Yes Bill, I'm wrenching.....

...gut wrenching to go out in the nice weather and be free...outdoors...in my rig with my hair blown back.....

....But my responsibility to myself, my family, and my fellow human suggests that self-imposed quarantine allows this wave of illness to subside somewhat, to allow the next wave to be less severe, to increase the chances that adequate medical assets will be there to threat such future waves.

And yeah, it seems likely that COVID-19 will result in avoidable deaths anyway, if not for the sake of available staff and equipment to treat (like ventilators) it. But I want to know I put my share of the dent into this warrior virus, which knows no race, gender, income, age, religion, ethnic, cultural or country boundaries.

Not to get melodramatic but there is a bittersweet silver lining in this cloud in that "what can attack us all also unifies us."

Good health and peace everyone. If not the rig whose dirt often ads character, wash those hands like a mad dog.

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
Took off the rear bumper yesterday to mount LED lights in the bumper, then pushed wire from the back all the way to the front through the frame and wired it up under the hood. Took, my time and well, I have time. Worked the first time it hit the aux switch #3.

EGEKh5e0qilg3hazZJkM_kNBEuw20otZ9aJkCY2S2VLK-ufE7weFemVmXlTcsF7wOyou3NdCtJoYpK2CSw=w1010-h757-no.jpg

Last edited:

Jeepileptic

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon, 2016 Fisher-Price Jeep Frozen Edition
Quarantine is getting expensive for me...
I started with Poison Spyder Hood Louvers, next TF trackbar, and last weekend put on my Fifteen52 wheels with 35” Mickey Thompsons.

And, UPS shows the AEV 2” lift kit will be here today. Usually, I would say my wife is gonna kill me, but with the tight quarters, she’s been extra frisky here lately ;):muscle:.

D9D74FBB-56EF-4D99-9D6E-99F9A06F7347.jpeg

BB40B81C-B662-4DF3-B69F-0FD00EFDE27E.jpeg

C2ABAB48-97BE-453D-9395-35629800C21B.jpeg

Sponsored

Jeepileptic

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon, 2016 Fisher-Price Jeep Frozen Edition
What are you thoughts on the louvers?
I like them a lot more than I thought I would. I originally cut the bottom out of the factory plastic ones as well as the heat shield. I really hated the unfinished look underneath; mainly the heat shield was saggy and had a gap between it and the hood.
I highly recommend the Poison Spyder Louvers.

Albertaktm

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Willys 2 Door Manual.
Occupation
Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
Did this one on Friday - bolted on a used JK hitch picked up off Craigslist. Last week when it was really warm I knocked the loose rust off it, then hit it with Rustoleum Rust Inhibitor primer and semi-gloss black spray paint. Easiest mod ever! Also helped my son install a new radio in his KJ - we finally have Bluetooth for phone calls and music.

Here in NJ, schools are now closed indefinitely, so it looks like I'll be working from home for a while.I guess if I find a great deal on some wheels and tires I might be persuaded to install the Rubicon springs and shocks I have in storage LOL.

IMG_2557.JPG

IMG_2560.JPG

IMG_2562.JPG
I ordered my 2020 JLU Altitude with the hitch package. Then deleted it last second because i read on the Jeep brochure ir was only a 1 1/4" receiver that shipped with the tow option. Of course the info was wrong! I'll be installing the 2" receiver when the Jeep finally shows up.

The hitch is puppy piss easy but it looks like the wiring harness has to send a hot lead all the way up to the battery?? This seems odd, as the last 2 vans i put hitches on , Honda and Chevy, the wiring harness got everything off the tail light assembly. simple plug and play.

Anybody find an easier solution than feeding a line up to the battery? It's not the end of the world to do that but there has to be an easier way

desync0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2dr Sport in Mojito!
Vehicle Showcase
All the after market wiring harnesses need battery power as well, they're only using the tail lights for inputs to trigger relays. They try to keep the vehicle wiring isolated from the trailer wiring so a shorted trailer doesn't fry anything on the vehicle side since everything is canbus these days.

I finally managed to get a piece slag knocked off and hitch installed yesterday, finishing the wiring today, the hardest part is finding a safe route over the rear axle, after that you can run it along the inside of the frame over the gas tank skid to the front and just fish it up behind the battery.

jakebrake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 wrangler rubicon recon
not yet...I've been doing the crap I've been putting off since moby dick was a guppy.

however, ordered a set of sill plates that i'm going to put on....but, I hit a snag. turns out, they are aftermarket. consequently, no arrows to match up with body seams.

anyone know how far from the edge of the sill plates to the body seams?

(yeah....i'd ask someone closer, but, the whole "social distancing" thing.
Sponsored