Sponsored

Anyone else have OCD or Quirky behavior?

higbyz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sahara mojito 2.0 - 2020 Sahara Bikini 2.0
, Once I smell it, I am filled with a moment of pure joy,
Thats what he said ! :turkey:

My OCD is that I cant stop making stupid remarks . I just cant !
Sponsored

Last edited:

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
For the people that have real OCD problems, I mean no disrespect with the title. I just wonder if others have certain rituals involving their Jeeps. Here's a short list of mine........
1) If I take the doors off (JLU) I must take off all 4 or I won't even bother. And the back windows (Sky One)

2) When I reinstall the doors I have to put the hinge bolts back in. Even if I'm planning to take the doors off again soon.

3)After washing and drying the Jeep, I will skip the interior if it's clean, skip the glass if it looks clean but always have to clean the door jams and the inner step area under the door.

4)Even if i'm only traveling a mile or so I always plug my iPhone into the Car Play. (I act like my Jeep wouldn't operate without it.)

5) Ok one more....when I'm starting the engine in the garage my eyes always go to the odometer and the mileage. I then make a mental note of the mileage just to see how many miles I drove that day. (to lazy to set the trip meter)

Go ahead rip me a new one, call me a whacko I don't care. I can take it but I'll bet I'm not the only one with certain "rituals".
Wow !!! After reading this, it turns out that Iā€™m normal.....all this time I thought I was weird with my ocd. Lol......

I do a lot of things mentioned, but sometimes forget or Iā€™m distracted and donā€™t do one or two, but the, waiting until the engine rpms lower, is a constant no matter what.

I wonā€™t move until itā€™s lowered, not even if just moving a few feet. Itā€™s like ocd paralyzes me or something ...........:facepalm:..................:)

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
Wow !!! After reading this, it turns out that Iā€™m normal.....all this time I thought I was weird with my ocd. Lol......

I do a lot of things mentioned, but sometimes forget or Iā€™m distracted and donā€™t do one or two, but the, waiting until the engine rpms lower, is a constant no matter what.

I wonā€™t move until itā€™s lowered, not even if just moving a few feet. Itā€™s like ocd paralyzes me or something ...........:facepalm:..................:)
But what are Colby's quirks? :involve:

Sponsored

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
My weird thing is I can't have cords showing so I use the USB port in the center console for CarPlay and keep my phone in the console. Which means every time I get into or out of the Jeep I have to open the center console. Drives my kids crazy.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
I donā€™t mind wheeling my Jeep and getting it dirty. But I canā€™t stand driving around in a filthy vehicle; I have to wash it. What can I say: I love a sparkling clean Jeep.

Sponsored

Jamrock

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
You guys are a riot. The OCD rituals re: the volume knobs are out of this world.

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
For the people that have real OCD problems, I mean no disrespect with the title. I just wonder if others have certain rituals involving their Jeeps. Here's a short list of mine........
1) If I take the doors off (JLU) I must take off all 4 or I won't even bother. And the back windows (Sky One)

2) When I reinstall the doors I have to put the hinge bolts back in. Even if I'm planning to take the doors off again soon.

3)After washing and drying the Jeep, I will skip the interior if it's clean, skip the glass if it looks clean but always have to clean the door jams and the inner step area under the door.

4)Even if i'm only traveling a mile or so I always plug my iPhone into the Car Play. (I act like my Jeep wouldn't operate without it.)

5) Ok one more....when I'm starting the engine in the garage my eyes always go to the odometer and the mileage. I then make a mental note of the mileage just to see how many miles I drove that day. (to lazy to set the trip meter)

Go ahead rip me a new one, call me a whacko I don't care. I can take it but I'll bet I'm not the only one with certain "rituals".
2 is silly - doors can't fall off without the hinge bolts. Buy some hinge pins and chill.

I also have one:

- I don't like people working on my Jeep and have to check over their work when done.

Last edited:

plex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Weekend keyboard mechanic and beer drinker
Vehicle Showcase
2 is silly - doors can't fall off without the hinge bolts. But some hinge pins and chill.

I also have one:

- I don't like people working on my Jeep and have to check over their work when done.
I agree with the last point, that is not even OCD. I have dealt with several offroad shops, all good ones, 5/5 google review, super nice owners.

BUT, nobody will NEVER treat your Jeep, regardless how much he loves his job or serious about Jeep, as you do. I had these super good offroad shops screwed up small things before, small things but still.

There are only two things I will let someone else touch my Jeep: tires and gears, I don't have tire machine but seriously thinking about getting one, and regearing is something that unfortunately easy to screw up, and have almost no choice other than finding a shop has good gear tech.

Black Jeep Convertible

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Sport S 2.0T eTorque
Occupation
Amazon Influencer šŸ˜‚
Always park as close as possible to the entrance of wherever I'm going
Always park ass first
Always hit my lock button again even though I'm 99.9999% sure I already locked my vehicle
Always go through a touchless wash after driving in salt
Always go through a touchless wash if there's no rain for a week straight
Always pull on the seat height lever in case I pushed it down while getting out
Always fill up at 50% fuel
Always reset my trip 1 every fill up
Always reset trip 2 after putting on brand new tires
Always switch my headlight dial to parking lights because I don't have DRLs
Always have screen on rearview camera if I don't have videos playing
Sponsored