Sponsored

Anyone else have OCD or Quirky behavior?

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
For the people that have real OCD problems, I mean no disrespect with the title. I just wonder if others have certain rituals involving their Jeeps. Here's a short list of mine........
1) If I take the doors off (JLU) I must take off all 4 or I won't even bother. And the back windows (Sky One)

2) When I reinstall the doors I have to put the hinge bolts back in. Even if I'm planning to take the doors off again soon.

3)After washing and drying the Jeep, I will skip the interior if it's clean, skip the glass if it looks clean but always have to clean the door jams and the inner step area under the door.

4)Even if i'm only traveling a mile or so I always plug my iPhone into the Car Play. (I act like my Jeep wouldn't operate without it.)

5) Ok one more....when I'm starting the engine in the garage my eyes always go to the odometer and the mileage. I then make a mental note of the mileage just to see how many miles I drove that day. (to lazy to set the trip meter)

Go ahead rip me a new one, call me a whacko I don't care. I can take it but I'll bet I'm not the only one with certain "rituals".
Sponsored

OP
OP
sf5211

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
Always press the Auto start stop button after pressing the ignition button. It has become a ritual for me.
Hahaha me too, I didn't include that one because so many of us hit that button that it's not even a "quirky ritual". It's freakin normal.

Sponsored

jayteal

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL Rubicon; 2018 JLUR; 2004 TJ
Guilty of 1-3 and I kill ESS, then hit "accept" on the Uconnect screen and in that order when starting up.

Sol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport, 2020 JL Willys
a. Pull the parking brake each time I park (manual transmission)
b. Reset both trip odometers and gas mileage each time I fill up
c. Use the back up cam to precisely position my Jeep when parking in the garage - I have a shallow garage and if I’m off a couple of inches the beer fridge door won’t swing open
d. Must have a cap on or nearby to operate the Jeep - toplessness can happen at any time

bwright1818

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler
At each start up, if it is cold, I will not roll the vehicle until the engine at least reaches room temperature, no matter how late I might be running. Tell me THAT'S not quirky. Like CherryWrangle, I also am careful to try and not roll my ass over the edges of the seat, so as not to wear them out too fast.

Will_Jeep

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2108 JKU Sahara, Black 2016 Mercedes CLS400
Vehicle Showcase
I do 3 (clean door jams and underside of the door, I did just that yesterday) & 4 (plug in iPhone), as for doors off, not my thing (tried it and didn't like it).

Also, ESS, I get that it's each to their own, but I have it on other vehicles and it really doesn't bother me at all. I have a 2.0T, and I think that it's actually one of the smoothest implementations, others can be such more abrupt when you pull away from a light.

dsgrey

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
Vehicle Showcase
1) Pull the parking brake every time I stop, even with my auto. I can't stand the transmission clunk when it has tension after being parked. Plus I was taught 40 years ago this isn't good on the transmission.
2) Odometer reset was an item when I drove a vehicle with good gas mileage but stopped with the wrangler.
3) Clean front windshield is a must. Jeep can be nasty but I'll take the time to clean the front windshield of bugs and dirt. I also cannot tolerate driving a vehicle with an inside fog/film layer that makes it harder to see at night.
4) Interior trash. Take the trash you made. Spouse is terrible about this and will not change after 30+ years.
Sponsored