Sponsored

Anyone else wrenching during quarantine?

TRZ

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, Ocean Blue
With many forms of usual entertainment shut down here in Colorado, I’ve brought forward some of my planned upgrades. Last weekend was installation of Synergy drag link, tie rod and stabilizer. Just ordered the front trackbar and sector shaft brace. Awaiting delivery of a rear bumper, installed backup lights (still have to wire them up) and will finally get around to painting the dashboard pieces. I had originally planned to spread this stuff out, but you can only binge on so much TV!
Sponsored

Gonzanc

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLURD, '76 FJ40, '17 BMW 650i Gran coupe
Right there with ya. Seems like a good time to get it all knocked out. Can’t say enough good things about the synergy brace, although it’s a bitch if a project

Cthehentz

First Name
Kev
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, I need to install a disconnect to the winch and order/install flood lights on the new grille guard. I also need to gut the garage but will see that may cut into my nap time lol.

desync0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2dr Sport in Mojito!
Vehicle Showcase
So far I'm still working but I have tomorrow off and it seems like the perfect chance to install my hitch and wiring.
Then if I do end up getting laid off I can pick up a cheap utility trailer and catch up on all the yard work I didn't do in the fall LOL

Sponsored

OP
OP
TRZ

TRZ

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, Ocean Blue
Right there with ya. Seems like a good time to get it all knocked out. Can’t say enough good things about the synergy brace, although it’s a bitch if a project
What makes the install so difficult? Seems relatively straight forward.

Newfy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 jl, 07 Ram 3500, 13 CRV
I think I'm going to finally finish residing the rear of my house. Started with the front moved down the two sides, changed all the trim and soffit while I was at it and all the windows in the rear. Added a rear elevated deck while I was at it. Once you start it just never ends.

IMG_20191122_085945.jpg

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

I'm working from home, but only until around 2pm each day. I've got a Sunrider for Hardtop arriving on Thursday. Of course it's supposed to rain that day and the next, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a 30 - 45 minute window so I can get the top installed before the weekend.

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
Wife has me renovating a laundry room but then got a lift to get installed...,

Gonzanc

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What makes the install so difficult? Seems relatively straight forward.
It's very straight forward, but tedious. Lots of torque checking, rolling around on the parking garage floor and getting big hands/tools into small places. Also, the pitman arm nut had so much red loctite on it that I went through 2 batteries on my 700 ftlb dewalt impact wrench just to get it off. Hence me saying it was a bitch

Sponsored

Will_Jeep

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2108 JKU Sahara, Black 2016 Mercedes CLS400
Vehicle Showcase
I did a 2" spacer lift last week, waiting for some Mopar LCA from the Mopar lift kit to come in, then they will be installed.

And a bunch of yard work to do!

MACKRobinson

First Name
Mack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2018 Grand Cherokee SRT8
Vehicle Showcase
Installing power steps from Rockslide this weekend as long as they show up in time. Shipping delays due to Quarantine

Gonzanc

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Installing power steps from Rockslide this weekend as long as they show up in time. Shipping delays due to Quarantine
Keep us updated on these! I'm looking at going the same route and im curious of the install and the fit and finish

MACKRobinson

First Name
Mack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2018 Grand Cherokee SRT8
Vehicle Showcase
Keep us updated on these! I'm looking at going the same route and im curious of the install and the fit and finish
I will let you know it doesn’t look to bad watched a ton of YouTube on install. It just looks time consuming.
Sponsored